Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Ron Paul Was Right

Food for thought. This guy knows his shit.

Vote Ron Paul 2012!
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2012, 05:32 PM   #2
CatzEyes93
Black Mesa Voice Actor

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
too libertarian for me
CatzEyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Class/Position: D - Engy/Demo
Gametype: CTF/AvD
Affiliations: rQ
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Send a message via AIM to Atreuce Send a message via Yahoo to Atreuce Send a message via Skype™ to Atreuce
Shouldn't this be in the D&A section?

and to troll... OBAMA 2012!
Atreuce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #4
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

There's no debate going on. I was just posting factual evidence that Ron Paul predicted the majority of the problems we are facing today in our economy and they are largely caused because of corporatism intertwined with government.

The US debt has risen by $5 trillion since Obama has been in office. He's basically lied to the people. We've been sold out. The dollar is now worth next to nothing and with people buying up gold like crazy, it's clear our economy is in shambles and out of every other candidate running, only Ron Paul has an actual concrete plan to fix it. Obviously he is kind of cooky, being what 79 years old and all, but he's still competent, unlike Obama.

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 01-07-2012 at 07:59 PM.

Old 01-08-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Send a message via AIM to Atreuce Send a message via Yahoo to Atreuce Send a message via Skype™ to Atreuce
Now it's a debate. :P

Old 01-08-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
He kind of just said we would continue to do what we had been doing for years.

I can predict the future too.... in 4 years, our next presidential election will be based around foreign investments in flawed governments to try and protect our national interests in a volatile region, the sluggish recovery of our economy, and rampant overspending of an ineffectual Congress.

And the president will be to blame for it all... even though he really has no legislative power, as was intended in 1781 when some old dude wrote that shit up.

So how about this, vote for me in 2016. I'll run under the slogan "Lets unfuck this bitch!" or "Get Shit Done!" and will pander to no one, will tell you when I don't know what the hell to do to fix it but I will ask for help from those who do, and I won't have a problem telling you I'm going to let any bitch suck my dick that wants to. Oh, and I'll get John Stewart to be Secretary of State.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 01-08-2012, 05:33 PM   #7
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost View Post

I can predict the future too.... in 4 years, our next presidential election will be based around foreign investments in flawed governments to try and protect our national interests in a volatile region, the sluggish recovery of our economy, and rampant overspending of an ineffectual Congress.

And the president will be to blame for it all... even though he really has no legislative power, as was intended in 1781 when some old dude wrote that shit up.

So how about this, vote for me in 2016. I'll run under the slogan "Lets unfuck this bitch!" or "Get Shit Done!" and will pander to no one, will tell you when I don't know what the hell to do to fix it but I will ask for help from those who do, and I won't have a problem telling you I'm going to let any bitch suck my dick that wants to. Oh, and I'll get John Stewart to be Secretary of State.
*clap*

*clap*

*clap*

*clap*
*clap clap clap clap clap clap clapclapclapclapclapclapclapcla*
FDA_Approved is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2012, 05:37 AM   #8
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
Quote:

what are you talking about??? the real issue in this country is not allowing gay marriage, oh and aborting abortions.

get with the times dude!!!!!!!!
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2012, 03:14 PM   #9
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

I thought this video was interesting too, which is strange because I despise Fox News...

WTF has hell really frozen over because I agree with pretty much everything he says...

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 01-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #10
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Republicans always believe Fox news. Fox news is like the republican superstore of bullshit. I was ok with you, and the Ron Paul stuff - bringing Fox into this? For shame!

BTW: I will vote for you Lost!

Old 01-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #11
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester

Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
that was epic until the ron paul ending, ron paul is no better than any of the others..i was totally on this guy's side til he actually chose a side :/
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #12
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXtric View Post
that was epic until the ron paul ending, ron paul is no better than any of the others..i was totally on this guy's side til he actually chose a side :/
lolololol

Old 01-09-2012, 08:43 PM   #13
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
And even if I lose the nomination, I'll use all that fucking money from the SuperPAC I get my good buddy to make and we'll all party like it's a zombie apocalypse! How much booze, coke, and whores could we get for $350k?

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2012, 11:59 PM   #14
Atreuce
Tiny Asian Penis Man
Beta Tester

Quote:
And even if I lose the nomination, I'll use all that fucking money from the SuperPAC I get my good buddy to make and we'll all party like it's a zombie apocalypse! How much booze, coke, and whores could we get for $350k?
Who cares. I'm there!

Old 01-10-2012, 07:12 AM   #15
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atreuce View Post
Republicans always believe Fox news. Fox news is like the republican superstore of bullshit. I was ok with you, and the Ron Paul stuff - bringing Fox into this? For shame!

BTW: I will vote for you Lost!
I too hate Fox News. But what that guys says has a lot of merit as people should always question authority. People too often believe what they see on the news, and it's refreshing to know that Fox employes someone who is willing to stand against their employer's interests (News corporation, you fucking douchenozzle) and raise questions people should really be asking themselves.

I don't want the federal government to take care of me because they don't do a good job at it. Every President for as long as I've been born has increased the size of our government and as more and more of our money is taxed, deflated and used to fund programs people should have the right to opt out of, the more quickly I lose trust in the government to perform any basic function without fucking it up.

