Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 03-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #41
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
I have an outstanding idea for everyone here. We could let the dev's worry about the patch, and just enjoy what we have so far. Any actual concerns for the game could probably be privately messaged. That would make sense I would think.

People who spend a lot of their time in the forums tend to get caught off topic and attempt to win at being right all the time. Honestly, if your ego's are that big enough not to realize what you're doing is pathetic, then I advise you go back and have a look at all the arguments that have been made. None of them are to the point of any topic ever made in this forum. Not even my reply is.

I use to be here a lot, and bring up arguments myself; but I kind of realized how pointless it became. My only word of advice is to just enjoy what we have. Let the mapper's keep making maps, and let the Dev's keep making their changes at the pace of their liking. It's a mod. Not their life. We can't really demand anything, nor have them answer all our questions because they don't know themselves as of yet. And I believe that to be the best approach.

Er, one more thing. Whoever keep importing ridiculous maps, please stop it. It's wasting space on my hard drive.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by eomoyaff; 03-03-2011 at 10:35 PM.
eomoyaff is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #42
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eomoyaff View Post
I have an outstanding idea for everyone here. We could let the dev's worry about the patch, and just enjoy what we have so far.
blah blah blah, more brown-nosing defeatist 'settle for what you have' Marxist-esque arguments, blah blah blah
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2011, 01:09 AM   #43
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
So, instead of posting our opinions, or ranting them out, we should instead just pm random people with our thoughts? Then how can said ideas grow into something greater? Something that is good for a majority and benefits the game, rather than balancing it on bias, and on what a select group of people think? Hmmm, this scenario sounds quite familiar, and if im not mistaken, its why the balance is in disarray.
Remember someone named chilledsanity? Someone who posted time and time again invaluable information as to a good direction for balance of the sentry gun? Where has he gone, or better yet, why?
Its because nobody fucking listened. He got fed up and said fuck it.
How bout we do a little thing called compromise;
Lets enjoy the game we have in front of us, and strive to make it better, because we enjoy it, and want to see it succeed.
That means listening to what people propose, no matter how preposterous, and finding a middle ground or a reason why said idea should be shot down.
Im not going to leak beta changes for sake of argument, but i will say that some of the directions that certain classes have taken in no way address the current issues and in fact makes new ones arise.
The devs do a good job, but this mod is in a fragile state, and its frustrating as fuck for those of us who consider it an amazing game thus far.
We want to see it get better, and get that final polish that ultimately will show how great this mod would be with more than 1 full server at a time.

Also welcome back bridget.
How was Jamaica?

Last edited by reaper18; 03-04-2011 at 01:10 AM.
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 AM   #44
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Bridget, I'm going to take your post, and go to PMs with it. It doesn't belong in this thread. You've been told time and time again to state your views, but don't attack people. Keep attacking people, and you'll be flaming people on another forum.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2011, 04:52 AM   #45
spambot2.1

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
whats with the crazy amounts of moderation on this forum? who cares if someone is off topic. sometimes this forum goes a whole week without a single new post...
spambot2.1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #46
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester

Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spambot2.1 View Post
whats with the crazy amounts of moderation on this forum? who cares if someone is off topic. sometimes this forum goes a whole week without a single new post...
Quality over quantity.
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #47
Bridget
Banned

My posts are of the highest quality.

Old 03-04-2011, 10:59 AM   #48
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by spambot2.1 View Post
Are you using the "New Posts" button at the top? I haven't seen a full week with no posts on the forums for quite a while.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 03-04-2011, 02:16 PM   #49
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Send a message via AIM to Lynus
GT : what exactly has bridget done for the game besides belittle everybody on the dev team and in these forums? Oh he can copy/paste lua stuff too I forgot that...
Wait he had an idea of a payload gametype!

What ever happened to his payload idea? When is your payload map coming out Bridget?? What the fuck is the holdup Bridget???

WE WANT ANSWERS!

