Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 07-18-2005, 04:40 PM   #1
o_pizzahut

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
UNFE and WF2 news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason @ [url
www.unrealfortressevo.com]Invisibilty[/url], HUD and menus are being worked on, and some debugging before the final release and tester recruitement is in the process now, the dispenser and the Sentry are working ingame and are upgradable.

Most of the beta one maps are in beta stage (ready for final debug).

There isnt much news because there isnt much left to do, so in this case no news is good news.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whammy @ [url
www.roboticgladiator.com/hl2]I[/url] finally figured how to get around the quirks in the smd exporter used to convert models from the XSI format into a format that HL2 uses in the game. This means that the XM8 rifle model is now installed into WF2 and is working fine. Time permitting, I'm going to install the sniper rifle and the railgun this weekend.

I have a rather long list of things to do with the code (about 30 items). There are still some quirks left over from when I moved the WF2 code over to the newer SDK. Most are minor (like being able to push the healthkits around). I also want to get the sentry gun started. I think I have an idea what it should look like. I just need to get it coded and modeled. The coding should go quickly. Sentry guns are not that complicated. The modeling might be another story.

Finally, the player models are the next major obstacle to getting the beta out. I have no idea how to resolve that problem. The existing Valve models have to be rebuilt since they don't currently support colored skins. The marine model I have been using was modified for use with WF2. But it doesn't have all the animations needed. The SDK player models do have the animations, but no colored skins. Sigh. I need to figure out how to combine the two.
o_pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-24-2005, 08:39 PM   #2
o_pizzahut

I've added my signature.
o_pizzahut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2005, 06:26 AM   #3
o_anshinritsumai

I've given up on UNFE. They had some nice progress going for awhile like the FF team, then they just slowed down to the equivalent of a salted snail going backwards through molasus. The mod nearly died.

And when the demo came out, which being a demo, most things get improved; but when they said that the animations in the demo are FINAL and will not be changed, that sucked. The reloading animations and the hud both sucked severely. I asked numerous times to take more time and put more effort into it, I know they went through alot in their real lives but if they are taking this time out of those lives to make a mod, make it worthwhile. There are many more things that did make me mad about UNFE. They kept the dodging in from UT2004, they kept the friction the same of UT2004 so you still slide around abit when you hit the ground, animations suck, models are alright but could be better.

/rant about UNFE.
o_anshinritsumai is offline   Reply With Quote