Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Tips and Tutorials

Old 09-17-2007, 06:20 AM   #1
Zess-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
[REQUEST] Spy Config

Keys:

Bind 1-9 to switch disguises, then after pressed rebind it to slot1-9, press tab to switch from red to blue classes (possibly change the crosshair color to red or blue to show what team is selected)

mwheelup for scloak

mwheeldown for cloak

Thanks, Zess-
Zess- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 06:46 AM   #2
Hawk Eye
Who the fuck is this guy?
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: O Preferred
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: [AE] Asseaters
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
For what reason are you incapable of editing the spy.cfg file with all these binds yourself?
Hawk Eye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 10:19 AM   #3
Tarron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zess-
Keys:

Bind 1-9 to switch disguises, then after pressed rebind it to slot1-9, press tab to switch from red to blue classes (possibly change the crosshair color to red or blue to show what team is selected)

mwheelup for scloak

mwheeldown for cloak

Thanks, Zess-
but what if you wanna change class again? my config is set to 1-9 to disguise and i hold 0 and press 1-9 for slots, or you could have it the other way around, to hold 0 and press 1-9 to change to enemy team (0 can be changed to whatever)
Tarron is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 11:55 AM   #4
Zess-

@Hawk Eye: Because I don't know how to make it so 1-9 switches from switching disguises back to slot1-9 when I need it to, and automatically. I have an idea, but it would be a bit awkward. This is my idea of this:

Code:
//
//The switching of disguises
//

bind "1"          "slot1; disguise enemy scout"
bind "2"          "slot2; disguise enemy sniper"
bind "3"          "slot3; disguise enemy soldier"
bind "4"          "slot4; disguise enemy demoman"
bind "5"          "slot5; disguise enemy medic"
bind "6"          "slot6; disguise enemy heavyweapons"
bind "7"          "slot7; disguise enemy pyro"
bind "8"          "slot8; disguise enemy spy"
bind "9"          "slot9; disguise enemy engineer"

//The cloaking part

bind "mwheelup" "scloak"
bind "mwheeldown" "cloak"

//Misc

default_fov 120
cl_cmprogresstime 0.1

Thing is, with this... You will switch weapons each time you want to disguise, so its not really something to use with enemies around. But why would you disguise with enemies around anyway? I also have an idea for how to make a single button toggle all these, but I will do this after I get home from school... I also haven't tested this, so if anybody plans on using it, tell me how it goes :P

Last edited by Zess-; 09-17-2007 at 12:22 PM.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:41 PM   #5
PorkChopVII
The "other" white meat....

well the scripts will work of course like you said be changing weapons while you change., lemme ask you this does it HAVE to be slots 1-9. Heres why and disagree if you disagree with me about this, but isnt slot 6-9 gonna be unconfortable specially if you are ont he go, ever thought about just leaving the classes on the numbpad, or having a cycler where you can cycle through the menu.

Ill make the script for you and post it later, right now im just checkin the forums before i go to work.
PorkChopVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #6
Zess-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopVII
well the scripts will work of course like you said be changing weapons while you change., lemme ask you this does it HAVE to be slots 1-9. Heres why and disagree if you disagree with me about this, but isnt slot 6-9 gonna be unconfortable specially if you are ont he go, ever thought about just leaving the classes on the numbpad, or having a cycler where you can cycle through the menu.

Ill make the script for you and post it later, right now im just checkin the forums before i go to work.
Thanks, I tried making a cycler but I messed up at the part where "binds cannot be in binds"... Was trying to do this (straight from my code):

unbind tab
bind "tab" "disguise enemy scout; bind "tab" "disguise enemy sniper; speak vox/female/one"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy sniper; bind "tab" "disguise enemy soldier; speak vox/female/two"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy soldier; bind "tab" "disguise enemy demoman; speak vox/female/three"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy demoman; bind "tab" "disguise enemy medic; speak vox/female/four"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy medic; bind "tab" "disguise enemy heavyweapons; speak vox/female/five"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy heavyweapons; bind "tab" "disguise enemy pyro; speak vox/female/six"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy pyro; bind "tab" "disguise enemy spy; speak vox/female/seven"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy spy; bind "tab" "disguise enemy engineer; speak vox/female/eight"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy engineer; bind "tab" "disguise enemy sniper speak vox/female/nine"

I was trying to make a single button switch from sniper to engy, but it didn't quite work... I also tried making aliases like this:

alias escout "disguise enemy scout"
alias esniper "disguise enemy sniper"
alias esoldier "disguise enemy soldier"
alias edemoman "disguise enemy demoman"
alias emedic "disguise enemy medic"
alias ehwguy "disguise enemy hwguy"
alias epyro "disguise enemy pyro"
alias espy "disguise enemy spy"
alias eengi "disguise enemy engineer"
alias tscout "disguise friendly scout"
alias tsniper "disguise friendly sniper"
alias tsoldier "disguise friendly soldier"
alias tdemoman "disguise friendly demoman"
alias tmedic "disguise friendly medic"
alias thwguy "disguise friendly hwguy"
alias tpyro "disguise friendly pyro"
alias tspy "disguise friendly spy"
alias tengi "disguise friendly engineer"

And use those for the bind, but it still didn't work... I really want to get this right!

