Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server Administration

Old 09-16-2007, 06:23 AM   #21
mullen1200

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I would use beetlemod if I had actually gotten it to work. I seemt o have poor luck in installing mods.
mullen1200 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 09:23 AM   #22
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach
Sourcemod is coming with an SQL feature, so I would expect that for that feature, SQL would be used.
I certainly hope it's not required. Databases are often overkill when a list will do and SQL doesn't have the best security record. It seems like so many projects are still unreleased to the public. Everything is allegedly coming "soon."
SME is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 04:59 PM   #23
Roach
SourceMod User

Send a message via AIM to Roach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
I certainly hope it's not required. Databases are often overkill when a list will do and SQL doesn't have the best security record. It seems like so many projects are still unreleased to the public. Everything is allegedly coming "soon."
No, its not required. Just like AMXx it comes with the package, but it is not required in order to run the program. It would be mySQL like AMXx uses. Although, for that feature that was described, it might be able to be done without using a database at all. I think the latest build of AMXx keeps a record of the last 10 disconnects or something like that for reference if someone joins and needs to be banned afterwards or something like that, but you dont want to go and look in the FTP logs and so forth.

Like I've said many times prior. SM is still in beta, but its nearing its full release. I think there were something like 10 or 11 issues leftover in the bug tracker last I heard. As soon as things are completed in SM, however, they are normally released to the public ASAP.
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 05:38 PM   #24
SME
Damn lazy bastard

All it should need is a txt file like mani uses but I'll be looking at it, when it comes out, but that's my point. SM:MAP and SourceBans are "coming soon." Detox is allegedly adding needed features, someday, but no ETA. Nobody wants to comment on release schedules because they know they'll be held to them. Even the next FF patch that may, or may not, contain epicenter is "coming soon" whatever soon means to each group. I sure wish they'd put up progress reports or estimated schedules. *shrug*

Old 09-17-2007, 07:38 PM   #25
supermj

Sourcemod has optional sql support...keyword optional, which is especially beneficial for those who have multiple servers and would rather manage their admins on one database. There may be other reasons, but I'm sure that's one big one.
supermj is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 08:26 PM   #26
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermj
Sourcemod has optional sql support...keyword optional, which is especially beneficial for those who have multiple servers and would rather manage their admins on one database. There may be other reasons, but I'm sure that's one big one.
Actually, that's a very good reason and a feature that I forgot about. I run many servers and that would be helpful. Centralized ban lists too, I assume, or is that just SourceBans?

Old 09-17-2007, 10:01 PM   #27
BeetleFart

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Beetlesmod has mysql for bans and admins

www.beetlesmod.com

Old 09-17-2007, 10:13 PM   #28
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
Beetlesmod has mysql for bans and admins

www.beetlesmod.com
Seems pretty CS (I don't run CS servers) centric, even if it plays nice with FF, what other games/mods have you tested it on?

Old 09-18-2007, 03:23 AM   #29
BeetleFart

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
dods
insurgency,

mostly just ran it..didnt play insurgency much...nor played much hl2mp but it loaded with both

Old 09-18-2007, 10:17 AM   #30
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleFart
dods
insurgency,

mostly just ran it..didnt play insurgency much...nor played much hl2mp but it loaded with both
I suppose you could be one of the first to add TF2 support, too. It seems that the new orangebox engine uses a new SDK and therefore breaks most/all other admin mods, including MM:S, eventscripts and stand alone Mani. *shrug*

Old 09-18-2007, 06:12 PM   #31
Roach
SourceMod User

Send a message via AIM to Roach
Quote:
Originally Posted by SME
All it should need is a txt file like mani uses but I'll be looking at it, when it comes out, but that's my point. SM:MAP and SourceBans are "coming soon." Detox is allegedly adding needed features, someday, but no ETA. Nobody wants to comment on release schedules because they know they'll be held to them. Even the next FF patch that may, or may not, contain epicenter is "coming soon" whatever soon means to each group. I sure wish they'd put up progress reports or estimated schedules. *shrug*
Actually...SourceBans RC1 just released today!

http://www.steamfriends.com/developm..._articleid/797
Roach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 07:31 PM   #32
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach
Actually...SourceBans RC1 just released today!

http://www.steamfriends.com/developm..._articleid/797
Well that one turned out to actually be "soon."

Old 09-20-2007, 04:26 AM   #33
SGM Division ******
Wiki Team

Class/Position: Defensive
Gametype: Capture The Flag
Affiliations: [SG-X] Clan - http://www.sg-x.info
Send a message via ICQ to 417
We started out using BAT but it had to many bugs so we went to the MM:S version of Mani 1.2R using just the basic functions.

I am trying to setup buttons for my administrators (through Mani) to switch platers to certain teams, as team balancing is already quite an issue (at least on our server).

Does anyone know how to do this?

It was fairly easy to do in Team Death Match as you just setup the player classes in the cexeclist_player.txt file.
Quote:
"Join Rebel" cl_playermodel models/humans/Group03/Male_01.mdl
"Join Combine" cl_playermodel models/combine_soldier.mdl
I don't know where to begin to do it for the different teams in FF though. I need to know ALL the specific names for each team (FF_TEAM_BLUE/RED/Green ?) and the command that would switch a player to them.

If any one knows could you please private message me with the info.

Thanks!