And to skeed and anyone else who thinks the FF dev team owes them something. They dont. If you can't help, then dont bitch. Its an independent game. The luxury for the devs of not making profit here is simply that they can take however fucking long they want.... They've asked for people to submit an application on the jobs section, yet people like Bridget and other people who 'know whats best for the game'(and also know everything else about any topic) do not attempt to help. Only fiddlefuck around on these forums and cause drama.

over

Last edited by Iggy; 03-04-2011 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Edited instead of infracting... sent him a PM about it.
Lynus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2011, 04:29 PM   #50
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
Only fiddlefuck around on these forums and cause drama.

over
[sigh]Then what exactly is it you are doing right here?
I know its hard for people to comprehend posts when they cant see past their own forehead, but please chef, try.
Maybe read it two or three times?

Last edited by Iggy; 03-04-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Edited the quote only to reflect the edited post.

Old 03-05-2011, 12:52 AM   #51
Bridget
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
GT : what exactly has bridget done for the game besides belittle everybody on the dev team and in these forums? Oh he can copy/paste lua stuff too I forgot that...
Wait he had an idea of a payload gametype!

Copy and paste LUA? Good one, Lynus. You know, if you were forced to actually prove you knew what you were talking about before you could make a post here, you would never get around to hitting the Submit button. Let's see, what have I done for Fortress Forever or offered to do for Fortress Forever?
  • I offered to write for the development team, but was turned down because one of the developers was afraid I couldn't be objective. Progress around here is also virtually non-existent, so it isn't like I would have any work in-front of me.
  • I offered to write for the Wiki, but after pointing it out to Squeek that the Wiki was broken, and no one could edit it as a result, nothing was done to fix it. This is the kind of shit I am talking about, where blatant problems do not get resolved, even if it's for the good of the modification.
  • For some time, I messed around with making my own Sourcemods. The extent of my experimentation was making regenerating health and a railgun. However, that didn't go far, as I was struggling to understand some low-level language concepts (pointers, ask Dexter about my adventures trying to manipulate empty ones) and really didn't understand how to make things work in the Source Engine itself, even if I could potentially write code.
  • I don't copy and paste LUA code in the way you suggest either. If something basic has already been done, then I will use it (As any rational programmer would! Stop reinventing the fucking wheel.), but in all other regards, I write everything myself. Quite a few people in the community can vouch for this, both that I know how to write Lua code independently, and that I am willing to help people in the community with their Lua problems. Hell, zE has bought me two or three games for helping him with Lua.
  • I refined most of my mapping skills, even if they were never put to any creative use, by mapping in my spare time for Fortress Forever. I then helped quite a few people in the community with Hammer related problems, even amassing advice to help some people begin from scratch.
  • I have offered overwhelming criticisms, praises, and suggestions for this modification. I have written so many walls-of-text that if you were to compile them all into a single unit, the bible would look like a brochure. I have offered this advice on here, in private, and in person. Regardless of whether you agree with it, feedback is feedback.
  • I'm not going to lie. I have brought activity to these forums in times when it was pretty much dead. I have contributed to a great number of quality threads with quality discussion. Call me an egomaniac for pointing this out, but it's the fucking truth.
  • I have started multiple community efforts to bring public players to the competitive side of Fortress Forever. Totsekiller and I started the Talos Beginner Community for this purpose. For some time, it actually worked too! We had regular public players playing semi-competitive pickups. Some of them would private-message me while I was out of game just to request I start up a game. This worked, to my surprise, for quite some time until the same shit happens that always kills this game's potential: The beginners ran into the pickup players, either by trying to play pickups with them or because our private server password got tossed around more than the collection pot at a mega-church.
  • To add to the above, I have done my best to make beginner integration easier for people. I have taken hours of my time out of my day trying to help people learn how to grenade-jump, bunny-hop, and so on. I have made text-tutorials. I have made video-tutorials. I have offered time and time again my reserve of knowledge.

In short, I've probably done more than you. What have you done? Ever since getting into the beta (As if that's some achievement, I was pretty much demanded to join the beta team.) all you have done is mindlessly cling to the development team, and like a true devotee, lash out at anyone who doesn't agree with them.

