Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 12-07-2006, 06:19 PM   #1
o_osiris

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Fueled by water!

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...oID=1450942227

Pretty cool if you ask me, like to see what can come from this.
o_osiris is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
o_ivaqual

nothing. it just won't be let to happen. remember oil lobbies ?
o_ivaqual is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
o_sh4x

Ya ok but how are we supposed to destroy the planet if we use water as a fuel??

NEXT
o_sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2006, 09:28 PM   #4
o_uber

Build more roads.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
o_dr zoidberg

I think this is fucking cool. Water cars FTW!! =) fuel can be for the Racing cars and stuff that really need it like astronaut shit.
o_dr zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2006, 11:39 PM   #6
o_nezumi

Water cars could happen. There's actually an all-electric car on the market in the US (The Tesla Roadser).
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
o_nodnarb

that is COOL!!
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 12:02 AM   #8
o_zsilver_fox

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
While I'm not usually the "ZOMG CONSPIRACY" kind of type, I doubt that such a thing will get as far as it should in the coming years because of oil companies.
o_zsilver_fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 12:07 AM   #9
o_uber

Well eventually oil will run out, and so will oil companies.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 12:13 AM   #10
o_backstaber

I doubt it it's gonna happen not necessarily because of the oil companies, but oil itself. It's a lot less expensive to drive cars powered by gasoline because it's already being used and has been for over 100 years, it's a proven technology. While cars being powered by water (as much as I would want) are still being tested and are just too expensive to produce at this time, and the demand for them isn't there yet.

But don't worry guys, when the time comes around where we need to use an alternative source of fuel for our cars, power plants, anything. It will come.
o_backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 12:31 AM   #11
o_nezumi

The Tesla Roadster costs $80 or $90,000, but then again it's a sportscar.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 12:57 AM   #12
o_ivaqual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstaber
I doubt it it's gonna happen not necessarily because of the oil companies, but oil itself. It's a lot less expensive to drive cars powered by gasoline because it's already being used and has been for over 100 years, it's a proven technology.
no. there just isn't any interest (sigh).

http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/1007/p...ient=firefox-a

Old 12-09-2006, 01:30 AM   #13
o_backstaber

Thanks nagual, for adding something completely unrelated to the comparison of gasoline driven cars against water driven cars. May I also add that you only focused on that aspect of what I said and you are taking it out of context.
Additionally, I think your purposefully trying to lure me into a completely different argument and I will not follow.

I'll end this with the fact that I strongly support the use of 85% Ethanol 15% gasoline fuel as an alternative to just gasoline. But as I have said, it will most likely come when the demand within the United States increases. What Brazil has done is pretty wonderful in my opinion, kudos to them.

Old 12-09-2006, 01:33 AM   #14
o_nodnarb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstaber
Thanks nagual, for adding something completely unrelated to the comparison of gasoline driven cars against water driven cars. May I also add that you only focused on that aspect of what I said and you are taking it out of context.
Additionally, I think your purposefully trying to lure me into a completely different argument and I will not follow.

I'll end this with the fact that I strongly support the use of 85% Ethanol 15% gasoline fuel as an alternative to just gasoline. But as I have said, it will most likely come when the demand within the United States increases. What Brazil has done is pretty wonderful in my opinion, kudos to them.
he did that because you said there was no demand by the people that are paying almost $3.00 a gallon
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 01:38 AM   #15
o_backstaber

Again, taken out of context. I must reiterate myself again. I was comparing Water Driven Cars to Gasoline Driven Cars. The Demand For Water Driven Cars Is Not There COMPARED To Gasoline Driven Cars.

Do I have to repeat?

Old 12-09-2006, 02:09 AM   #16
o_ivaqual

jesus calm down there's nothing to be offended about. it is related since we were talking about wether oil will be abandoned or not for other solutions, and the whys and hows of that. in that link i think it states pretty well that if there is the general intention do it, it's doable in a relatively short period of time. i mean, it's a lot less expensive to drive cars based on gasoline or alcohol ? that's what i was pointing at.

i'm going to "lure" you into offtopic ? what is this i'm leading some conspiracy against you so we go off-topic ? do you realize how ridiculous this is ?

seriously you are going haywire

Last edited by o_ivaqual; 12-09-2006 at 02:19 AM.

Old 12-09-2006, 02:42 AM   #17
o_backstaber

Frankly, there was nothing offending of it. I was only being assertive in my views.
But, it's always the American who overreacts, right?

About the change in arguement, you posted about something I wasn't talking about. So therefore it was a change in subtopic. I'm used to people trying to change the topic to their advantage in other forums, so bear with me if you find it weird/annoying.

Also, I know that a change like you described could take place, I want it to take place soon, and really badly too. But the fact that the demand at this moment in time isn't there is hindering it's progress. Whether it be the oil companies or the general population itself. But it will happen though, it just takes time.

Old 12-09-2006, 07:46 AM   #18
o_broodingdude

This isn't happening fast enough.
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 07:58 AM   #19
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water_fuel_cell

It seems up in the air whether or not this ever actually existed as a functional high efficiency form of electrolysis. The guy being poisoned and dying doesn't make me very happy though.. Yeah..

Interesting stuff though. Fusion power has of late also turned to electrical resonance shit, it seems likely that Meyer was onto something.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2006, 08:00 AM   #20
o_tyrus

I think this water powered idea is wonderful. It may take a long time to catch on, but I believe that eventually it will happen (maybe not even in my life- time, but eventually) Facing the facts, oil is a limited resource and even though we might not actually witness a shortage in our life-times, it will eventually happen. Not to mention oil combustion is bad for our health. Eventually, an alternate fuel source will be needed and over time, its demand will grow higher than the demand for oil using products.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote