Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 05-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #61
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Yeah, I don't really mind the rules either, but since i don't play tfc, i won't have to worry about going there.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:57 AM   #62
fishBurger
get off my lawn

Class/Position: O scout / demo
Gametype: killing
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
It seems odd that people are getting worked up over this...

Simply put, if you dont like a particular server's rules, dont play there.

Old 05-09-2007, 11:59 AM   #63
Fjorn

No swearing/rascism/etc is really not that big of a deal

Unless you're the kind of person who gets offended at people asknig you to not swear
Fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 12:02 PM   #64
Afty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaMpFoX
I have no problem with B hop but as a clan as a whole we decided to keep the game even for all players its ashame when I hear someone same they need a advantage to win. Whos the noob.
This is my exact point, you are giving yourselves an advantage against players who can bhop. If someone who is awesome at concing comes to your server and tears the place up for a week are you going to limit concing so that everyone who cant do it aswell doesnt get their ass handed to them ?
Afty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 12:04 PM   #65
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishBurger
It seems odd that people are getting worked up over this...

Simply put, if you dont like a particular server's rules, dont play there.
That's what I'm trying to state/do.

..and no swearing is fine, just rules that restrict you from using a certain features of the game are annoying, but eh, like I said, I don't play tfc.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:07 PM   #66
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afty
The whole dospac getting kicked thing seem rediculous to me, dospac says 1 thing to 1 admin and gets kicked , but the other player is ruining the game for all the other players and sits there happily..... i think your admins need a priority check.
If you HONESTLY believe that he said one thing and was kicked for it you've obviously never played on the server. We've had this conversation a million times, but what the hell. Players are given several verbal and written warnings before they are kicked for language. We give players plenty of time to clean up there act. If you want to start disrespecting the admins then yes, you're going to get booted. Why should we take shit on our own servers? The automated language filter works as follows:

First Occurrence in a 30 minute timespan: slayed.
Second Occurrence in a 30 minute timespan: slayed.
Third Occurrence in a 30 minute timespan: banned for 30 minutes.

Now, if you've been slayed twice and banned once in thirty minutes and still don't have a clue:

Each occurrence after a 30 minute ban is on a players record results in a 24 hour ban.

We are open enough to even let people banned from league play still play on our server. We force them to have a permanent teleporter glow and their name has a TM: in front of it, but that's so we can track them in game easily.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabre
edit: Please tell me your joking, the server bans bunnyhopping?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rannibunny
I still think the cutest thing about most server rules (except the ones forcing clanstyle play. These are great!) is the hypocracy.
We protect children from bad words to make sure they can enjoy a peaceful game of blowing people to bits or infecting them with mysterious tropical diseases...
That it's all for the flag is _no_excuse_ in this particular case!
I didn't say we protect the children from language, I said we try to protect them from pedophiles. We prefer to play with people that are more mature. Most of those people are ones who don't need to say "shit" or "fuck" or call people names in order to play. It's a trend we've found, nothing more nothing less. I am not saying that everyone who has scream "shitz ur pawned muthafucka!" every time they make a kill isn't a great player, they could be the best TFC player in the world, they just aren't someone we'd prefer to play with. If you need that, if it's a requirement, there are servers that provide that environment. Jigglypuffs is a great server for bhopping and that sort of language. If you don't want that, our server is a nice place to play.

Quote:
What im concerned about here is the "realistic team game play" Bhop is unrealistic but yet conc jumping and rocket jumping aren't?
I'm glad your concerned. Would a conc grenade (if manufactured) and an RPJ cause you to move more in one direction in real life. Yes. Can you jump and twist in mid-air and go twice as fast in the real world? No. Is it fun to play with a bunch of hopping rabbits? Not to me, and not to many of our clan members.

Quote:
TFC is not a realistic game in any way and aren't you, by enforcing a no b-hop rule, being game bigots yourselves?
No, because we fully support and think it's great that other servers allow bhopping and that there is a place for those people to play. YOU guys are the only people trying to force your bhop religion on others. We have our nice little environment, but that's just not acceptable, even though there are a few hundred other servers out there that you can bhop on. No sir, attack the infidels, call them names, lie about their environment, no one must want to play there, we must stop people from liking the old timers!

