stuff
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=19921
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=19903
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=19272
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=18146
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=18351
http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...ad.php?t=14546
http://ff.sta-league.org/

We have tried over and over to keep leagues going. And ultimately it's just not worth the effort.

I support this 4v, and I hope to see it succeed, but I'm not holding my breath either.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:
Dr.Satan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2009, 03:14 PM   #62
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I'm with Raynian on this one. People act like complete tools when they get stuck with "lesser" players on their team. Too be quite honest, I think a lot of this communities "main players" could use a dose of reality. So I submit to you a thread posted a little more than a year ago that could really diversify the league scene in terms of skill and influx of players.

http://forums.fortress-forever.com/s...r+Draft+League
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2009, 05:16 PM   #63
WarPig
ThE O h G r

Class/Position: Engi/HW/Pyro - Defender
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Pigs of War/ [AE]
I still don't understand this.

As a leader it's easier to tell people if you guys wanna switch spots on O / D than to tell an entire other team of people who MAY be NEW you have to play something you are not comfortable in. If I was new and interested in league play I would assume before hand I need to get good at something first, but to only find out I have to do something I'm not comfortable in would only shy me away from the game and league play.

I'm not understanding how that situation where giving the a team the option of their own to switch or not within their own ranks for rounds is good? I don't see it worth my time to show up for 1 round because I can't stand playing Offy or Def. On top of that I know for a fact im not the only one in that situation as well, and I don't think it's a good situation for new players to be forced into learning two different positions. The normal response is then have them sit and let someone else do it, but you are now asking to increase player size again.

I think Ruta's linked post is a great idea, but still rather see 5v5.
Raynian Well said I do believe you pretty much said what I tried to say a while ago you just did it much better.
WarPig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #64
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarPig View Post

As a leader it's easier to tell people if you guys wanna switch spots on O / D than to tell an entire other team of people who MAY be NEW you have to play something you are not comfortable in. If I was new and interested in league play I would assume before hand I need to get good at something first, but to only find out I have to do something I'm not comfortable in would only shy me away from the game and league play.

I'm not understanding how that situation where giving the a team the option of their own to switch or not within their own ranks for rounds is good? I don't see it worth my time to show up for 1 round because I can't stand playing Offy or Def. On top of that I know for a fact im not the only one in that situation as well, and I don't think it's a good situation for new players to be forced into learning two different positions. The normal response is then have them sit and let someone else do it, but you are now asking to increase player size again.

I think Ruta's linked post is a great idea, but still rather see 5v5.
Raynian Well said I do believe you pretty much said what I tried to say a while ago you just did it much better.
Look man, everyone at this point understands your side. You suck at O and are afraid to learn it, that's why you're preaching for 5v5. But everyone here has already went through 3 seasons of it, and almost every competitive player hates the game play. It's absolutely boring. I can absolutely guarantee you without a doubt that you will not get anyone to sign up for a 5v5 league. There is soo little action in it even compared to a 3v3 game nobody desires to play it.

If you don't believe us, go ahead and try and start one, and see how many people sign up for it. Like we've said we did 3 seasons of it, and it's booooorring.

Or forget starting a league, just go into the pickup channel and beg an admin to set the player pool to 10 just to run a 5v5 pickup, and wait and see how long it takes for another admin to !end that pickup and start a pool of 8, cause everyone sitting there wants to play a pickup but nobody will join a !players 10 match.

It's not like the couple people posting on this thread have waved their godly hands and said "I've decided everyone hates 5v5, and therefor 5v5 won't work, because I said so." The competitive community on a whole pretty much has decided 5v5 sucks, and just because you come to the table with a clan of 10 players just waiting to join a 5v5 league will not spark enough interest for the rest of the competitive community to join a league with that setup.

If there were two leagues, a 5v5 league, and a 4v4 league, the 5v5 had 20 teams, and the 4v4 had only 10. I would still play the 4v4 league and wouldn't even think about joining the 5v5.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-10-2009, 07:03 PM   #65
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:

As a leader it's easier to tell people if you guys wanna switch spots on O / D than to tell an entire other team of people who MAY be NEW you have to play something you are not comfortable in.
It sure is.

It's also harder to get 8 people together to do something than it is 4 people.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2009, 03:31 AM   #66
WarPig
ThE O h G r

Class/Position: Engi/HW/Pyro - Defender
Affiliations: Pigs of War/ [AE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock View Post
Look man, everyone at this point understands your side. You suck at O and are afraid to learn it, that's why you're preaching for 5v5. But everyone here has already went through 3 seasons of it, and almost every competitive player hates the game play. It's absolutely boring. I can absolutely guarantee you without a doubt that you will not get anyone to sign up for a 5v5 league. There is soo little action in it even compared to a 3v3 game nobody desires to play it.

If you don't believe us, go ahead and try and start one, and see how many people sign up for it. Like we've said we did 3 seasons of it, and it's booooorring.

Or forget starting a league, just go into the pickup channel and beg an admin to set the player pool to 10 just to run a 5v5 pickup, and wait and see how long it takes for another admin to !end that pickup and start a pool of 8, cause everyone sitting there wants to play a pickup but nobody will join a !players 10 match.

It's not like the couple people posting on this thread have waved their godly hands and said "I've decided everyone hates 5v5, and therefor 5v5 won't work, because I said so." The competitive community on a whole pretty much has decided 5v5 sucks, and just because you come to the table with a clan of 10 players just waiting to join a 5v5 league will not spark enough interest for the rest of the competitive community to join a league with that setup.

If there were two leagues, a 5v5 league, and a 4v4 league, the 5v5 had 20 teams, and the 4v4 had only 10. I would still play the 4v4 league and wouldn't even think about joining the 5v5.

OK OK I get it now because I suck at O thats the only reason I wish to compete if a larger size match.

No first of all I didn't fucking flame you or anyone so back off me that wasn't needed. I ENJOY LARGE MATCH UPS, god forbid I voice my opinion or try to make it more clear to someone what I meant or what I wish to achieve.

3 fucking seasons or not , do you give up after 3 losses or do you keep trying ?

I see no reason in starting a league myself when the option was there on what the league was looking to do, correct me if I am wrong but thats what this was over to begin with. I voiced my opinion and we had a discussion/debate over what will work what won't.

I'm sorry I wasn't involved in FF in the time some of you spent in a league trying to make it work, I'm sorry im not as awesome as you are at the game. But I did my time in Fortress gaming, and I know a lot. Along with being a admin when UGC formed up, I have helped and been around the block. I will continue to help, and I am trying best I can now. Cutting me down because you don't like my view or opinion was childish.

Last edited by WarPig; 08-11-2009 at 03:34 AM.
WarPig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #67
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Quote:
OK OK I get it now because I suck at O thats the only reason I wish to compete if a larger size match.

No first of all I didn't fucking flame you or anyone so back off me that wasn't needed. I ENJOY LARGE MATCH UPS, god forbid I voice my opinion or try to make it more clear to someone what I meant or what I wish to achieve.

3 fucking seasons or not , do you give up after 3 losses or do you keep trying ?

I see no reason in starting a league myself when the option was there on what the league was looking to do, correct me if I am wrong but thats what this was over to begin with. I voiced my opinion and we had a discussion/debate over what will work what won't.

I'm sorry I wasn't involved in FF in the time some of you spent in a league trying to make it work, I'm sorry im not as awesome as you are at the game. But I did my time in Fortress gaming, and I know a lot. Along with being a admin when UGC formed up, I have helped and been around the block. I will continue to help, and I am trying best I can now. Cutting me down because you don't like my view or opinion was childish.
It's got nothing to do with your view or opinion if you said it once, but repeatedly saying it after everyone has already told you it's not going to work is getting annoying, you can say it 50 different ways if you want, it's not going to make a difference.

This thread was about a 4v4 league, preaching about 5v5 doesn't belong here.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 06:17 AM   #68
~Yoda~
Devil Dog
D&A Member

Class/Position: scout/solly/demo/medic
Gametype: clanstyle
Affiliations: Enternal order
Send a message via Yahoo to ~Yoda~
We need leagues so bad... #ff.pickup is getting some crazy traffic. Theirs been two pickups going on at the same time. We got people trying to start clans in, some of them have a solid roster already just waiting on leagues to start back up. I'm sure we could have like 7-10 clans atm, between all the people who play pickups and all the people in public's that clan.
~Yoda~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2009, 02:46 PM   #69
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yoda~ View Post
We need leagues so bad... #ff.pickup is getting some crazy traffic. Theirs been two pickups going on at the same time. We got people trying to start clans in, some of them have a solid roster already just waiting on leagues to start back up. I'm sure we could have like 7-10 clans atm, between all the people who play pickups and all the people in public's that clan.
if that is really true then why hasn't that been conveyed? I mean I can easily work to get UGC involved again or implement ruda's idea (which I really like), but to be blunt, I'm not gonna waste time I could be mapping or working on FF to start / run a league if it's just gonna fall apart. IF there are clans and players then I will tho.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 08-13-2009, 01:38 AM   #70
~Yoda~
Devil Dog
D&A Member

Class/Position: scout/solly/demo/medic
Gametype: clanstyle
Affiliations: Enternal order
Send a message via Yahoo to ~Yoda~
Yea Satan you really should man, Ive talked to a lot of my friends, that don't quit fortress-forever, and they said they would come back if we had some leagues. Like eo, and ae, and talos wants to, or so Ive been told. I'm sure if there were leagues we'd keep/get more players too. Maps, and the progress of fortress-fortress is important, but the only thing that holds like half our community is pickups. Really... go look in #ff.pickup if you don't believe me, i just looked, and their 54 people idling right now.
~Yoda~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2009, 02:51 AM   #71
Stiffy

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Yeah there has been a TON of pickups lately. From about 7pm until about 3am we usually have NON STOP pickups one after another after another, and even a few days out of the week we've had 2 pickups going at once for like 2 or 3 pickups in a row. I've gotten some old TFCers to start to play the game and they love it so far! Theres already 2 clans that have full rosters(Xo and 2sm) and I'm sure TALOS has enough guys for a roster and IF PoW decided to play a 4v4 league(Which I totally think they should they even have some of their members do pickups with us nightly) then there's 4 clans right there alone, not to mention all the other people in #ff.pickup that are clanless(a damn good amount) and clans that would probably come back if leagues started(eo & AE). So if Xo, 2sm, TALOS, eo, AE, and PoW(dunno if they really would cause their leader doesn't like 4v) came back thats 5 or 6 clans right off the start not to mention all the others that would form afterwards. Hope somehow this starts sometime soon because right now I'm pretty positive more than ever we have the players for it.
Stiffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2009, 03:06 AM   #72
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Talos would league? Also I haven't heard anything from zip that AE would come back... they need more active people.

I know for sure the fellas would come back and Rodox form a clan too dunno their tag though...

e0 would come back... People I know would play for sure would be Sticky, 50bmg, me, credge, frogger, and maybes would be Effex, clowneh (if he fixes his pc), bostwix, not rodox , I wish buckshot, ostrich, and maybe yoda if hes not doing his own thing.

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2009, 03:51 AM   #73
Stiffy

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Yoda(Korey) Is in Xo

And I was just sayin AE cause Korey said it in his post above mine!

Last edited by Stiffy; 08-13-2009 at 03:52 AM.
Stiffy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2009, 06:27 AM   #74
Dr.Satan
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med / Solly
Gametype: PAYLOAD
Affiliations: DET-
Posts Rated Helpful 19 Times
well I will need to do some research and shit and see, but I mean if it's worth it I'm all for getting the league back up. Or some league up...idk we'll see.
(Models) props_trainyard
Support FF:

Old 08-16-2009, 03:15 AM   #75
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

right now I just don't have the time to be trying to recruit and sign up a team. I just have way to much stuff going on in real life.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:01 AM   #76
Sabbath

Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
I
Sabbath is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #77
traxamillion

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I
traxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2009, 01:21 PM   #78
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier D
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
I
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-02-2009, 11:06 PM   #79
VinnytheBoss
Boss 4 all da rite reasons

Class/Position: O scout/med D sol/demo
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Founder of the Goodfellas.
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
I
VinnytheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2009, 07:09 AM   #80
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
How dare you leave me out Geo. I'll stabb you in the face with a spoon the next time you forget to mention me! *crys*.. j/k

Um, I liked it when it was a 5v5 originally. I dont understand the concept of 4v4. Having the ability to switch at times between a 2-o to a 3-o kept it interesting.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote