Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2007, 02:25 AM   #21
Fjorn

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
remember, old timers servers are those with the most restrictive rules, who will ban people for being too good
Fjorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 02:27 AM   #22
Sh4x
Retired FF Staff

aahhhh admins... sometimes you wish you could walk to their door and tell them how stupid they were for kicking you.

I remember one time I played on a server with bhop restriction (the kind that brakes you down when you jump so its impossible to go fast) and I kept hoping around like I was bhoping... got kicked for using the jump button too much.
Sh4x is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 03:12 AM   #23
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjorn
remember, old timers servers are those with the most restrictive rules, who will ban people for being too good
That's ogabs, not old timers. But thanks for keeping on the topic of "Bash a popular server you don't play on or pay for"

Old 05-08-2007, 03:22 AM   #24
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
haha yeah ogabs is probably the worst server ever. they kicked me because they were all snipers on well (sniper is the only class they are good at), and i was tranqing and stabbing them religiously. they told me to knock it off because "this is noob server," so i went pyro and started killing them with that, so they kicked me. fucking tools. i can abide by the no swearing shit and anti-bhop shits, but im not going to make myself suck as bad as the admins so i dont get kicked.

ive played at o-ts a few times and havent had many problems from what i can recall, so no beef with yall.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 04:29 AM   #25
Suite307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dospac
Yeah, it's annoying. After 4 or so players are in there, the bots just get in the way.

I know tons of people have in the past and currently avoid servers w/bots. Having it setup like that makes things worse. rip TFC pub scene I guess.
I work with the bot filter.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 05:14 AM   #26
Vendicator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
That's ogabs, not old timers. But thanks for keeping on the topic of "Bash a popular server you don't play on or pay for"
i figured the majority of TFC players were like me... and avoided servers that ban bhop... oh well!
Vendicator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 09:14 AM   #27
Fjorn

Quote:
oh, my bad

Never heard of your server then
And I'm banned from ogabs, and I've never gone there, thats why I'm bashing them

Old 05-08-2007, 11:52 AM   #28
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjorn
oh, my bad
Never heard of your server then
And I'm banned from ogabs, and I've never gone there, thats why I'm bashing them
No worries chief. You're welcome on the OT servers anytime.

Old 05-08-2007, 12:04 PM   #29
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendicator
i figured the majority of TFC players were like me... and avoided servers that ban bhop... oh well!
You could be right, that is entirely possible. However, with hundreds of thousands of steam-ids and our main server only having 32 slots it really doesn't matter to me. We could be avoided by 99% of the TFC community and I'd be fine with that. We may only have 55 members, but we do stuff like collect cash for baby gifts when members have kids (don't read this Reaper, congrats on Mackenzie's birth last week), we meet in RL when we can, all outside the game itself... hell we even make our own OT gear:

We have fun and we're able to run the environment that attracts mature players. *shrug* When people want to go crazy they go to Jigglypuff. We provide a different gaming experience, it's really not a clan for kids.

Edit: wrong wording

Last edited by Scuzzy; 05-08-2007 at 02:06 PM.
Scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 12:17 PM   #30
ekiM
Arrogance is Bliss

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterShock
I kinda hate bots.. but what I hate more, is bots with 'realistic' names. Its ok if a server operator wants bots, but I think they should be named [BOT]1 and [BOT]2 etc, so everyone knows they are playing with bots and not being 'tricked' into playing.
The Steam browser allows you to filter by bots. Source mods display a bot's ping as "BOT".
ekiM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 12:34 PM   #31
rannibunny
You are a pirate!

I really like listening to everyone and realizing that everyone is right ^_^
rannibunny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 05:06 PM   #32
grg
el matador

Quote:
You could be right, that is entirely possible. However, with hundreds of thousands of steam-ids and our main server only having 32 slots it really doesn't matter to me. We could be avoided by 99% of the TFC community and I'd be fine with that. We may only have 55 members, but we do stuff like collect cash for baby gifts when members have kids (don't read this Reaper, congrats on Mackenzie's birth last week), we meet in RL when we can, all outside the game itself... hell we even make our own OT gear:

We have fun and we're able to run the environment that attracts mature players. *shrug* When people want to go crazy they go to Jigglypuff. We provide a different gaming experience, it's really not a clan for kids.

