barronofhellion

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
didn't they also make tfc ? for hl

Old 09-19-2007, 08:42 PM   #243
GhOsT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueA
Valve made TFC. They didn't make Quake Team Fortress, the original Fortress game.
Go look up who Robin Walker and John Cook are and take notice of where they work.

Old 09-19-2007, 10:10 PM   #244
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
<3.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:24 AM   #245
newget

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF|Skyrider
I think I'll just stick with FF with the main reason because FF is way more closer to TFC than TF2. I wonder why the heck they even called it "Team Fortress" if it has such a distance of the original game. And newget, perhaps it is Team Fortress, but they used the name of the original Team Fortress Classic. So you'd at least expect something simular of TFC in TF2, but you don't.

Not similar? are all the classes in TF2 not in TFC. Just because exploits that made what tfc "was" were fixed doesnt mean that TF2 doesnt deserve the TF title, after all it is a "TEAM" based game(team fortress, get it?). Now teams actually have to work together to acomplish something. Its silly to see so many disapointment threads, when it was already know that TF2 was going to be alot different. oh well

Old 09-20-2007, 02:35 AM   #246
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by newget
Not similar? are all the classes in TF2 not in TFC. Just because exploits that made what tfc "was" were fixed doesnt mean that TF2 doesnt deserve the TF title, after all it is a "TEAM" based game(team fortress, get it?). Now teams actually have to work together to acomplish something. Its silly to see so many disapointment threads, when it was already know that TF2 was going to be alot different. oh well
I'm so tired of that retarded analogy. Just because there are "teams and fortresses" doesn't make TF2, TF, without grenades and infection.

VanHagar is not the same as VanHalen even if they sing many of the same songs and kept the name.

TF2 is not TF just because they use the classes and kept the name.

Hope that helps...but I doubt it.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:35 AM   #247
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Look, i dont' know when the term team fortress went from a quasi-organized dm of two team toward one common goal, to a "tactical situation FPS game," but team fotress is not CS.

I repeat, team fortress is NOT CS.

Nor, dod, nor bf2, nor <insert tactical game here>.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:41 AM   #248
Jredge

TBH, I hated the game. I won't state any specific reasons because I don't want to argue, but the balance is way off right now. Might try it again after the beta is over, if they manage to turn it away from the fast-paced-Day-of-Defeat theme.

Looks sweet, doesn't play in a similar fashion.

Old 09-20-2007, 02:49 AM   #249
Caseman

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
I'm so tired of that retarded analogy. Just because there are "teams and fortresses" doesn't make TF2, TF, without grenades and infection.

VanHagar is not the same as VanHalen even if they sing many of the same songs and kept the name.

TF2 is not TF just because they use the classes and kept the name.

Hope that helps...but I doubt it.
Excellent point. I enjoy playing Grenades & Infection Classic. Good thing they named it to Team Fortress 2 though. If they named it Grenades & Infection 2, I would have been pissed because that's what the whole game is about! WHY DIDN'T THEY INCLUDE TEH SPAM!!?

Old 09-20-2007, 02:57 AM   #250
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caseman
WHY DIDN'T THEY INCLUDE TEH SPAM!!?
Clearly, you needed to practice more or you played on different servers than I did, spam was never that big of an issue for me.

If they took the shark out of the next "Jaws" movie it wouldn't be Jaws anymore, either.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:38 AM   #251
EvilIguana966

I never expected TF2 to be exactly like TFC. I always expected TF2 to be a relaxed realism near future team based military shooter with tons of innovative features. I liked the original vision for TF2, I still like that original vision. I have always believed that even though a number of games have since come out that fulfill parts of that vision, there was plenty of room in the market for that TF2.

Valve apparently disagreed. Rather than making the quintessential team based military shooter that set the standard for everyone else, they decided to take a lower risk approach. They decided to remake TF/TFC only with a different graphical style and a general simplification of the game rules. I haven't played it. It could be just fine, as I don't mind slightly slower pacing in a game. But I'm majorly turned off by the new graphical style and disappointed by the death of a game I looked forward to.

I'm not interested in TF2. FF is delivering classic TF gameplay in a graphical style I enjoy. Other people are free to enjoy TF2 as they please, but I won't be playing it any time soon.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:42 AM   #252
hf_

If you've played TF2, then you know it does a better job than TF, TFC, and FF in stressing the team aspect of the game. Plus it's a lot of fun.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:47 AM   #253
allisvoid
what is tfc?

this whole argument is null.............................................. ...

Old 09-20-2007, 03:48 AM   #254
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

I think we should all put aside our differences and play PEGGLE EXTREME! The REAL reason Valve deployed the Orange Box!

Old 09-20-2007, 03:50 AM   #255
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by hf_
If you've played TF2, then you know it does a better job than TF, TFC, and FF in stressing the team aspect of the game. Plus it's a lot of fun.
I have played, and I run a TF2 server, and I disagree. Removing grenades and infection does NOT mean more team play, it means no grenades or infection. Fun is a different issue, we're disapointed that they removed many features that are much of what makes it TF. TF2 != TF. TF2 < TF.

Old 09-20-2007, 06:03 AM   #256
tu!

i want a game where 1 single ninja sol/med can obliterate a whole d/o if they are just that damn good.

"tf2 is just tf preschool" - forgot who said it.

Old 09-20-2007, 07:52 AM   #257
Business
Superbot

someone will figure out how to hack the respawn timer. I also like the new 2fort.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:07 AM   #258
Business
Superbot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabeggar
I think we should all put aside our differences and play PEGGLE EXTREME! The REAL reason Valve deployed the Orange Box!
That game made me want to get stoned again!

Old 09-20-2007, 09:53 AM   #259
summit

Quote:
Originally Posted by tu!
i want a game where 1 single ninja sol/med can obliterate a whole d/o if they are just that damn good.

"tf2 is just tf preschool" - forgot who said it.
lol I love comments like this that come with absolutely no justification.

As rabid fanboy's would say "BUT TEH GRFX IS TEH CARTEWN" - or is it the differing gameplay that makes you so bitter.

If I was an FF dev, the most annoying thing to me wouldn't be anything pertaining directly to TF2 - it would be FF fanboys pushing away potential gamers wanting to try it out.

Honestly, what does a comment like that supposed to incite? Support for your cause? Am I the only one noticing the insane amounts of irony in someone immaturely attesting TF2 will appeal to a younger audience?

TF-preschool I imagine is a jab at its gameplay; I'm not going to bother arguing. Like others have said, such arguments are really only being brought up here in large quantities, and I'm guessing that's because of what you guys are used to.

I can accept you don't like it; just don't try to throw blanket statements about what it is, or who it apparently is supposed to appeal to simply because it's different.

Old 09-20-2007, 10:20 AM   #260
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit
I can accept you don't like it; just don't try to throw blanket statements about what it is, or who it apparently is supposed to appeal to simply because it's different.
Do you mind if we throw blanket "opinions" around? That all they are.

Closed Thread