Quote:
I agree your server is yours to admin how you want and i respect that you admin it well, but the examples i've seen here so far do not give me the urge to pick up tfc and come play on it. (im sure this doesnt ache your heart)
You're right, I didn't come here to win hearts, it's not part of the job. Again, you're more then welcome. If you can play without bhop (at least until FF is out), then you'd be fine. You'll find we're fairly open and try to keep the servers running smoothly. If you like the Jigglypuff environement and play there often (as I suspect most of the people in this thread must) then the Old Timers servers aren't for you.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:11 PM   #67
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
This is my exact point, you are giving yourselves an advantage against players who can bhop. If someone who is awesome at concing comes to your server and tears the place up for a week are you going to limit concing so that everyone who cant do it aswell doesnt get their ass handed to them ?
How are we giving ourselves an advantage over someone who can bhop? What handicap are they being dealt? Your argument makes absolutely no sense.

There are plenty of people on our server who can't conc AT ALL, there are others that can conc around corners and that like, we have no problem with them.

Old 05-09-2007, 12:12 PM   #68
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjorn
Unless you're the kind of person who gets offended at people asknig you to not swear
Ding Ding Ding! We have a winner! Damn the Man!

Old 05-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #69
Afty

I think im going to dust off steam and see how this server plays tonight now, if I try to bhop do i get banned or is there a system in place that makes bhop impossible?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:13 PM   #70
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Actually, I'm glad there's a server that restricts bhop but does that include concing and rocketjumping? or only bhop?

Old 05-09-2007, 12:16 PM   #71
Fjorn

The problem is this:

when someone is flag holding, they get frustrated
when someone gets frustrated, they tend to swear
still with me?

Your admin, rather than simply remove the flag holder, and then deal with the swearing, decided to deal with the swearing first, which made the guy even more frustrated, and even more swearing

That is the ONLY thing I find wrong with what I've heard, and its more than likely I don't know the full story

Just my two cents

Old 05-09-2007, 12:19 PM   #72
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

It's their problem that they can't control themselves in the first place, so...
if someone swears at the person that stole/ got the flag first, then they need to get the hell off the internet and get mature.

imo

Old 05-09-2007, 12:20 PM   #73
Afty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
How are we giving ourselves an advantage over someone who can bhop? What handicap are they being dealt? Your argument makes absolutely no sense.
So you are saying that its equally as difficult playing against a scout who can bhop proficently and a scout who cant?

Maybe i phrased it wrong, you are at no advantage over them, but they are at a disadvantage you would surely have to agree?

Quote:
I'm glad your concerned. Would a conc grenade (if manufactured) and an RPJ cause you to move more in one direction in real life. Yes.
I'd be surprised if you went ANYWHERE if you pointed an rpg at the floor and pulled the trigger. (actually you would probably go everywhere)

Old 05-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #74
Fjorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny
It's their problem that they can't control themselves in the first place, so...
if someone swears at the person that stole/ got the flag first, then they need to get the hell off the internet and get mature.

imo

I swear far more when I am frustrated... I normally swear very little, but when I get frustrated...

Old 05-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #75
Afty

He's gonna blow !

Old 05-09-2007, 12:26 PM   #76
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

I usually swear and get frustrated a bit when I play on the [T3] Rise of the bots server on Cs:s, when a bot kills me , sometimes....
When i get frustrated, i disconnect and get some tea. LOL

Old 05-09-2007, 12:38 PM   #77
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:

There are plenty of people on our server who can't conc AT ALL, there are others that can conc around corners and that like, we have no problem with them.
So what's the problem with having people who can't bhop AT ALL and others that can bhop?
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 12:53 PM   #78
Fjorn

I thinks its for the defenders honestly, who can't cope with bhopping scouts/medics

Old 05-09-2007, 01:08 PM   #79
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
I think im going to dust off steam and see how this server plays tonight now, if I try to bhop do i get banned or is there a system in place that makes bhop impossible?
It'll depend on the Admin on the server. Bhop is something that some can recognize and other's can't. If you bhop and are warned I would suggest you stop, otherwise they will either kick or ban you (admin's discretion) If you intentionally ignore the server policies that'll get you a ban for sure. (see server rules in my tag line)

Click on the ban-info in my signature for more details.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:10 PM   #80
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjorn
I swear far more when I am frustrated... I normally swear very little, but when I get frustrated...
Just to clarify we are not stating that people can not swear while playing on our server. You are more then welcome to swear, scream, hollar, hell you can play naked if it makes you feel better. All we ask is that you do not hit the Mic key when you do decide to swear up a storm and refrain from typing it out.