Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-04-2008, 11:01 PM   #81
TurboWolf

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to TurboWolf
Glitching is against the EULA? Even though I read it completely (YES, I WAS BORED WHEN I LAST FORMATTED CAUSE I HAD TO WAIT THE DOWNLOADING TIMES), I didn't read that. Maybe I missed it, could you point this bit out?
TurboWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM   #82
paranoidkirb

Class/Position: O/D Pyro
Gametype: Invade and Defend
Send a message via AIM to paranoidkirb Send a message via MSN to paranoidkirb Send a message via Yahoo to paranoidkirb Send a message via Skype™ to paranoidkirb
Quote:
Originally Posted by battery
It's very important to note that blocking your own team's spawn is considered glitching.
I've never heard anyone use that word to describe griefing.

Quote:
The programmers intend to disallow sentry gun inside spawn area, and thus they program a restricted area there.
Kinda. It's really up to the mapper to put a "noannoyances" where he doesn't want a sentry gun build.

Quote:
Unfortunately, their code was not perfect, and sentry can still be built in that restricted area.
Er...what? The sentry gun isn't built in a restricted area. It's built in an area right outside the door where the "noannoyances" is absent.

Quote:
Mygot members and other griefers make use of that glitch to rage the server. Glitching is a violation against the EULA. If you exploit glitch on TFC, Valve has the right to treat you like a regular cheater.
The griefing is still not a glitch and it's not in the EULA. Plus, you know bunnyhopping in TFC? Yeah, that's a physics glitch.

Quote:
Putting nades in front of spawn is a different matter. It's allowed by design.
And then by your logic, so is putting a sentry in front of spawn.

Quote:
There is no mechanism set to prevent players from dropping nades in front of enemy spawn doors. Some people consider this as lame tactic.
Well, there is a previously mentioned mechanism that currently prevents nades (and sentry guns) to go into spawn that could be put directly outside of the spawn....
paranoidkirb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 AM   #83
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Noannoyances causes grenades no to explode and sentry to not be built.

Old 01-05-2008, 12:54 PM   #84
mixer
Interzone technican

resup/spawn-spamming was usual playing tactics in qwtf/etf/q3f ... noone really objected against it, it was used in clan and pickup-matches. Since there was no bh-cap the solider-class was used in offence and throwing their (in qwtf/etf/q3f very strong) nailgrens at the resup-doors (the forthcoming changes to FF may lead to that kind of nailspam again ...). That was extremely annoying since you couldnt hear the grens until you opend the door ... once open your were stuck in a nailgren. Some mappers countered this using spam-traps, all grens, but well timed nail-grens, simply disappeared. It was a good idea and maybe ff-mappers will do the same. I had the idea of giving a respawed player a few seconds of invulnerability, or simply more doors to the resup. Resup-spam does the job of giving the off a few seconds of time, so there shouldnt be a rule against it. Just discourage players using it ...

About the gas-grens ... why not incorporate good ideas from other fortress-incarnations? in ETF the pyro could burn away the gas, ... very nice!

Last edited by mixer; 01-05-2008 at 01:08 PM.
mixer is offline   Reply With Quote