Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #41
o_returner

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krum
Public servers have always been like that, if you want to play a different kind of team fortress classic, get into a clan and make sure its in a well-established league, then you will find out how good the game is
I've never been really comfortable in clans, and I think that the quality of a game is completely dependent on its public servers. If a game doesn't work in public, it doesn't work at all. Besides, I doubt that there are many quality clans left here, and who would even take me?
o_returner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2005, 08:10 PM   #42
o_catzeyes93

I remember back on the won system there was like... hm.. what... like 3000 servers playing tfc? And now there are about.. hm... like 900? So yeah I suppose you could say it is dying, but then again this has been a 'no information available' game for the past 5 years.

Still... with the nine hundred or so servers to pick from, there is no way I am gonna be able to burn thru all of those servers. I have about 5 that I go into on a regular basis, but I still go into others if they are playing the right map. If there is gameplay going on that I dont agree with, so what... I go on to the next one. I still have a great time and I am never bored.

So when you say it is dying... perhaps we need a definition of what 'dying' means to you. Lower number of servers? yeah.. but the number of servers available is STILL a humongus number.

Lower number of players? heck... there are still MANY times I am trying to get into a server and I cant cuz it is full...

Popularity is going down? well, I suppose that is true, but I revert back to what I said before... what else would you expect on a game that has a zero info to go on for the past 5 years? EESH.. there are console systems that have been born and died faster than that, but we are all still here creating kewl new things.

I am thinking the community is basically waiting for the good stuff to come, and until then, some of us have basically gotten a life. But that doesnt mean we wont be back....
o_catzeyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2005, 08:27 PM   #43
o_lillbrorsan

TFC aint dead! I play it every day
o_lillbrorsan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2005, 06:43 PM   #44
o_donut

If people are still playing the game, it's not dead. If there are still leagues for the game with many active clans, it's not dead. The game isn't what it used to be because it's old, but that doesn't mean that it's dead. When a game is dead, doesnt that mean that nobody plays it? If the game is "dead" to you, then stop playing, as it's more than alive for many of us.
o_donut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2005, 06:55 PM   #45
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut
If the game is "dead" to you, then stop playing, as it's more than alive for many of us.
Three available servers seems pretty dead to me, yes. They are all Wireplay's, one of them runs 2fort, the other runs well and the third has some classic maps. I've never seen ravelin online, and the last time I played hunted or warpath was two years ago or something.

Old 01-25-2005, 07:18 PM   #46
o_puppy_chow

Sentimental Bullplop!

So many comments: "wah, ppl didnt spam and camp in the past like they do now...wah"...

You always have jerks who camp and spawn infect etc...actually its part of the game imo....95% of the time I'm a legit player, but if I've had a bad day and am feeling naughty, sometimes I play a little dirty too...it's fun...TFC is a fun fast comical game and should be treated as such.

Are there as many servers as there used to be? No, but there still are some great ones left, with long time dedicated players.....

Frenchys Low G Pit is awesome! Always jammin till at least 2am est and nice server side tweaks. Admins who actually kick bad behavior players too...check it out..
o_puppy_chow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2005, 07:57 PM   #47
o_silver

frenchy's is alright but some admins r alittle ban happy there. but moving on, tfc aint dead, sure some places r no more, and some r not as popuilated as they once were, and sure there r about 1/4 of the servers there once were, but the mere fact that we r here on this forum means it isn't dead.

as to your 3 servers open, i'm not sure what is up with that cuz when go on i find a shit load more. weird location maybe? i dunno
o_silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2005, 08:51 PM   #48
o_dru(gd)ealer

Quote:
And NEOTF? Gimme a break. Some acid trippin freaks idea of TFC....It's dirty and unworthy.
Don't give us druggies credit for this, that's embarassing.

And on TFC dying.

Dead: No longer in existence, use, or operation
o_dru(gd)ealer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #49
o_silver

i'm gonna put that on my tombstone when i die, "No Longer In Operation"

Old 01-25-2005, 11:01 PM   #50
o_michael

I try to stick to clan servers when there open to the public because if the right people are on its run in a clan match sort of way
o_michael is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2005, 11:09 PM   #51
o_catzeyes93

Quote:
Originally Posted by Returner
Three available servers seems pretty dead to me, yes.
How exactly are you running those filters? How the heck are you only getting three servers listed when everyone else is getting hundreds to choose from?

Old 01-27-2005, 01:27 AM   #52
o_legis

It's the location. In northern europe the number of servers have decreased dramatically, and so has the number of players. There are a hand full servers worth playing on today.

When we look at the server list in Steam we get about 20 servers with a ping below 120. 12 of these are empty, 4 run bots only, and the rest of the 4 have pretty decent play if you're lucky.
o_legis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2005, 01:30 AM   #53
o_wookiee

For me the best way to find a good game of TFC was just to play on the Clan servers. I used to love the SanDawgs server. Those guys rocked. I haven't played regularly for a while, but can't wait to see this mod come out as I have high hopes that it will spark some interest and hopefully revitalize the TFC community.

From the looks of that Shutdown map, these guys are well on their way to delivering up the goods on what has been my all time favorite MP game.

Cheers.
o_wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2005, 02:57 PM   #54
o_gunslinger

You must be in a different northern europe to me if that's all you get on those filters.
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2005, 04:14 PM   #55
o_storm

TFC died a couple of years ago :P Its been brain dead and on life support since then
o_storm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2005, 05:59 PM   #56
o_legis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunslinger
You must be in a different northern europe to me if that's all you get on those filters.
Probably since I am in Sweden.
o_legis is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-2005, 07:46 PM   #57
o_catzeyes93

ah ha... I see then. THAT is why you think TFC is dead. Here in the states we have pleanty of servers to choose from. I would expect that this will change for you soon. Now that HL2 is out, the makers can look to getting the rest of the pieces together, so I bet you will find more servers eventually.

Old 01-27-2005, 08:19 PM   #58
o_silver

don't know what to say to u dude, your area sux. bad luck there

Old 01-27-2005, 10:12 PM   #59
o_zeroclash

try our server at dva.gaming-tv.com. Bots only come on to fill the server when its kinda empty and plenty of good players come in.
o_zeroclash is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #60
o_returner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatzEyes93
How exactly are you running those filters? How the heck are you only getting three servers listed when everyone else is getting hundreds to choose from?
I skip servers that have a high latency and servers that are always manned by bots. The end result is somewhere between 3 to 5 servers... seems to be 3.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy chow
Frenchys Low G Pit is awesome! Always jammin till at least 2am est and nice server side tweaks. Admins who actually kick bad behavior players too...check it out..
Admins are a Bad Thing. Most of them are childish control freaks who micromanage every aspect of the game.