Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-17-2006, 05:05 PM   #1
o_[o-t] scuzzy

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
[o-t] and Fortress Forever

Last edited by o_[o-t] scuzzy; 03-01-2011 at 12:39 PM.
o_[o-t] scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #2
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
(NOSPAM) attracts bots like honey, man.

Anyway, cool-beans, but maybe an e-mail would've worked better. Y'know, so you don't get guys like me replying. Just sayin'... Still the set-up sounds very cool, with the auto-posting and stuff.

Old 07-17-2006, 09:24 PM   #3
o_nodnarb

yea just random people posting is kind of annoying, but I'm happy that your clan is willing to host. My dad used to play on one of you servers.
o_nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2006, 09:41 PM   #4
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Did o-T evolve from 30+?

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-17-2006, 11:35 PM   #5
o_[o-t] scuzzy

Two quick things, [o-t] is an *invite only* clan. There was never meant to be ANY hint of "join our clan". I apologize if it sounded like that in any way. We are not openly looking for new members.

Second, we didn't evolve from 30+, but we do play with members in 30+. Dr. Ebola, MONTOCH, and MOODYMOMMY stop by from time to time, as well as other 30+ members. [o-t] was formed in 2003 by people from several clans, including the original creator of the <bOmb> clan. We do have at least one member (SwampFox)who still plays in the 30+ league games. (Members may join league clans for league gaming).

If the random post annoyed the development team I apologize, they are welcome to copy the information down and remove this message from the forums.

Again, this wasn't a join our clan message in any way, and I meant no disrespect to the FF team. We're just looking to help you out and start playing.

Scuzzy

Old 07-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #6
o_[o-t] scuzzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodnarb
yea just random people posting is kind of annoying, but I'm happy that your clan is willing to host. My dad used to play on one of you servers.
We have a lot of people who's parents play with their kids on our servers. (Mine is too young though) We try and keep a good environment free of llamas so the kids and parents can enjoy.

Scuzzy

Old 07-18-2006, 12:49 AM   #7
o_silencer

seems like your clan likes to ban people from your servers.
o_silencer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 01:07 AM   #8
o_puppychow

Quote:
Originally Posted by silencer
seems like your clan likes to ban people from your servers.
if they want to have a unique membership of 30+ with no spamming 15 year olds, this is a bad thing? There are lots and lots of 30+ gamers out there and keeping it "older" can heighten the enjoyment.
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 01:08 AM   #9
o_digital_ghost

It gives reasons why they were banned. As before mentioned we keep it "clean" server since alot of younger people play there as well. namely the kids of some of the memebers. Far as any swear bans its only for 30-60 min. which is auto after thier 3rd swearing violation.

That isnt the point of the thread though. It was an offer on how he'd like to assist the dev team. If they contact him or not i'm sure it will be through private means.
o_digital_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 01:09 AM   #10
o_digital_ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppychow
if they want to have a unique membership of 30+ with no spamming 15 year olds, this is a bad thing? There are lots and lots of 30+ gamers out there and keeping it "older" can heighten the enjoyment.

Ty, well put

Old 07-18-2006, 01:17 AM   #11
o_silencer

i totally agree that you must keep a server clean, but ive seen way to many times where server admins just went on a banning spree.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:22 AM   #12
o_digital_ghost

I know what ya mean. Most servers like that are just admins getting to power happy.

Old 07-18-2006, 01:38 AM   #13
o_silencer

cant stand power happy adimns. But i look forward to playing on your server, as long as my ping is good

Old 07-18-2006, 01:47 AM   #14
o_[o-t] scuzzy

Quote:
i totally agree that you must keep a server clean, but ive seen way to many times where server admins just went on a banning spree.
I can understand your concern. It is one of the main reasons we're an invite only clan. We aren't looking to be the biggest, or the best, or have the best players. We just want mature individuals who enjoy gaming the way we do. Although we've never had any major admin abusing issues we have administration pages full stats on who is banned/kicked/swear slapped/banned, etc. Each of these actions are posted into a database and also "autoposted" into our forums. Everyone knows exactly who is banning and why. Our page that lists the bans is a straight sql query out of the database.

And DG is right, this thread is only our offer of assistance to the dev team. If anyone has any other questions on [o-t], how we do things, or how the clan runs their servers please log into our forums or e-mail me and I'll be happy to answer them. I don't want to get too far off track here.

Thanks,
Scuzzy

Old 07-18-2006, 01:48 AM   #15
o_deadly furby

These are really good guyz with a nice offer and nothing else. I think it's a nice gesture and probably something to look into.

P.S. Tell Dr Ebola and MOODYMOMMY I said hi.
o_deadly furby is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 01:56 AM   #16
o_[o-t] scuzzy

Quote:
cant stand power happy adimns. But i look forward to playing on your server, as long as my ping is good
Hmm, I didn't really think to include that information. If the development teams cares the server is located in Cedar Falls, Iowa... so it is fairly centrally located in the United States. We had it in Chicago for a while, but our west coast players got horrible pings. Once we had the server shipped to the Cedar Falls datacenter everyone's ping got better. We average about 2gig of transfer a day. We did 35.5gig in June, 55.74 in May. (It always tapers off in the summer, everyone is outside hehehehe) We have found that our in-game pings for Hidden-Source and HLCTF are much better then TFC.

Scuzzy

Old 07-18-2006, 03:01 AM   #17
o_mullet man

I remember some of the [30+] players from Q3F and see a few of them now and then on ETF. I think it is great that a large community like yours are willing to help out on the development of FF.
o_mullet man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 03:30 AM   #18
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Keeping it clean == removing all the gore, too, right?

Old 07-18-2006, 03:37 AM   #19
o_puppychow

point of your post circ? i'm down with sarcasm when funny.....but it wasnt funny.

Anywho, oldtimers clan, might be interested in knowing more about you, possibly join for FF? at 31 im a spring chicken pm me?
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-18-2006, 04:13 AM   #20
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

My point is, I don't think hearing the word "fuck" (let alone seeing it) is any more traumatizing than watching someone explode. Now, rampant swearing, derogatory slurs, etc., I can see that getting you kicked/banned, but when it's a little slip-up and you get an hour's time-out for it it's sorta silly. S'all I'm sayin'.

Now, I respect that they have the rule, it's their server and they can run it as they please, but that doesn't mean I can't point out what I think is wrong with it - and at least I'm not pointing it out by joining and swearing up a storm, which is a really ridiculous way to do things.

But anyway, yeah, do you guys tone down the violence at all or is that stuff cool beans?