Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 02-20-2007, 12:13 PM   #101
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxtrick
Maybe its me but I was more concerned of trimping than bhopping being a form of cheating or something, but then again I quit the game pretty much when it started to get popular(not because of that mind)
I think you're remembering "chopping" which is something else again; repeatedly crouching when you hit the ground from a conc to keep the speed. Trimping wasn't ever in TFC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miek
those who are anti bhop = newbs without clue
those who can = understand the game mechanics. it's not that difficult to grasp why teles fuck up the flow of the game.

discuss
What's to discuss? This is Gospel.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 12:24 PM   #102
o_agret

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
What is trimping exactly? I'm not familiar with it.
o_agret is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 01:04 PM   #103
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost

Not necessarily. It also includes those who don't want to bhop just to have fun playing TFC. Uncapped bhopping is what many anti-bhopping players think of when they talk about bunnyhopping.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 01:46 PM   #104
o_coalesce

bhop has been around since quake... which is where i learned it.

teleporters came with steam and they completely unbalance the game.

bhop is a skill you have to practice at least a little bit to be any kind of good at it. building a teleporter in the enemy flag room and building a sg and a dispenser takes no skill other than knowing what command menu option to click on.

bhop only unbalances the game because there are SOME who do not know how to do it... just like there are SOME who cannot rocket jump yet and SOME who cannot even throw grenades or even strafe. you wouldn't remove all the grenades just because some people haven't learned how to throw them yet? no? or you wouldn't make rocket jumping a cheat just because a few people haven't figure that out yet. so you have all these cry babies crying about "bhop is cheating." newflash! it isn't. if it were not meant to be there it would be disabled like it is on Drippys server.

teleporteres were never in tf until steam decided to put them there... enough said. and another thing i notice is, when you see a "bhopper" in a public server, you have people who cry about it... but when those crying idiots build a teleporter the bhopper doesn't cry, he just goes and kicks their ass and has his fun.

ok i have to pee.
o_coalesce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2007, 02:45 PM   #105
o_darksoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost

Not necessarily. It also includes those who don't want to bhop just to have fun playing TFC. Uncapped bhopping is what many anti-bhopping players think of when they talk about bunnyhopping.
not necessarily, but probably

of course you don't have to bunnyhop to have fun in tfc, but really, how long does it take to learn? after say ~10hours? its second nature. anti bunnyhop would be with reference to the eejits who go on about battlerabbits. also if people still think that bhop is uncapped, then they really, really don't have a clue

ps. still playing poker mike? could do with a game!
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote