Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #21
guy

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R00Kie View Post
Posting on current facebook and steam members is fine, but I think we need to reach out to new players more than we need to remind old ones we still exist.
On the last boost my target was:

Interest
First-person shooter games, Team Fortress 2 or Quake (series)
Other

guy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-28-2015, 06:57 PM   #22
JackBauer

Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
I'll set up an article about why anyone should give FF a chance, why it's refreshing and will also try to explain the game modes and/or classes a bit.

Will post it on my blog (which only reaches a low number of people yet), steam groups and facebook.

However it will be written in German though.

Last edited by JackBauer; 04-28-2015 at 07:00 PM.
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2015, 04:29 AM   #23
PHISH
Retired FF Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
as far as advertising I've always been intrigued at the potential of using this:
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/S...omeone_Special

100 bucks for a message broadcast to every single TF2 server, essentially. In terms of advertising effectiveness I think it would be 10x what facebook accomplishes, if you do it right.
PHISH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-29-2015, 02:12 PM   #24
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHISH View Post
as far as advertising I've always been intrigued at the potential of using this:
https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/S...omeone_Special

100 bucks for a message broadcast to every single TF2 server, essentially. In terms of advertising effectiveness I think it would be 10x what facebook accomplishes, if you do it right.
Uh, yeah. Broadcast to every tf2 server, where a large portion of people won't even notice the popup, many won't understand it's advertising, no real follow up to the hook. (links and shit to click.)

It's a good potential target audience, but it's not a good way to reach them imo.

Old 04-30-2015, 01:15 PM   #25
vatterin
David-

Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDA_Approved View Post
Uh, yeah. Broadcast to every tf2 server, where a large portion of people won't even notice the popup, many won't understand it's advertising, no real follow up to the hook. (links and shit to click.)

It's a good potential target audience, but it's not a good way to reach them imo.
I don't know. If you break it down. I found that there was around 2900 TF2 servers. Of that 2900 there are about 400 active servers. Of that 400 there is roughly (right now) 5-6 thousand players online. If we advertised this way and we only reached 1% of those players that's around 50 people. I'm low balling here too. So lets say we reach just 5% of that player base. That's around 500 people. Out of that 500 if we managed to just get 2% of that to stay. That's still 100 people. That is 100 more people we didn't have before. It is a stretch but 100 bucks can go a long way with this method in my opinion.

Last edited by vatterin; 04-30-2015 at 01:15 PM.
vatterin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-30-2015, 03:50 PM   #26
FDA_Approved
Beta Tester

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 293 Times
Do you know how that broadcast actually works though? It's a very small popup window that says something like "player A gave player B this dumb ring". Not only do you have to figure out how to advertise FF in that small format, (and hope nothing gets abbreviated, I'm not sure if it'll display long names in their entirety.) but you have to hope people actually understand it's an advertisement, AND what it's advertising. Then you have to hope that of their own volition they will seek out FF, without any links to media, the website, the steam page, or even knowing what they're searching for.