Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2006, 06:07 AM   #41
o_alligator

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
thanks for keeping retards away from me sensai
Hopefully the final decision is stated to us by the team as soon as possible (very curious to know what will be decided on and why!).
o_alligator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 11:01 AM   #42
o_player

Quote:
Originally Posted by LithiuM
Locking Customization isnt a bad idea , i'd rather have a cheat-free game than a katana for a crowbar. Seriously , there's nothing to argue on this issue , if *custom* models jeopardizes with the safety of the game , i'd rather just see everything locked.
Customisable or not, there will be cheaters no matter what...
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 12:30 PM   #43
o_bokko

To be fair, I'd prefer if FF was kept alive by continous patching by the dev team rather than a bunch of geekboys constantly ripping off material from other games, slapping some horrible texture on and calling it their own.

And I'd really like to see and end to the ridiculous tweaking. People are playing TFC with custom bright textures lacking any detail, supposedly because it 'looks better' or magically 'improves their fps' even though that's not even possible. Neon coloured grenades, semi opaque explosions, sounds made louder, the list goes on....
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 12:44 PM   #44
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
To be fair, I'd prefer if FF was kept alive by continous patching by the dev team rather than a bunch of geekboys constantly ripping off material from other games, slapping some horrible texture on and calling it their own.

And I'd really like to see and end to the ridiculous tweaking. People are playing TFC with custom bright textures lacking any detail, supposedly because it 'looks better' or magically 'improves their fps' even though that's not even possible. Neon coloured grenades, semi opaque explosions, sounds made louder, the list goes on....
Yea while most customizations are crap, every so often you get great ones.

Same can be said for maps, atleast 95% of the customs suck ass, but there are a few which really rock.
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 01:25 PM   #45
o_hazeh

Quote:

I agree with him.

Also, can you please hurry up?
o_hazeh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 01:33 PM   #46
o_commander

Also agree with Bokko
o_commander is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 01:58 PM   #47
o_zaskar

Quote:

If people like what their using better who the hell are you to shove your oppinion on them telling others whats better? :P

Old 07-09-2006, 02:40 PM   #48
o_balls

bokko wins the thread. Zaskar, he wansnt 'shoving' his opinion on anyone, nor telling anyone whats better. Just read his post again, you know it makes sense!

Last edited by o_balls; 07-09-2006 at 02:47 PM.
o_balls is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 03:33 PM   #49
o_sensai

Quote:

If continuous patching by devs are the only you want this game to keep living, then this mod is doomed. It takes both a dedicated dev team to fix bugs, balance gameplay, and add new features as well as the community actively making new models, maps, etc. that will keep this game fresh and lively.

Why does this tweaking bother you? Sure there are tons of craptastic modifications you can add in, but there are also a good number of really good things out there too. Crosshairs is one example. Also, the models used itself can actually improve your fps, just ask people on the dev team. And I've customized my TFC so that things will look better, because in my opinion, my new shotgun looks better than the default TFC one.

Overall, customization is a good thing. There are some shady things that can be done, but in the end it all does more good than harm. Diversity is needed, and customization is how you make it possible. Some people like playing Vanilla (insert name of game here), some don't - but those that like default shouldn't punish those who like to add their own flare to the game that they play.
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 04:24 PM   #50
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

True, but people shouldn't be forced to play against people exploiting the Source materials system, just for the sake of customizability.

If possible, I think a pure mode would be ideal. If not, I think the dev team can come up with a pretty good compromise.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 05:07 PM   #51
o_etzell

The only thing that MIGHT be locked are p_ models and class models, a few sprites (fire/explosions) and sounds. If you lose THOSE customizations, trust me, there's enough to make you happy. (HUDs, Crosshairs, v_ models...) It's not like they're banning every customization ever, just the ones that can be abused. I'm a former customizer myself, and my TFC is full of things I've done, albeit ugly, and I can say that I'd be able to live with the locks that the team is implementing.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #52
o_tu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensai
Just had to get the last word in on that huh tu! ? Show me proof he will in a PM, until then Alligator gets the benefit of the doubt.
are you stupid the guy has like 6/7 dif. steam id he is already banned under...

hax->get caught->new id->alias->repeat...not rocket science...
o_tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 10:41 PM   #53
o_mikequist

Just drop it. Please.
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #54
o_sensai

Quote:
Show me proof he will in a PM, until then Alligator gets the benefit of the doubt.
Do you not read what I typed? For Pete's sake, you quoted the damn words. I said show me proof in a PM. Once again you post useless, unrelated information in this thread. If you want to talk about this, do it in a PM but do not post your theories on someone's hacking.

Not stick to the topic or stop posting.

I'd be able to live with the locks Etzell mentions. I understand how necessary they are.

/I'm happy I get to quote myself for once!
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 10:45 PM   #55
o_zaskar

Its in the past, i mean who hasnt had fun causing a little bit of havoc in the past, espically when they were a little bit younger.

hell when im board i join glass maps and see how many stealth team glass kills i can get without beying cought. :P

Old 07-09-2006, 11:04 PM   #56
o_tu!

Quote:
Do you not read what I typed? For Pete's sake, you quoted the damn words. I said show me proof in a PM. Once again you post useless, unrelated information in this thread. If you want to talk about this, do it in a PM but do not post your theories on someone's hacking.

Not stick to the topic or stop posting.

I'd be able to live with the locks Etzell mentions. I understand how necessary they are.

/I'm happy I get to quote myself for once!
proof? you show me proof he won't hax lol.
o_tu! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-09-2006, 11:09 PM   #57
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Y'know what's more annoying than a hacker? The guy screaming OMG HACKER, OMG HACKER. HACKER OMG. GUYS BAN HIMMMMM HES HACKING.

Old 07-10-2006, 01:24 AM   #58
o_geokill----->

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
lol Yeah, you usually see those kids in CS getting piss off after they got their ass kick.

Well as long as there is some sort of customization I'll be happy.
o_geokill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2006, 03:25 AM   #59
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

You know what's even more annoying?

Yeah, everyone please shut it and get back to the topic.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-10-2006, 04:09 AM   #60
o_ihmhi

In TFC I like to customize a lil' of everything. For instance, my teleporter spr-

...nevermind.

But I love the black medkit! You know the one with the skull that says "HIV Spread the Love" and scrolls "h4x" in the window. I feel... dirty... not playing with that.

Being able to do stuff like that does not really change the game but it adds a personal touch... It is like you are making the game your own.
o_ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote