o_saintrancid-tpf-

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
finally bruce willis will be in soomething good
o_saintrancid-tpf- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 02:15 PM   #22
o_jinx

the new media looks great!

Will there be a chat transcript up soon?

Just noticed the shoulder pads on the soldier.. how the one on his right (our left) is designed to help support the rocket launcher
o_jinx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 02:19 PM   #23
o_puppychow

AWESOMEO-5000

only comment: i like the older look of the solly. lips could use some work....great job!!
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 02:23 PM   #24
o_angsta

IMO the gl/pl is too small... other than the size; cool

The Soldier model is looking pretty good, I think he needs a little bit of something, but can't really tell what it is.

The Hunted is looking ok atm, although I don't like the buildings in the Yard-pic..

Keep it coming
o_angsta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #25
o_sensai

i think its the facial expression of the soldier that gets me. it looks so droopy, he looks like he wants to cry or something, or shoot his rl point blank into the nearest wall.
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:00 PM   #26
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Hmmm. Soldier looks old and his beret seems really really tight. Other than that, excellent.

GL/PL does seem a bit stubby, but the skin looks great. The hands are nice and just generic enough to work, but will they be team-colored at all?

Hunted's coming along nicely, although the hall at the end of the alley is bizarrely shaped (looks like a Super Mario mushroom)*, hopefully it's still wide enough to move around in, and by the looks of it yon Trepids didn't make the ramped edge that goes all the way across the yard come all the way around to the other side of the ramp exiting the bodyguard spawn at the corner, which is a major spot for Snipers trying to take potshots at the Hunted as he's exiting the ramp. A road's cutting through it now. (Hint: maybe an overpass?) Also, back to the alley, I notice there's no "fire escape" up to the top of the ruins? Used to be able to MIRV-jump an HWGuy up there and wreck up the Snipers a bit to let the Civvie through the ruins. Now it's just a bridge over the alley. I quite like the bridge idea, it gives Snipers a quick way to the ruins and also a new perch to fire from, but I miss the fire escape... Again with the alley, by the looks of it the ridges poking out of the sides of the brick building are gonna wreck up the Civvie's ability to dodge fire in an already small space, and that rubble looks like it won't be helpful either, although presumably it's clipped over.

Here's hoping it plays better than I expect.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:02 PM   #27
o_shaggy

Wowzers!!! I'm more excited about this update over the last one. It's probably due to the fact you've finally modelled my fav class :P Ya I have to agree with yorin, the fist is a tad cartoonish, but everything else on him is an A+.
On the Hunted revised version of the front yard, you've removed the crates. I'm not sure if that's a good idea. The crates gave the snipers an extra place to hide, but more importantly, it gave coverage for the sewer hole, that is now just out in the open. Anyways, other then that, the hunted, is looking great.
Finally, the in game hands and grenade launcher looks great. One question though, will you be using the same grenade launcher for both types of pipes? If so, how will the transfer from one to another take place?

Anyways gj guys
o_shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:07 PM   #28
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
^ They've said the yard's not finished. Crates will probably be added.

Also, it looks like the GL/PL will do the same switch as last time, by lowering that whatsit at the top with the currently-unskinned teeth.

Old 10-05-2005, 03:15 PM   #29
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

I don't have time for a big reply, but uhh...

Going from the white building to the other ledge is of concern, but there's a thing or two left unseen in the picture.

We took the fire escape out in lieu of trying something new, and we'll see how that goes.

Edges/trimes/whatever in the alley will be adjusted/corrected at a later time. Right now, we just wanted to provide the means to get from the alley to the top of building one, as you could in the original.

That hallway down there may get redone in the end because it's old and just, yeah, who knows.

We're waiting on some custom props and what not to fill out the road in front of building one, and for all we know some of that out there may change in the future anyway.

Alrighty, I'ma go fail a Lin Alg test, who wants to come with me?

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:15 PM   #30
o_kam

[12:06 AM] <Cheffington|a> die hard: sd2 ramp
LOL
o_kam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #31
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebo
Also the soldier is normal mapped, the rest of the characters will also be normal mapped.
Glad to see you changed your mind; it will make the models look 10x better

The Bruce Willis look for the Soldier is excellent.
I'm not sure why people are saying his hands are oversized; he's wearing thick gloves, after all.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:21 PM   #32
o_sensai

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8919/contrast4sv.jpg

So why the change in PL/GL models?
o_sensai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #33
o_rp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
I'm not sure why people are saying his hands are oversized; he's wearing thick gloves, after all.
Well, he should switch to nomex then :P
o_rp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #34
o_vampiricus

Re: Update: Soldier, GL/PL, Hunted, Live Interview Abound

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriedBunny
Firstly, the boys over at GameSurge Radio (#gamesurgeradio, guess which network) will be interviewing our own Kelly 'Dospac' Dickinson this coming Wednesday (October 5th) at 7PM PST (10PM EST, 2AM GMT). Head on over to their IRC channel and quite possibly ask some questions of Kellypac while he's on the air!

I look forward to this! I would also like to be on #fortressforever but the +r is not allowing me to, please change this thank you
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #35
o_ivaqual

about the change for the g/p launcher : i'm guessing it's because of how the models hold the weapons. maybe the handle clipped with the shoulder or something, and also the long barrell also tended to clip too much with walls, etc..

just a guess though, it's a shame though because i like the old version better
o_ivaqual is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #36
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Re: Update: Soldier, GL/PL, Hunted, Live Interview Abound

Quote:
Originally Posted by VampiricuS
I look forward to this! I would also like to be on #fortressforever but the +r is not allowing me to, please change this thank you
They're not going to; you need register with Authserv, like so:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx
have you tried registering?

http://www.gamesurge.net/createaccount/

and this gives you the info on authing etc.:
http://www.gamesurge.net/newuser/

And about the PL: My guess is that the 1st person model was modified to look and feel better. The PL was probably too long, and the stock was not visible in 1st person view, so why include it?
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:39 PM   #37
o_g4m3r

WOW!!!!!!!!!

it's AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just wonder...When will this mod be released? 5 points!
o_g4m3r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 04:40 PM   #38
o_darknight

I have to say the soldier model looks amazing! And to those that are against the 'Bruce Willis' look, I imagine that a good deal of his face is going to be hidden behind the solly war paint. I don't really get how his fists look oversized - tough guys like him have big fists, they help him in handling his massive cylinder shaped weapon.

I like the GL/PL and Hunted is making seemingly good progress.
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 04:54 PM   #39
o_silent

why didn't you send this media update to hl2 site like hlfallout and halflife2.net?
o_silent is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 PM   #40
o_puppychow

they prolly did

not like it's instant...
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote