Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping

Old 02-14-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
o_dr zauis

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ejg_hunted

Hello, im new here. I was one of the many people who gathered on the server Got Hunted??? and for a while was one of there admins. As a community who loved the map Hunted, we brainstormed ideas for a fresh hunted map, and great map was created by SoulReaper, its called ejg_hunted, it had somewhat the same scheme of the orginal hunted map with a lot, and i mean a lot of extras. Now i was wondering, since i saw you were creating a new hunted map, if you would think about maybe adding SoulReaper's along with or instead of the orignal hunted.

http://www.synergygaming.com/users/s...pping/hunted2/
this is SoulReapers Hunted2 map, which some of you may have played.
and this is ejg_hunted - named so because of the 3 communites that helped the Hunted movement Elite Hunters, JEC, and Got Hunted???
http://www.synergygaming.com/users/s...ng/ejg_hunted/
even more pictures here:
http://www.synergygaming.com/users/s...ejg2%5Fhunted/

I have emailed him about this, and am awaiting a response, mainly for getting a Worldcraft file, so you could transfer it to Hammer. Although i have yet to get any response yet, I am sure he will be willing, because he has mentioned to me that he still has all the worldcraft files, and I was a main beta tester for the map.

If i can get the files, would you think about adding it to the maps? obviously after re-editing it.

I actually hear of you thru our new network http://www.synergygaming.com and we are all very very very excited with your progress with this mod.
o_dr zauis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2005, 08:50 PM   #2
o_garland-w

i think the original hunted map was good enough
o_garland-w is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2005, 11:11 PM   #3
o_don chico

I've mentioned ejg_hunted to both jesse and jon, and they both don't like it. They are sticking to the original as much as possible.
o_don chico is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2005, 11:52 PM   #4
o_rebo

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I dont know this map, but the design of it looks really nice how about SoulReaper remake it for FF.

If you have any specific recommendations about hunted play in general please suggest them as the mod would love to hear your ideas as ppl who play the map alot.
o_rebo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 09:26 AM   #5
o_xstioph

Yeah it would definitely be nice with more than one hunted map! But also, one crazy thought just popped up... What about a hunted map featuring two civilians!? Of course not the default tfc hunted map, but with some fantasy it could get really awesome I imagine.. I guess this thread should have been in "Maps" though...?

Anyway, the idea of an alternate hunted map is very good! I'd still like to see the one from TFC reappearing.
o_xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 01:25 PM   #6
o_sobe green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstioph
Yeah it would definitely be nice with more than one hunted map! But also, one crazy thought just popped up... What about a hunted map featuring two civilians!? Of course not the default tfc hunted map, but with some fantasy it could get really awesome I imagine.. I guess this thread should have been in "Maps" though...?

Anyway, the idea of an alternate hunted map is very good! I'd still like to see the one from TFC reappearing.
You could have a red and a blue Hunted. One is worth double the points as the other. It might be sort of neat.
o_sobe green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 01:29 PM   #7
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Woei, could have a scenario where each team has a civilan they have to protect, and they're also trying to kill the other. Could be fun
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 03:17 PM   #8
o_xstioph

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekiM
Woei, could have a scenario where each team has a civilan they have to protect, and they're also trying to kill the other. Could be fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
You could have a red and a blue Hunted. One is worth double the points as the other. It might be sort of neat.
Yeah... One civilian on each team, sort of like reverse CTF but with a player instead of a flag! or regular... Capture The Civilian? I know it just sounds stupid.. But I honestly think it could be fun and challanging.
o_xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 04:19 PM   #9
o_|404|innoc-tpf-

Quote:
Sounds like a snapshot of the American Political Process...SIGN ME UP!

I was a hunted junkie for a long time!
o_|404|innoc-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 04:32 PM   #10
o_binarylife

Quote:
Sounds like a snapshot of the American Political Process...SIGN ME UP!
Sigh, I dont' like out politcle process. Voting=awsome Bush=suckage.

Anyway, hunted's have always been great maps. But I say let the deve team make the standard, and upcoming release maps and then let outside parties make theirs and add them to the game. There's no way the dev team can make every single map that was in TFC for release.
o_binarylife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-15-2005, 10:49 PM   #11
o_dr zauis

actually, i typed incorrectly and meant to say ejg2_hunted, thats the remake of SR's first remake. I will ask him if he would want to remap it for HL2, we will see, the map took him about 6 months to do, so maybe, maybe not, texturing takes a long ass time. If he agrees, do you guys mind adding it to the maps?

Im not saying no original hunted, because thats the map i have come to know and love from TFC, but 2 is never a bad idea.

Also, there was a 2 civy map, but as soon as one died the map reset, i forget that ones name at the moment. Another good hunted map was lighthouse_run, which was a collect and extraction map. where u would go to the civy(in the lighthouse, when u start on the beach), let him out of a cage, then take him to an extraction point.(back to beach)

If you want, once you get a good remake of the hunted map, by your mappers, im sure people at Synergy would be happy to play it, we still have a lot of TFC'ers. Many of us drool nightly over this Mod(me especially), and i personally cant wait to see how you do the Hunted map, i hope you keep it as close to the original as you can. If you wish to contact SR, stop by synergygaming.com.

Old 02-16-2005, 01:24 AM   #12
mirvin_monkey
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Quote:
That's a pretty cool idea, I'd have loads of fun with that.
mirvin_monkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2005, 04:13 AM   #13
o_dr zauis

If we redo the map for source you guys mind adding it in? We are pondering the idea of doing that, SR wants his legacy passed on to greater things and all that. So if there is interest among the staff here, by which i mean, our work and effort will not be for nothing, we will give it a Source upgrade.

So talk it over, see what you think and get back to me. You are welcome to email me at whogotdafunk@gmail.com

Old 02-16-2005, 08:08 PM   #14
o_shadowe

Ew. JEC was the worst thing to happen to TFC since Steam.
o_shadowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2005, 11:56 PM   #15
o_dr zauis

wow i hope you kidding. I will refrain from flaming since it is against board rules. But you good sir need an education.

Old 02-19-2005, 03:32 AM   #16
o_shadowe

Lemme count the list of war crimes JEC has committed:

1. No using the autorifle or nailgun
2. BG's are allowed to enter the assassins spawns
3. Quad damage for prezzo, what the FUCK!
4. Grenades for the assassins... again WTF!
5. GREEN SNIPERS?!
6. Grenade, health, and ammo refills in the truck area
7. Snipers are not allowed to kill prezzo inside b1, while he is on or below the ramp, while they are on the ground, from the sewers or resupply, from the vent or after he comes out of the vent, in the sewers or with the crowbar.
8. Snipers are not allowed in too many places for me to list
9. Snipers are damaged while on the ground (removed after a few weeks)
10. For a while there were pyros on the red team
11. Spies on the bg's... thank god they dropped this after a few days
12. 1 sniper allowed for every 3 bodyguards... STUPID
13. Snipers aren't allowed to "deathmatch" e.g. killing bodyguards.

should i go on? all i can say is thank god the JEC hunted network collapsed and got-hunted didn't buy all that bullshit.

Old 02-19-2005, 10:00 AM   #17
o_dr zauis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowe
1. No using the autorifle or nailgun
2. BG's are allowed to enter the assassins spawns
3. Quad damage for prezzo, what the FUCK!
4. Grenades for the assassins... again WTF!
5. GREEN SNIPERS?!
6. Grenade, health, and ammo refills in the truck area
7. Snipers are not allowed to kill prezzo inside b1, while he is on or below the ramp, while they are on the ground, from the sewers or resupply, from the vent or after he comes out of the vent, in the sewers or with the crowbar.
8. Snipers are not allowed in too many places for me to list
9. Snipers are damaged while on the ground (removed after a few weeks)
10. For a while there were pyros on the red team
11. Spies on the bg's... thank god they dropped this after a few days
12. 1 sniper allowed for every 3 bodyguards... STUPID
13. Snipers aren't allowed to "deathmatch" e.g. killing bodyguards.

should i go on? all i can say is thank god the JEC hunted network collapsed and got-hunted didn't buy all that bullshit.
1. Only llamas need to use an autorifle on a Prez, it was not NO AR, it was no AR on the prez
2. No, your stupid, the way the map is built only 2 spawns are not in the open and if u enter any others u automatically die. Thu cant go into spawns that have doors attached. As a sniper it was kinda fun to have BG's fall into the one on the B1 roof. Other spawns cant be helped, its the way the map was made.
3. All hunted servers had this, its fair he has 50 hp they had 100, i have played hunted for years, and this was never an issue, only nubs complained about this
4. That was on Pinapple day, not to often they did this, always fun time with nades.
5. Your thinkin about Kali, not JEC
6. Again this is Kali
7. I played ther for years, never once was this rule there, i dont know where u made that up
8. U cant go to the prez spawn, too bad....this so u cant be a sissy and shot a 50 hp person, wait a bit u got a whole map
9. never played with that
10. Pyros are fun on hunted, even if, it was only 1 pyro not a whole team.
11.This was done thru admin_mod or rcon, admins had fun with it.
12. You have no skill if you are complaining. This is common place for all hunted servers, there were always up to 5 snipes, around 15-18 bg's and a prez, depends on the server u went to.
13. Yes they were, we camped many a b1 roof and vent area.

You need to get a lot of your facts straight, i have been in the hunted community since it started, and never once did i find things such as 5 snipers not enough, UNLESS the other 4 were nubs

BTW it didnt collapes, it joined with Elite Hunters and Got Hunted???

Old 02-19-2005, 09:52 PM   #18
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Jon and I used to play in those Hunted-only servers quite a bit a few years ago, and I suppose they had their ups and downs. I can't really remember much about the differences that they all had, but I do remember that we didn't really like many of the changes they had made. Granted, this was just our own personal taste, and it seemed as though others did like it.

I don't remember if it was just some entity changes to the original Hunted, or if it was one of those hunted remakes, but there were all these arbitrary changes that were supposedly for the benefit of gameplay. Personally, I thought that many of them just negated the dynamics of the map. Inparticular, and correct me if I'm mistaken, but one such thing allowed for the bodyguards to go into the sewers? I don't think there's any justification for allowing this to happen. I wish I could remember more of the bizarre and unnecessary changes, but I can't, and it's probably for the better.

As for Hunted for FF, we're looking to re-create the same layout that exists in the original, and making improvements and tweaks where needed.

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2005, 10:39 PM   #19
o_shadowe

Really the only changes needed are a few packs in the BG's spawn to heal after those sudden round-changes, some anti-spawncamper deterrents, a few clipping errors fixed, and the truck redone because those doors don't always open right.

Old 02-21-2005, 02:49 AM   #20
o_donny

Well on my point of the veiw is that hunted was a greate map!
In FF tough I would like to see this greate map in a city version. That hunted map was a map from hl1 actully (no shit ) and Im thinking of a city like place.
Well after all it's nicer to play FF with same map as in TFC but if it looks diffrent it's more interesting
o_donny is offline   Reply With Quote