Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 02-02-2007, 05:23 AM   #1
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Empathy for others

Since you guys seem bent to piss on Silver Fox's thread I started another one. For those of you who do not have children of your own I am telling you that how you view others will change for the better after you have your own child. It will also change how you react to bad news about others. Unless, of course, you're a sociopath or psychopath to begin with.

Those of you who cannot see this position at all should perhaps look deeper inside yourself to find some answers.
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 05:34 AM   #2
o_theres *nothing* here

I got ran over by a car today.

My friend's mommy doesn't really know me, but I know that even if she did, she wouldn't be that sad. It didn't happen to her kid.
o_theres *nothing* here is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 05:45 AM   #3
o_zencheetah

I wasn't pissing on his thread. I honestly feel something, somewhere, a minute spark for that guy who died. He didn't have to die in that manner.

Now stop spouting your "wisdom" on other people, Just because you've had a child doesn't change anything. You'd feel for your child, of course. And you'd notice the people who interact with your child I'm sure.. Maybe if you extremely involved, what people do around the world will make you fear for your child's safety, or whatever. That simply doesn't change the fact that most people (excluding you) don't feel touched in any way about these things unless the person was in proximity to them.

I can't find why these events would change how I'm feeling on the outside, or at all on the inside.

But yeah, I wasn't pissing on Silvers thread... was just saying
o_zencheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 05:50 AM   #4
o_uber

If you can only learn to respect and care for the people who live within your vicinity, you live a sad life.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 06:07 AM   #5
o_theres *nothing* here

Arguments like this are like a one way street.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:01 AM   #6
o_theres *nothing* here

No one has the right ideas.

No one should have the right to pass judgement either.

But those with money and guns (who might need more money) seem able to do so.

Blah, I could argue that many Americans were killed on direct order too. Whatchoo gettin' at?

Better just leave it alone, and keep your thoughts to yourselves.

Old 02-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #7
o_darken_hellspawn

Empathy................

will always run short in the hearts of men who feel that their agenda or beliefs do not agree with the cause of the tragedy. Millions of soliders have given their lives for us in our time on earth and by trashing one and brush it off you bursh them all off. I am proud that men are fighting for us to keep us safe and anyone who feels otherwise should feel the cold metallic taste in their mouth after they are impaled with quarter inch copper tubing. I warn you to dont speak ill of the dead and to do not tarnish their memories since they were fighting for what they were commanded to do. Unpopular or not...............unjust or not...........they are there fighting the war they were sent to do.

If you feel that you need to piss on Silvers thread I implore you to come and see me and I will pass judgement on you. be for warned the the devils that roam the earth can be wiped off with ease once the people decide ti is time.

I would say that my outlook on life has never changed since I have had children and that I do not see it differently but I have gained compassion.

dh

Last edited by o_darken_hellspawn; 02-02-2007 at 12:07 PM.
o_darken_hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 11:52 AM   #8
o_gunslinger

HEY GUYZ I HAVE A SON AND DAUGHTER
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #9
o_zencheetah

Some of them go in there eager to murder. A lot of them go in there knowing they will be shipped out so they can shoot at people to see what it's like. A lot of them want to just use explosives and blow up trucks (I know a few)

Some of them really want to defend everything.

If I ever joined the army, it would be because I wanted to see what it was like to kill a large amount of people. But I really don't care how it would feel, so....

I only say "Good job" to the ones who wanted to defend and died trying.

"You were a casualty of war, and a fine example of man. May you be sent to whatever god you worshiped or enter the peaceful void of sleep. I'll remember your deeds and those who died around you, equally. Farewell good soldier"

Thats what I'd say to one at his grave.

To mourn the loss of one because of how close he was to you though? I'm afraid you don't understand. He may not even have been a GOOD soldier.

To the 101 psych guy.. Don't lecture me, you didn't gain any wisdom through having a child. All you gained was a better understanding of how said child is and reacts to those around him.
o_zencheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 02:38 PM   #10
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bl4h
From the way things were unfolding, im confident that years down the line IRAQ would have been a serious threat not only to the US but everyone else.
That's alright then! Thanks for clearing things up.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 02:57 PM   #11
o_rannibunny

yeah, THEY've got weapons of mass destruction!
o_rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 03:01 PM   #12
o_dancingfool

Goddamn, everyone's turning into pussies on this forum.
o_dancingfool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 03:39 PM   #13
o_yomamashouse

Dont worry Dancing fool, I will be an asshole right beside you.
o_yomamashouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #14
o_psycnet

I'm going to go out on a limb and pat myself on the back for not launching into long winded tirades that would be grossly ignored by everyone except the 5 or 6 people who read TLDR posts on this forum.

*pat pat*

Okay, now I feel better for not venting on the localised idiots.

On topic, empathy is essential for our survival as humans, but empathy and sadness are two different beasts.

I empathize with families who have lost loved ones to anything (war, disease, accidental death etc.), but I most certainly will not be sad about people dying in war, unless it's a war of conscription. People dying voluntarily do not get my pity, they made their own choice.
o_psycnet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 05:07 PM   #15
o_jeff the god of biscuits

I don't think threads looking for empathy should be made
o_jeff the god of biscuits is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 05:43 PM   #16
o_ihmhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darken_Hellspawn
am proud that men are fighting for us to keep us safe
How does blowing up insurgents tens of thousands miles away and inevitably attracting more insurgents to the area (thereby strengthening the power base of orginizations opposed to the United States) keep us safe? The only people who are safe are... well, actually, pretty much no one.
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 05:44 PM   #17
o_()))crayola))_>

No, we're pretty safe right here. Doesn't mean that the war over there is helping our safety along at all.
o_()))crayola))_> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 06:17 PM   #18
o_uber

You guys underestimate peace.
o_uber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 08:23 PM   #19
o_cruor

And fighting a war leads to peace how? Terror is not something that can be fought, kill one terrorist, 10 new ones take his place. By fighting terror you only fuel the fire. In this case that fire is a certain hatred from these people towards USA, since that's what sparked this whole War on Terror.

I'm still empathic even though I don't morn every soldier who dies in a quite pointless war, what did they die for? Peace? Their country? Profit?

In all honestly I'd say the latter which makes this whole affair all the more sad. I sympathize with the families who's lost their kin or close friends. Too know that ones close ones have given their life for what, oil revenues.

That if anything would make me pissed off.
o_cruor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2007, 09:14 PM   #20
o_soundchaser

Empathy on WoW.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw
o_soundchaser is offline   Reply With Quote