I have been fed up with the inactivity of the development of this game. It's because I loved this game for some time. In 2008, I built my first gaming computer, and all I could think about was playing all of those cool commercial games (Call of Duty, mostly, lol) that I had spent years wanting to play. Instead of doing that, I actually spent all my time playing Fortress Forever. I found more entertainment value out of a tiny little Source mod, and the bulk of my friends were made in it too.

I had a delusional sense of optimism for the game. I thought the development team was some efficient powerhouse fixing things left and right and making additions left and right. I thought the game was in its infancy, and that it was working up to a plateau of success. I was eager to contribute, to be a part of it all, but once I became a beta tester and learned that things were actually moving very slowly, and that Fortress Forever was seemingly on its death-bed, I became depressed, and then angry. I wanted to blame someone. Instead of being honest, and admitting that too many variables contributed to the death of FF, which was too much to think about, I lashed out entirely at the development team, the community, and made up little conspiracies in my head. The reason? People want to feel like they know why a phenomenon happens, and some people are so desperate for an answer, that they will make one up, no matter how bat-shit insane.

Now, that isn't to say the development team and this community didn't have anything to do with this game's death. Oh no, far fucking from it. I will remain adamant in my opinion that they are huge contributing factors, but perhaps I need to tone it down with the uber-abrasiveness, and realize the past is the past, and that you can't tame a dead horse.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:23 AM   #52
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Not gunna lie, but I approve of that message
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2011, 02:10 AM   #53
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoNL View Post
Not gunna lie, but I approve of that message
+1

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 03-05-2011, 01:55 PM   #54
toaster^

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
this thread should be renamed to "Bridget's Rage Against The FF Dev Team" as well as the support community

If am to make sense of Bridget and his idealism. I would have to be a delusional noobletismistic infomaniac.

Last edited by toaster^; 03-05-2011 at 02:00 PM.
toaster^ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2011, 02:20 PM   #55
WiFiDi
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag is there any other
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridget View Post
My posts are of the highest quality.
i sense sarcasm

jk
It's a happy massacre?! (yes, yes it is!)
To make most awesome thing in universe combine Bears and Nicholas Cage!
and remember kids, we didn't start the flame-war!
WiFiDi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2011, 04:49 PM   #56
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
All you assholes know I'm not a Bridget fan. But that post was the best post of his I have ever read and it was done constructively. So why don't you guys use a little constructive criticism your self.

I probably should also but I'm not going to so all you all can suck it.

Old 03-05-2011, 05:22 PM   #57
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
t'was a good post indeed lol
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)
Elmo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #58
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
If wasn´t bridget posting new threads this forum would been dead. But Iggy likes to lock his threads but himself posts flaming posts about raum and shit, so meh whatever, I do enjoy FF but my faith on the future of FF its on his lowest, if wasn´t for some pickups i think i would have retired too.
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2011, 11:09 PM   #59
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Wait? What?

If you do a search for threads started by Bridget, you'll end up with this. If you look down the first page, there was 1 thread I locked... and if you read it, you'll see that it had had run it's course, and degenerated into a "umad" contest.

Go to the second page, and you'll find 1 thread that was locked by Dr. Satan, at Bridgets request.

In fact, of the 123 threads Bridget has started, those are the only two that have been locked.

Something else you might want to think about... I'm not the only forum admin that locks threads, hands out infractions, and/or bans people. Go ahead and single me out, though.... all the "cool" kids are doing it.

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter

Old 03-06-2011, 12:58 AM   #60
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
Wait? What?

If you do a search for threads started by Bridget, you'll end up with this. If you look down the first page, there was 1 thread I locked... and if you read it, you'll see that it had had run it's course, and degenerated into a "umad" contest.

Go to the second page, and you'll find 1 thread that was locked by Dr. Satan, at Bridgets request.

In fact, of the 123 threads Bridget has started, those are the only two that have been locked.

Something else you might want to think about... I'm not the only forum admin that locks threads, hands out infractions, and/or bans people. Go ahead and single me out, though.... all the "cool" kids are doing it.
Its all your fault iggy

Tags
miseswasthegodfather, nutswinghardermoosh, otsux, rothbardwasagenius, threadlockbridgetgay, usasucksdick