Edit: wrong wording
wtf, you can't be serious about this.
grg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 05:48 PM   #33
Zencheetah

Their just nazi rule servers, feeling they have to put in additional rules and fuck over people who really want to play and chat.

I take it the O-T servers have no swearing? I never could see the point of that, being as how you're killing people with weapons. Kids shouldn't even be playing, but whatever, not the point.

I'm going to set up an FF server and the only two rules will be: No TK, Play serious.

I really want to help out the FF community, and a good server with non-annoying rules will help a lot. God damn nazi servers..
Zencheetah is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-08-2007, 05:56 PM   #34
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by grg
wtf, you can't be serious about this.
Nope, dead serious. Running a dedicated server and taking care of our members costs money. Fiscal year 2006 was just under $2,000 in gross income, not including gifts to members. We do not require members to donate and there are no membership dues, it's strictly a vollentary system. However, we have found that selling hats and the like does bring in more donations to help us with costs.

Scuzzy

Last edited by Scuzzy; 05-08-2007 at 06:15 PM.

Old 05-08-2007, 06:14 PM   #35
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zencheetah
Their just nazi rule servers, feeling they have to put in additional rules and fuck over people who really want to play and chat.

I take it the O-T servers have no swearing? I never could see the point of that, being as how you're killing people with weapons. Kids shouldn't even be playing, but whatever, not the point.

I'm going to set up an FF server and the only two rules will be: No TK, Play serious.

I really want to help out the FF community, and a good server with non-annoying rules will help a lot. God damn nazi servers..
We've found that players that can tone down their language are more fun to play with. Swearing and calling names doesn't really foster a Team environment, nor does it add anything to the game experience for us.

The rules on language content also exclude the use of sexual and racials remarks, we'd rather not play with racists, sexists, pedophiles, etc. Racists are idiots, sexists make all the women on the server uncomfortable, and pedophiles are disgusting. If your server is open enough as you say to include these people it'll give them a place to play and keep them off our machine. We appreciate that and thank you.

Scuzzy

Old 05-08-2007, 11:50 PM   #36
Fjorn

yeah, honestly, asking people to stfu with bad language and rasism and the like is no big deal

I know alot of adults that dislike swearing, I know alow of people that dislike rasism/sexism/etc.

I also know 10 year olds that play TFC and are fun to play with
I also know 10 year olds that are not fun to play with

Old 05-09-2007, 12:24 AM   #37
Dospac
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Dospac Send a message via AIM to Dospac Send a message via MSN to Dospac Send a message via Yahoo to Dospac
I didn't call anyone a bad word!! I believe I said, "Can you cut it out and just capture the fuckin flag". This was after players asking and me repeatedly answering to the question of who was doing it w/nothing happening. Probably went on for 4-5 minutes without any of the 'admins' doing anything.

I assumed there wasn't anyone with administrative access on the server, simply because they hadn't kicked the tard doing it.

I didn't see anything about language in the motd rules. I could have missed it though. I replied, "Yes daddy" to somebody who said to watch the language and was kicked. I rejoined a few seconds later and played on..

I commented about it here cause I know you guys read this forum, and it was strange being kicked for trying to get the game back and going again cause of the apparent regular pulling the abuse. He wasn't ever kicked as far as I know and actually continued to play after that.. Very odd!

Last edited by Dospac; 05-09-2007 at 12:50 AM.
Dospac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 12:25 AM   #38
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by own3r
There are a large number of TFC servers which currently employ restrictions on things such as bunny hopping and in clan servers whole classes are removed such as sniper and pyro. FF will be more accessible so skills such as bunny hopping should be easier for most people to pick up, so there seems like theres little need to disable it. The sniper and pyro are by no means the same as their TFC counterparts so their inclusion in a clan setting needs to be reevaluated upon release.

