/me runs
groovyf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 04:08 PM   #122
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
/me catches groovyf and throws him in catch full of fatties.

Old 09-14-2007, 04:56 PM   #123
Fuddy

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Go Go Gadget Death Elevators aside, i love playing the game. everything is extremely smooth, and the spy is amazing makes me feel like im the predator.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #124
gingabutt

i like that it pwnz

Old 09-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #125
Uncle-Argon

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
You've done it now groovyf. I've added you to... the list.

:P
Uncle-Argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 05:13 PM   #126
CarNi

I don't know if this has been posted yet but there is a problem where sometimes it spawns you and it's at like a 45 degree angle for some reason. Besides that this is the greatest 1st person shooter i've seen. You guys sure didn't disappoint the snipers either. Great job again guys.

Also, support the worlds only Fortress-Forever sniper league the SLv3 at www.slv3.com

Thx, {CgS} CarNi` .SLv3

Old 09-14-2007, 05:14 PM   #127
Razor

impressions ? ...maybe later..sorry no time..must play...

Old 09-14-2007, 05:58 PM   #128
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

@ Rawd

Omg. That flaming jump is so good. i tried it as soon as i read your post, and i've gotten out of like at least 23/27 stab attempts by spys and put them on fire. lol thanks for the tip man.

And it's so crazy. I guess people still think pyro as a weak class. I've been on like at least 14 different servers, and everyone basically runs away when an hw is coming their way, but they see a pyro and run towards them.

I can say for sure, at mid to close range, the pyro can win about 3/4 of the times, EVEN against hwguy or soldier.

LOL, dev team, i'm serious, if i ever become a billionaire, contact me, i'll give as much as i can to make your own gaming company/empire/dynasty. =)
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 06:12 PM   #129
BlisTer
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jifcuits

Would like to see more original maps, ff_aardvark is great and the other maps are great too but I've played them a lot before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlisTer

atleast 2 ctf maps are coming in the BCMP#1 (beta-community mappack) somewhere next week.
Atleast one of them also brand new.

Old 09-14-2007, 06:24 PM   #130
CaptainRonsEyepatch

Considering my comp ain't the beefiest machine around, I can play FF without too much trouble. But, man, not playing TFC for a couple months (used to play all the time) left me sorely lacking in reaction time and overall game play! And I gotta quit looking around at the purty environs!

Old 09-14-2007, 06:54 PM   #131
finalgambit

My thoughts:

The HWGuy needs to be able to fire longer without overheating. maybe im just not used to it yet, but i feel extremely underpowered when facing multiple enemies because i overheat after the first one is down and have to flip to shotty.

soldier's rockets need to have less delay upon firing (is this intentional or lag based? im running on a top end comp with great cable connect)

more to post later

Old 09-14-2007, 06:59 PM   #132
Hayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalgambit
My thoughts:

The HWGuy needs to be able to fire longer without overheating. maybe im just not used to it yet, but i feel extremely underpowered when facing multiple enemies because i overheat after the first one is down and have to flip to shotty.

soldier's rockets need to have less delay upon firing (is this intentional or lag based? im running on a top end comp with great cable connect)

more to post later
You need to throttle the AC. I had it going pretty good for a while..

Also, you must lag, because the soldier shoots rockets fast enough IMO.

As for my first impressions?

Fucking awesome. Finally, a mod that will stay on my steam games list for more than a day
Hayes is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #133
Uncle-Argon

In terms of the HWguy overheating: you need to release your fire button when the bar gets close to the end, let it cool slightly, then fire until it nearly overheats again and repeat. At no point during this time will you actually stop shooting at people, so you're at no disadvantage in that regard. The skill is just to maintain the heat bar at a high level without letting it push over the edge.

edit:

On the subject of rockets, the server you are on makes a fairly big difference. I get a frustrating level of rocket lag playing on US servers (im in the UK), but I don't have too much of a problem playing on EU servers. Its still a little delayed, but its certanly playable. I'm not sure whether this is an issue that the dev team can do much with, but whether it gets improved in the patch or not, its one of these things that will feel increasingly natural the more you play the class.
Uncle-Argon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #134
barronofhellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Buckshot Moose
-HW Guy seems to be doing more damage than he did in TFC. He also seems to have more range.
well i agree , but i think he is weaker, or maybe it was just me not geting armor bags... hey wait a tic... theres not armor model for picking up armor in spawns in such... just realised that
-- also on the hw throttle on the ac/ the whole point of using the throttle is so when ppl are way way far away you can just get it rolling around enough to clip them till they get closer and you turn up the throttle a bit and start filling them with led... then when you get the poor brave sap that thinks he can acctually take you on up close in your face you give them the whole load, wich ... ahem kills them (less its a more healthy hw guy that is)
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 07:32 PM   #135
Hand_O_Death
www.suicidesoldiers.net

You all should be very happy with the outcome. You did an excellent job. Other than a few very minor bugs it is fantastic. it is better than most games I pay for. All I ask is to just keep new map and old remakes (Badlands please) comming. Thanks and I plan on playing this for a VERY long time. Just get the word out so we can have a nice long list of servers to choose from (which looks like is working out nicely so far)
Hand_O_Death is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 09:39 PM   #136
Thor-Stryker
Spybox

Class/Position: Sniper, Defensive
Gametype: Capture Point
Affiliations: Unguilded
Send a message via AIM to Thor-Stryker Send a message via Yahoo to Thor-Stryker
On the AC Overheat, just tap your mouse button at a rapid pace, it'll keep you from overheating but you'll still pour out the led.

My issue is that the nailguns are all off center to the crosshair.
Thor-Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 09:51 PM   #137
broodingdude

This mod was kinda like bedding a supermodel. You wait and you wait, enduring so many obstacles and investing so much effort and time, just for that lay, and then... it's over.

Yeah, the 5 minutes after are great. But it leaves you with a sense that there should've been more.

So you pretty much say thanks and move on. It's pretty much a shoulder shrug, just so you can later say, "Yeah I boned a supermodel... but so what?"

Your ego got no boost or any real value from it.

So those of you unable to understand a metaphor should really not read my post. Maybe you should go find a soul.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:03 PM   #138
barronofhellion

i pritty much look at pron on the net, it gives me more time to play ff
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #139
LeMaltor

Quote:
Originally Posted by broodingdude
This mod was kinda like bedding a supermodel. You wait and you wait, enduring so many obstacles and investing so much effort and time, just for that lay, and then... it's over.

Yeah, the 5 minutes after are great. But it leaves you with a sense that there should've been more.

So you pretty much say thanks and move on. It's pretty much a shoulder shrug, just so you can later say, "Yeah I boned a supermodel... but so what?"

Your ego got no boost or any real value from it.

So those of you unable to understand a metaphor should really not read my post. Maybe you should go find a soul.
That can be said of any woman you fuck, supermodel or sucky sucky 5 dollah. Take your inane comments......and shove them up your ass.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:10 PM   #140
BobTheChainsaw

The game is awesome, partly for the nostalgia. It reminds me of TFC so much.
BobTheChainsaw is offline   Reply With Quote