well i cant stop thanking the dev's for keeping it real
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2007, 04:32 PM   #202
rannibunny
You are a pirate!

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cownaetion
Get your facts straight. ETQW is not a fortress game, was never designed to be. If your going to say that then every MP-FPS that lets you play a different role is a fortress game, and shit it wouldn't even be called fortress with games prior to TF with alternate roles. Replace ETQW's with Q4F if you'd like since they did have an alpha release and never made it to public.
I'll call every game, that brings you the original TF2 gameplay (like Battlefield, Enemy Territory and... that's it) a TF2 game ^^
Sorry about the repeated thread though. If someone could move my thread into the #6 thread, that'd be great ^^
rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2007, 04:35 PM   #203
EngeeMan
Banned

^^
^^
^^
^^
EngeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2007, 11:25 PM   #204
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by rannibunny
I'll call every game, that brings you the original TF2 gameplay (like Battlefield, Enemy Territory and... that's it) a TF2 game ^^
Sorry about the repeated thread though. If someone could move my thread into the #6 thread, that'd be great ^^
I gave TF2 a try and was willing to think TF2 a fun game, because people have been so much in praise of its "different gameplay." I listened to the TF2 dev commentary, all of it, and even though some parts seemed like they were BSing an answer in order to justify removing certain aspects so that it can be played on the console, such as grenades, i let it go and tried to go into a state of "suspention of disbelief" as i was listening to the commentaries.

But 1 thing i don't get. WHY DID THEY REMOVE CROUCH-->JUMPING?!?! ARG!

Makes no sense.

"Are you crouching? too bad, you cant jump; just one more thing we took out because it makes for a better gameplay. And you better believe it. "
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 01:10 AM   #205
Caseman

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
I gave TF2 a try and was willing to think TF2 a fun game, because people have been so much in praise of its "different gameplay." I listened to the TF2 dev commentary, all of it, and even though some parts seemed like they were BSing an answer in order to justify removing certain aspects so that it can be played on the console, such as grenades, i let it go and tried to go into a state of "suspention of disbelief" as i was listening to the commentaries.

But 1 thing i don't get. WHY DID THEY REMOVE CROUCH-->JUMPING?!?! ARG!

Makes no sense.

"Are you crouching? too bad, you cant jump; just one more thing we took out because it makes for a better gameplay. And you better believe it. "
I think they removed crouch jumping because of bunny hopping?

Old 10-08-2007, 01:12 AM   #206
MrSparkle
UGC Fortress Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
I think they removed crouch jumping because of bunny hopping?
Has nothing to do with bhop. I wonder why they choose to remove this.
MrSparkle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 04:18 AM   #207
GhOsT

Umm...you can definitely still crouch jump. There's many places in all the maps where you can't make the jump by just jumping normally yet can still make it if you hold crouch after jumping.
GhOsT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 04:19 AM   #208
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Crouching while jumping is still in.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 05:16 AM   #209
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
i think he means jumping while crouching.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 03:18 PM   #210
EngeeMan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhOsT
Umm...you can definitely still crouch jump. There's many places in all the maps where you can't make the jump by just jumping normally yet can still make it if you hold crouch after jumping.
Seriously, that is just making something up to attempt to discredit TF2. "You can't crouch jump!" "You can't shoot and walk backwards at the same time!"

The platform at the back of Gravelpit's B cap point has to be crouchjumped onto to get on top of (the part with the health vial on it) unless you're a scout or you don't want to run up the ramp.
EngeeMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 04:14 PM   #211
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by EngeeMan
Seriously, that is just making something up to attempt to discredit TF2. "You can't crouch jump!" "You can't shoot and walk backwards at the same time!"

The platform at the back of Gravelpit's B cap point has to be crouchjumped onto to get on top of (the part with the health vial on it) unless you're a scout or you don't want to run up the ramp.
Go try it. Crouch. then jump. If you can, post a vid. If you can't, think about why you thought it was made up to discredit tf2.

edit: and come up with an explantion how not being able to jump while crouching improves gameplay.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 04:49 PM   #212
Sidd
Lua Team

It means you don't have to make one of the more awkward animations
Sidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-08-2007, 05:08 PM   #213
Aska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
Go try it. Crouch. then jump. If you can, post a vid. If you can't, think about why you thought it was made up to discredit tf2.

edit: and come up with an explantion how not being able to jump while crouching improves gameplay.
He's talking about crouching while jumping, you're talking about jumping while crouched. So this argument means nothing. Why would you ever need to jump while crouched though? I don't see how that would be useful, anywhere. Personally, FF and TF2 are both amazingly fun, in their own respects. I love them both.

Old 10-08-2007, 05:13 PM   #214
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidd
It means you don't have to make one of the more awkward animations
Yeah that totally justifies it, not. :P
Coronius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-09-2007, 11:31 AM   #215
jackdupp

Looking at the stats for this I can see it is unfortunately, totally overlooked right now. It's unfortunate because there's not a single server in my region of the WORLD.

TF2 looks decent enough but they've gone up a whole different alley and i'm not all that keen to fork out the money to try it when there's a perfectly good teamfortress mod right here..

How irritating.. all I can suggest is adding small gimmicky features like medals and minijunk like that to form some kind of edge over tf2. Bit hard if you're trying to stay true to the real TF series.