Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 08-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #1
ddm999
worst ff player eu

Class/Position: o - no, d - scout
Gametype: IvDZ
Posts Rated Helpful 18 Times
TimeSplitters, why the fuck isn't there a Source mod of it yet?

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE TIMESPLITTERS SOURCE THAT'D BE FUCKING AWESOME AND WAY FUCKING BETTER THAN GOLDENEYE AND IF SOMEONE COULD MAKE THE MAPMAKER TOO THAT'D BE FUCKING COOL AS SHIT I MEAN WHO THE FUCK WOULDN'T PLAY IT TIMESPLITTERS 1 WAS ESSENTIALLY GOLDENEYE EXCEPT WAY THE FUCK BETTER IN EVERY WAY AND FUCKING COOL AS SHIT MOTHERFUCKERS.

Uh, sorry about the caps. Hopefully I got my point across.

Y'know, the strange thing is, TimeSplitters is the only FPS on console that I can actually play and it feels good to control.

Then again, a new version of TimeSplitters may want to remove the fact that the auto-aim is hilariously powerful and that if someone is on the screen, you shoot them. :P

It's not like the single player would be hard either, seen as it's just Capture The Flag with enemies spawning.

I'd love to see particle effects of the Time Splitters spawning in when you have the flag. And to see all the player models in a newer form.

And it'd be funny as shit if it still had the same main menu where it says 1up 2up 3up 4up and you can only pick 1up. :PP

I still don't see why TimeSplitters has a copyright for Linux. What? That mean the menu system is a Linux OS, or some shit? Still the weirdest thing in the world.

Also, TimeSplitters and TimeSplitters 2 are the only games I own which run perfectly on PCSX2. Awesome.

All the bot setup, and the ability to create weapon sets was cool too.
So fucking cool. And still playable today. Shame there's no online multiplayer.

Even if someone made a mod of TS2, which got modernised and (in my opinion) worserer, because it wasn't as arcadey and had a story instead of kill people, get item, kill Time Splitters, run to exit, would be still awesome.

And the fact you got bonus player models and bot sets for beating levels in fast times was awesome too. The fact the singleplayer maps were just a linear route through a multiplayer level was awesome too, because you learnt the levels by playing the singleplayer.

Kinda sucked that you had to unlock the levels by beating the previous 3 in singleplayer, though. Still, it was rewarding, and a cool progression system.

By the way, did I mention that the MapMaker in TimeSplitters is the reason I make maps for FF?

It was the first map editor I had ever seen in a game.

Oh, and TimeSplitters was the first FPS I had ever seen.

So cool to think the best parts of my life I found in this game.

Dat MapMaker.