Last edited by Zess-; 09-17-2007 at 12:52 PM.

Old 09-17-2007, 12:51 PM   #7
PorkChopVII
The "other" white meat....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zess-
Thanks, I tried making a cycler but I messed up at the part where "binds cannot be in binds"... Was trying to do this (straight from my code):

unbind tab
bind "tab" "disguise enemy scout; bind "tab" "disguise enemy sniper; speak vox/female/one"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy sniper; bind "tab" "disguise enemy soldier; speak vox/female/two"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy soldier; bind "tab" "disguise enemy demoman; speak vox/female/three"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy demoman; bind "tab" "disguise enemy medic; speak vox/female/four"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy medic; bind "tab" "disguise enemy heavyweapons; speak vox/female/five"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy heavyweapons; bind "tab" "disguise enemy pyro; speak vox/female/six"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy pyro; bind "tab" "disguise enemy spy; speak vox/female/seven"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy spy; bind "tab" "disguise enemy engineer; speak vox/female/eight"
bind "tab" "disguise enemy engineer; bind "tab" "disguise enemy sniper speak vox/female/nine"
only problem with this is that it will just end up binding tab to disguise enemy engineer.

try this

bind tab "cycledisguise"

alias cycledisguise disguise1
alias disguise1 "disguise enemy scout; alias cycledisguise disguise2;speak vox/female/scout"
alias disguise2 "disguise enemy sniper; alias cycledisguise disguise3;speak vox/female/sniper"
alias disguise3 "disguise enemy soldier; alias cycledisguise disguise4;speak vox/female/soldier"
alias disguise4 "disguise enemy demoman; alias cycledisguise disguise5;speak vox/female/demoman"
alias disguise5 "disguise enemy medic; alias cycledisguise disguise6;speak vox/female/medic"
alias disguise6 "disguise enemy hwguy; alias cycledisguise disguise7;speak vox/female/heavyweapons"
alias disguise7 "disguise enemy pyro; alias cycledisguise disguise8; speak vox/female/pyro"
alias disguise8 "disguise enemy spy; alias cycledisguise disguise9;speak vox/female/spy"
alias disguise9 "disguise enemy engineer; alias cycledisguise disguise1;speak vox/female/engineer"

here will cycle through and disguise as your cycleing so end on sniper it will disguise to sniper.. now if you are wanting the tab key to be the cycle and another key to execute the disguise.. lemme know ill do that for ya
PorkChopVII is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-17-2007, 12:55 PM   #8
Zess-

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkChopVII
only problem with this is that it will just end up binding tab to disguise enemy engineer.

try this

<snip>

here will cycle through and disguise as your cycleing so end on sniper it will disguise to sniper.. now if you are wanting the tab key to be the cycle and another key to execute the disguise.. lemme know ill do that for ya
It does work! Thanks! Yeah, that would be nice, but would it take too much of your time? Because if that was possible, yeah, I would like that. Thank you so much for your help

Last edited by Zess-; 09-17-2007 at 07:27 PM.

Old 09-17-2007, 10:51 PM   #9
mogge

cl_cmprogresstime 0.1

what's that do?
mogge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-18-2007, 03:28 AM   #10
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Makes it so hovering over a menu option for one tenth of a second triggers it.

Old 09-18-2007, 03:35 AM   #11
jarek

same as my TFC setup modified for FF, great for left handers, but i use left hand on keyboard at a wierd slant w/ num pad

bind mouse1 +attack
bind mouse2 disguise enemy engineer
bind mwheeldown scloak
bind mwheelup cloak
bind mouse4 +voicerecord
bind mouse5 sentrysabotage
mouse3 = ventrillo

bind del slot2
bind end slot1
bind pgdn slot3
bind pgup slot4
bind kp_end +gren2
bind kp_leftarrow +gren1 (not sure if these are exactly correct im doing this from memory)

bind kp_downarrow +use
bind enter dropitems
bind \ "discard; disguise enemy soldier"
bind kp_ins +jump
bind ctrl +duck

and thats pretty much my TFC/FF config for spy, except mouse2 in tfc includes my super fast enemy spy->soldier script that apparently got banned recently
jarek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #12
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
Makes it so hovering over a menu option for one tenth of a second triggers it.
oh its that? i thought it was some mega fucking annoying bug! lol