When servers set up for FF upon release would admins consider not placing server restrictions at least untill the game has been in the wild for a few months?

Discuss
The Old Timers Clan will grant this request. We will not restrict bhopping at the release of the game. Class restrictions will also be lifted (which currently stand at 3 snipers per team, 2 heavys, all others unlimited). After a trial period the clan will revisit the issue. Thank you for your input and request Own3r.

The Old Timers Clan

Old 05-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #39
Digital_Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss
haha yeah ogabs is probably the worst server ever. they kicked me because they were all snipers on well (sniper is the only class they are good at), and i was tranqing and stabbing them religiously. they told me to knock it off because "this is noob server," so i went pyro and started killing them with that, so they kicked me. fucking tools. i can abide by the no swearing shit and anti-bhop shits, but im not going to make myself suck as bad as the admins so i don't get kicked.

I've played at [o-t]'s a few times and haven't had many problems from what i can recall, so no beef with yall.
Yea was definitely a blast having ya there. You're one hell of an annoying demo though , could barely even get close enough to stab ya,lol.

Damn demos :P
Digital_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-09-2007, 01:23 AM   #40
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dospac
I didn't call anyone a bad word!! I believe I said, "Can you cut it out and just capture the fuckin flag". This was after players asking and me repeatedly answering to the question of who was doing it w/nothing happening. Probably went on for 4-5 minutes without any of the 'admins' doing anything.

I assumed there wasn't anyone with administrative access on the server, simply because they hadn't kicked the tard doing it.

I didn't see anything about language in the motd rules. I could have missed it though. I replied, "Yes daddy" to somebody who said to watch the language and was kicked. I rejoined a few seconds later and played on..
Yeah, saying that in response to an admin asking you to keep the language clean wasn't the best choice of words.

Quote:
I commented about it here cause I know you guys read this forum, and it was strange being kicked for trying to get the game back and going again cause of the apparent regular pulling the abuse.
1) Just to clarify, you weren't kicked for trying to get the game going, but I think you know that. You were kicked for language and disrespecting admins.

2) It's insulting to imply that a regular gets special treatment in the OT servers. It's especially misleading because you don't play on the server on a regular basis to know who IS a regular. I checked the log and here are the events in question:

Code:
L 05/06/2007 - 18:27:41: "[TDA]Dospac`DD<1887><STEAM_0:1:8490><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:27:47: "Anonymous<1884><STEAM_0:1:4770957><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:28:03: "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:29:00: "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:29:16: "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:29:49: "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:29:56: "[TDA]Dospac`DD<1887><STEAM_0:1:8490><Blue>" say_team "cap it newbs!"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:30:09: "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:30:22: "Flash Powder<1858><STEAM_0:0:2710287><Red>" killed "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" with "empgrenade"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:30:45: "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:31:07: "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:31:40: "ihmspi<1866><STEAM_0:1:4567114><Blue>" triggered "Red Flag"
L 05/06/2007 - 18:32:25: [plmenu.amxx] Kick: "" kick "[TDA]Dospac`DD<1887><STEAM_0:1:8490><>"
Was ihmspi being a noob? Yes, it does look that way. Where the admins clueless, no. They were distracted from his behavior by trying to deal with you. I don't think it's a mistake that your first message about this topic didn't include your language behavior, or your acknowledge knowing it was a problem by smart mouthing off to the clan members. You conveniently left that out to try and make us look bad. Now, let's examine your next claim above that OTers were giving special treatment to a "regular" player. Was ihmspi a regular as you state?

Nope. This was the first (and only) time he/she has been on the server in the last 60 days.

There are better ways to voice your grievance with how things were handled on our server then posting in a non-OT public forum with misleading information in an attempt to make us look bad. You've wasted a lot of peoples time with this fairy tail. It reflects poorly upon you and your position. May I suggest that next time send me an e-mail or private message me (either here or in the OT forums)

Thanks,
Scuzzy

Last edited by Scuzzy; 05-09-2007 at 02:04 AM.