Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Debates & Arguments

Old 03-10-2011, 11:16 PM   #21
SizeableSSonic
Joystick Junkie
D&A Member

Class/Position: Engineer or Sniper
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to SizeableSSonic Send a message via MSN to SizeableSSonic
*yawn*

Are the Democrats ridiculously wrong for acting like spoiled children? Yes.

Are the Republicans massive hypocrites for calling the Democrats out on this after their party did what was essentially the same thing in the Senate for the past two years? You bet.

Mop mop mop, all day long, mop mop mop while I sing this song...

Last edited by SizeableSSonic; 03-11-2011 at 10:08 AM.
SizeableSSonic is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2011, 12:49 AM   #22
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
No, it's common sense.
And explains why America with it's backward medical system has almost NO obese people, especially when compared with other countries.

Old 03-11-2011, 01:19 AM   #23
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by SizeableSSonic View Post
*yawn*

Are the Democrats ridiculously wrong for acting like acting like spoiled children? Yes.

Are the Republicans massive hypocrites for calling the Democrats out on this after their party did what was essentially the same thing in the Senate for the past two years? You bet.

Mop mop mop, all day long, mop mop mop while I sing this song...
Good thing the Republican Party left me a long time ago hmmn?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2011, 04:01 AM   #24
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast View Post
And explains why America with it's backward medical system has almost NO obese people, especially when compared with other countries.
l2read
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #25
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Quote:
It's like "free" health-care. Paying for health-care out of your own pocket will always provide you with a larger incentive to stay fit because it's at your cost, while having the burden shifted on the whole of society eases you up to live like a slob.
Please explain.

Old 03-11-2011, 02:57 PM   #26
Bridget
Banned

Use fucking deductive reasoning.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #27
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

I tried that and you told me I needed to learn how to read. You're having trouble backing up your claim here...

Old 03-11-2011, 07:14 PM   #28
Bridget
Banned

I haven't attempted to back up my claim. Use deductive reasoning. It's not that difficult.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:38 PM   #29
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

I'm actually genuinely curious where I'm wrong on this one, please explain what point you were trying to make.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:57 PM   #30
Bridget
Banned

It's a simple point, 'tardo. People tend to easily spend other people's money, but when it comes to their own money, they are usually pretty conservative. People having to pay health-care costs gives people an incentive to take care of themselves, because it's on their dime. Socialized health-care spreads the burden so thin that people have less of that incentive. Americans are fat fucks for other reasons; I never implied it was the only variable. Hell, I never even implied that it was the case. Socialized health-care isn't going to make things better, though.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:17 PM   #31
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Oh okay, so I did completely understand what you were trying to say, it just doesn't really seem to hold up in the real world or make much sense.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:25 PM   #32
Bridget
Banned

Get around to living in the real world, then.

Old 03-11-2011, 08:39 PM   #33
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Touche

Old 03-12-2011, 07:01 PM   #34
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Sorry I didn't respond right away innoc. Things got carried away here too I see. But the governor is not their boss. They aren't reporting to him they are reporting to their voters. If their voters want something then they should be trying to get it. Not I'm not normally in favor of breaking the rules but in all honesty the republicans break the rules all the time and as soon as a democrat tip toes over the line. The republicans freak out like it's the worst thing in the world. I would like to see neither side break rules or use stupid stall tactIcs but when one team is always cheating, and getting away with it then the other team starts to look like chumps for not cheating too.

In this situation cheating has evaded rational debate about how to deal with that states economy. The republicans clearly think that state funding for teachers should be cut in order to protect the top income brackets from paying taxes and the democrats disagree. Instead of discussing why and coming to a compromise each side has circumvented the rules in favor of strategy and prevented any real help from being accomplished. This if my frustration's source.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2011, 02:22 PM   #35
stray kitten
mjau
D&A Member

Class/Position: kittens are sneaky, spy
Gametype: Capture the mouse
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
It's a simple point, 'tardo. People tend to easily spend other people's money, but when it comes to their own money, they are usually pretty conservative. People having to pay health-care costs gives people an incentive to take care of themselves, because it's on their dime. Socialized health-care spreads the burden so thin that people have less of that incentive. Americans are fat fucks for other reasons; I never implied it was the only variable. Hell, I never even implied that it was the case. Socialized health-care isn't going to make things better, though.
deductive reasoning tells me this is the core of why I hardly ever support democrat a.k.a. liberal policies. Americans are fat because they have learned to be lazy and selfish. Another democrat a.k.a. liberal policy.
6 of the 10 richest counties in America now surround Washington D.C. Our "capitol" edged out Silicon Valley as the nation's richest metro area. Reality Distortion Field = 1. Stream the distractions: One percent, hoodies, and kony oh my.

Last edited by stray kitten; 03-15-2011 at 02:23 PM.
stray kitten is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2011, 09:29 PM   #36
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray kitten View Post
deductive reasoning tells me this is the core of why I hardly ever support democrat a.k.a. liberal policies. Americans are fat because they have learned to be lazy and selfish. Another democrat a.k.a. liberal policy.
Sad part is, going by this description.... I can't tell Republicans from Democrats.

Both sides will lie to you, while trying to forward their own agendas. Don't trust a carreer politician.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-16-2011, 03:09 AM   #37
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
That's not deductive, nor is it 'reason'.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:21 AM   #38
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Quote:
You know that when you're agreeing with Bridget there's a fault in the chain of reasoning somewhere. And this... this is really poor logic.

Old 03-16-2011, 05:06 AM   #39
Bridget
Banned

You're the one with a reasoning fault if you disagree with the fundamental fact of human nature that people will easily and recklessly spend other people's money, but will be overtly cautious with their own, even to the point of making sacrifices to ensure it. Maybe you should stop importing your logic from smug retardo Marxist canucks who sip wild rice smoothies when they're not ice-skating, and get around to real critical thinking?

Last edited by Bridget; 03-16-2011 at 05:07 AM.

Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #40
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Touche