Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 05-06-2006, 11:00 AM   #41
o_diepepsi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
looks like quake 3... exactly like quake 3.

Which looks like quake 2.

Which doesnt look like quake1

Summary? Why bother.

However, it does have one VERY BIG addition to the game...

A hot Sexxy nurse!

FF should add a nurse... seriouly.

Maybe a female model for each class... That would definitly be something diffrent, but still the same.
o_diepepsi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 02:09 PM   #42
o_nezumi

I would really love to see a female version of each class. It'd be neat.

I normally don't like it when people shut down an idea because it'd cause a delay in the release of FF, but in this case I don't think it's reasonable to ask the devs to make an entire new set of models. (Especially since it seems like the first set of models/skins/animations is one of the major things they have left to finish.)
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 02:32 PM   #43
o_id_

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampthing
The rocket speed on the new video is perfect. That's what I'd like to see in FF.
i think the rocket speed is VERY similar to that of TFC to be honest... its easier to see the rocket speed toward the end of that video, the beginning of the video makes it difficult to see exactly how fast the rockets move.
o_id_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 04:38 PM   #44
o_swampthing

hmm, ya i was just watching the intro rocks mainly. When I watch the rockets at the end, they don't seem quite as fast.

They seem alot faster at the start, I guess I'd have to try it out to really get the feel of them.
o_swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 05:12 PM   #45
o_oinker

soo tu! what if q4f did better then FF and everyone played q4f instead? you know what nm theres no reasoning...

Anyway I personlly like the looks of everything in q4f altho i would really like to see the engine taken advantage of more, though I know they lack in the developer department.

Anyone know how big the q3f/etf community is now a days? or how big the q4f community is gunna be? I have a rough estimate over how big FF is gunna be buit have no idea about q4f.
o_oinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 07:26 PM   #46
o_jarek

my biggest gripe with what i see in the videos is that without a speed cap of a sort, it turns into all weapon propulsion to get your bhop going super fast, as opposed to learning how to quickly accelerate with movement alone (ie not even including ramps)

yes i am a tfc zealot.
o_jarek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #47
o_swampthing

at one time q3f was pretty big. I think alot of the q3f/etf community is watching, and I think alot of older qwtf crowd are watching this as well.

probaly not as many as the tfc crowd, but I'm sure it has it's fair share.
o_swampthing is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 07:47 PM   #48
o_stricknine

Quote:
Q3F/ETF weren't all that close to qwtf to be honest. Ask some old qwtf guys, it was similar, but not the same game.
Exactly. I also tried to get back into qwtf.. but what a nightmare. That fuhquake adds some completely horrible looking models, (like the rocket launcher) and I had never even heard of fuhquake when I still played qwtf. Its next to impossible to find a server you can join because you have to download so much custom content, and the servers (or qwtf code?) are not optimized for downloading fast.
o_stricknine is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 09:06 PM   #49
o_afx

Quote:
at one time q3f was pretty big. I think alot of the q3f/etf community is watching, and I think alot of older qwtf crowd are watching this as well.

All im really feeling from q4f is basically a rehashed q3f/etf, and with the move from q3 to et reducing the community quite a bit i really cant see this boosting it too much. The fact is for a tf mod to be truly successful it has to come off the back of a really successful full game, Im not really certain that q4 is that game.

ID really need to get off their arses and make a great quake game rather than letting someone else(raven software wasnt it?) make one that tbh was just another fps with no real redeeming features. When that happens maybe we'll see a great quake based tf mod.

I'll definitely consider giving q4f a go, but tbh i see ff having a much larger community(hl2 v q4 is no match) and with ff trying to take the best of all tf mods im sure its going to appeal to a larger audience.

I know this wasnt intended to be some q4f v FF thread, but the tf gametype isn't the most popular around, and unfortunately theres never been much of a crossover between the communities, it seems you pick one or the other.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 10:18 PM   #50
o_vampiricus

Quote:

/me raises hand
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-06-2006, 10:24 PM   #51
o_elvis2049

is q4f gonna have the same movementbillity as tfc?
or is it hopping in 1 strait line or else u reduce speed :/ and still bending realy slow...
o_elvis2049 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2006, 07:58 AM   #52
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
It doesn't look like they're doing HL air control. I don't think they started any bhops in the videos without a ramp or weapon.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:16 AM   #53
o_oinker

id is making QuakeWars and that game is gunna be BADDASS trust me...

Old 05-07-2006, 08:30 AM   #54
o_crosseh

-----------------------

I know thats very true certinaly from the ETF community.. i think our last set of leagues have just been played and if we get another it will be lucky.

All the time people are talking about Q4F and FF asking each other which they prefer and who will move onto what.. some Q4F some FF others maybe others will play both.

Some others who i used to play qwtf with back in the late 1990s are watching with interest as well again both mods so when the mods are finaly out i think they will have a fair share of mixed players from all the fortress backgrounds.
o_crosseh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #55
o_afx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinker
I was under the impression it was being made by the company formed by the q3f creators, Splashdamage?
Unquestionably it looks good though.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2006, 09:37 AM   #56
o_pizzahut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oinker
I think splash damage is developing it, not id. splash damage are the people behind Q3F and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory.

edit: Feck, Afx beat me to it.

Last edited by o_pizzahut; 05-07-2006 at 11:31 AM.
o_pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2006, 12:20 PM   #57
o_tyrus

Whether people want to accept it or not, q3f actually had a good dev team, in terms of skill. In terms of updating q3f however, they sucked. They got sidetracked by making Enemy Territory and the updates for q3f began to slow, slow, slow down until they eventually stopped all together. This arguably killed the q3f community. Q3F 2.0 had lots of problems and they just didn't tend to them fast enough. They let the community dwindle down before addressing these problems. They did however make it all the way to q3f 2.3, but it was too little too late.

If q3f had a dev team that was more dedicated, q3f probably would still be strong, and etf would never have been needed. (etf was created by people in the q3f community because of the lack of attention q3f was getting from its own dev team.)

DONT MAKE THIS MISTAKE FF!@!!@!@##$@!!%$%^

o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2006, 04:00 PM   #58
o_bokko

The same thing could be said about TFC, Valve ignored the mod for a long time and then randomly added teleporters.
Splash damage are indeed a talented bunch, but nerfing the conc effect in q3f seemed to be a really silly thing to do. I talked to some q3fers back then and they said that this killed off a lot of the community This also discouraged me from ever trying to pick it up.
Enemy Territory however is a really good game, and this Quake Wars shows great promise..
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-07-2006, 04:41 PM   #59
o_oinker

Ahh I have been looking at quakewars for a while now jsut didn't see who was making it so I assumed ID was thank you tho for clearing that up casue i wasn't 100% sure on who wasacutally making it.

I will definility be playing quakewars not that shitty bf2 reskin buggy port/mod they are selling to people who actually buy EA games BF2142, for 50+ bucks.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:11 PM   #60
o_mikequist

I can't tell the difference between those screenshots and ETF. Not at all what I would have expected with the screenshots of Quake 4. This mod dissapoints.
o_mikequist is offline   Reply With Quote