That is why I'm for Ron Paul. I am a libertarian. I have some conservative and some liberal views and I feel the two party system we have today gets us nowhere as a country. He's for limiting the government and returning the rights to each state, phasing out failed federal programs and agencies, returning our monetary system to a system that actually works, having a sensible foreign policy by ensuring our national defense is our number one priority while still being able to cut $1 trillion ($500b from military spending overseas) from his first year in office.

I guess I'm just not happy with the so-called change Obama has brought about. I understand he's trying to clean up some of the mess left over by previous Presidents, but Obama has just had on the job experience. He knows little about how the economy actually works, let alone how to fix it. He's just focusing on jobs and not the core problem of why these jobs are unavailable in the first place.

I voted for Ron Paul in 2008 as well, but since he didn't get nominated, it looked like another 4 years of the same bullshit for this country and that's pretty much what it's been like. Obama has increased our national debt by $5 trillion since in office up to $15 trillion. He allowed banks who's practices were unethical and bad for their customers to be bailed out when they were about to fail. And he did that at the cost of the tax payer.

How long do we want a government in power that can make our dollar more and more useless? If I make minimum wage, for example, and continue that wage for a while, although I might get raises from my workplace, that does not take into account for inflation. Inflation rises, causing all domestic and foreign products to rise in price. As the dollar becomes worth less, it makes my wages worthless. Ron Paul wants to do away with the federal income tax, limit what the government can actually spend money on and create a more mainstream system that will allow the free markets to work out the kinks and get rid of unethical practices.

Since this looks like it might be turning into a debate, can someone please move this topic to the debate section?

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 01-10-2012 at 07:13 AM.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:39 AM   #16
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
Since this looks like it might be turning into a debate, can someone please move this topic to the debate section?
Gladly.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2012, 12:39 AM   #17
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
There's no debate going on. I was just posting factual evidence that Ron Paul predicted the majority of the problems we are facing today in our economy and they are largely caused because of corporatism intertwined with government.

The US debt has risen by $5 trillion since Obama has been in office. He's basically lied to the people. We've been sold out. The dollar is now worth next to nothing and with people buying up gold like crazy, it's clear our economy is in shambles and out of every other candidate running, only Ron Paul has an actual concrete plan to fix it. Obviously he is kind of cooky, being what 79 years old and all, but he's still competent, unlike Obama.
Let me declare a couple of facts...

1) I like Fox News
2) I am and have been a registered Libertarian for a number of years now (refugee from the Republican party)
3) I view people who say "Fox News is ________" as either lazy or stupid.

Now that we have that out of the way...I like Ron Paul but there are issues I have with his expressed views and some of his positions could use alot more discussion and clarification.

I like Fox News as I find most of their hired talking heads tolerable to listen to or watch. I love listening to John Gibson and Angry Rich but I think they are quick to zoom in on a particular quote or view from history and ignore any subsequent information that may have come out.

By way of example Ron Paul's position on Iran was discussed today by John and Rich. They are using a RP soundbite where he said "If I were Iran I'd want Nuclear Weapons too" to declare that Ron Paul would do nothing about that situation. Furthermore they would not allow any reasonable discussion on the subject. That they declared it to be tacit approval by RP for Iran to have them was enough.

I disagree with them but I still find them generally entertaining.

If you paint "Fox News" with one broad brush then I believe you to be lazy or stupid. Fox News is not some monolithic entity. They have a number of different talking heads that may have some commonality but they aren't clones squirted out of a vat. To insisted that they be labeled as such makes you either lazy or stupid....take your pick!

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2012, 07:20 AM   #18
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

95% of anything I've seen on Fox News has been pure trash, but hey, that's just personal experience. Do I even have to mention Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly? Ok well maybe Bill is just a troll, but still. I could easily argue that the majority of people who watch Fox News on the regular are dim witted morons.

Don't know how accurate this is, but it gave me a chuckle.

Also, Newt's smear campaign against Romney can be summed up in this one video:

And finally, Ron Paul's Foreign Policy Sucks!:

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 01-13-2012 at 07:21 AM.

Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #19
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
95% of anything I've seen on Fox News has been pure trash, but hey, that's just personal experience. Do I even have to mention Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly? Ok well maybe Bill is just a troll, but still. I could easily argue that the majority of people who watch Fox News on the regular are dim witted morons.
And you would argue based on personal bias and personal observation as opposed to some study using objective controls and standards for measurement?

Not really fair or honest is it?

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2012, 06:59 PM   #20
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Kube, Fox news it guilty of the same thing all news is guilty of. They do it to some greater extreme, but honestly that gap gets smaller and smaller every time I turn the TV on. I happen to find it hateful enough to change the channel and find my news elsewhere. However, if you are going to criticize FOX, then also realize that CNN and MSNBC also report with a bias agenda and with skewed facts.

MSNBC is almost worse than FOX in my opinion. I'd like a new channel that actually is fair and balanced. One that doesn't spin the news the way FOX does. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a demand for one. People want the news to agree with them and prefer the TV to make them feel as though their opinions are correct.

Libertarian's seem to be the most rational when it comes to approaching a situation. They have a reasonable solution to most problems because the constitution was forged pretty well. Personally though, I think we should just start over. There are too many ways for our existing constitution to be exploited and too many people who exploit it. We really need to put everything on hold , and bring in some new laws to protect the people. Every election just seems like a contest as to who can scam the american people the best.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote