Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 04-01-2008, 11:26 PM   #1
Agent_W
The Black Shield

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
TFC Legends:The Soldier of Dread

Guys...

I just remembered...

A long time ago in TFC, I was playing against a powerful soldier whose name was 'RedSabre'. I'm not even sure if that's his exact name as is, but it had 'Red' and 'Sabre' in it. But here, I'm talking about a soldier of DREAD.

It was like he had no equal in deathmatch. I was killed by this guy many, many times, no matter what class I picked. And what's worse is that he would taunt and insult you too. "Foolish spy", "Weakling HW", to name a few. He was really wicked with the RPG and it was Hell trying to fight him.

We were in the Well, up on the flag chamber catwalk. He was Red and I was Blue, and it was just the two of us. I recall having a buddy on my team, but that was it. Three people on a server really LATE at night.

I think I did manage to kill him once, but he patronized me in some real asshatish way. I haven't forgotten this soldier, despite that I haven't seen him since then.

'RedSabre' is the perfect example of a dread knight. He knew his shit in and out, and really fights dirty. Thus, I considered him to be a real bad elitist. Nobody would want to play with this guy, at least back then in the TFC days.

IF anyone of you here in this FF community is the 'RedSabre', I want to tell you that you were a very powerful soldier, but you could have spared me the insults and patronizing lol. I was still new to TFC and since I played on dial-up, my ping sucked.

Otherwise, has anyone heard of 'RedSabre'? Does anyone know him personally? I wanted to share this legend because now that I'm back into the TF series with FF, I have a feeling I may see this 'RedSabre' again.

P.S.: If you are reading this, 'RedSabre', you won't find me the newb with high ping this time. Foolish spy? Heh...with just one tranq and a backstab, you will already know what I will say then, "Foolish soldier"
Agent_W is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2008, 10:50 AM   #2
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
I think I played a few games against him, do you know what server he used to hang on?

I believe it was the Jolt.uk servers.

Ah..good time.
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
You probably wouldn't remember him if he hadn't talked all that smack.

And from what you said about him, he's certainly earned the right to do it. Mouth, here are the checks. My body has cashed them.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2008, 07:44 PM   #4
Agent_W
The Black Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
I think I played a few games against him, do you know what server he used to hang on?

I believe it was the Jolt.uk servers.

Ah..good time.
Jolt.uk? I don't often see people on that server, let alone 'RedSabre' himself. I'll keep an eye out for him though. This is what I plan to do: I'd like to ask him if he remembered me because of that fateful night...where Agent_W, the 'Black Shield', got battered so hard. Not suggesting to continue a feud, the player might actually be a cool guy. And just like every other cool guy I meet on FF, we all poke fun and bullshit each other and have a good time

To Ihmhi: Yeah, I do believe that his smack talkin' helped to remember who that was. But then again, the SKILL and the POWER is just as memorable. He had no fear. I have never met a soldier like that ever! A full team of 10-15 'RedSabres' would equal overkill and uBeR PWNAGE in clan and league play!

Well, it's hard to say if he "earned the right" to say such stuff. I mean, he entitled to say whatever, but it was really getting down to newb-crushing. A vet or elite level person completely PWNing a newb is not saying much. If I equaled him in that respect, then yes.

And damn, I don't think I actually did anything to piss him off either. The occurrence was totally random.

Old 04-02-2008, 09:01 PM   #5
Hammock
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 13 Times
Memories are a fickle subject, you should read into them sometime. I've watched a bunch of shows on discovery channel and other places on them. One show was a test, they took a bunch of hikers out on a hike (without telling them the true purpose of the test), and then quizzed them on the things they saw and remembered (they staged some stuff like a guy with a gun mugging someone and other crap like that). It was almost a 100% failure rate for everyone on the hike.

That said, overtime what we remember, is not nescessarily what really happened, the further back in time, the worse our memory gets and the more our brain will subconciously make up new memories to replace it. So you won't actually think you're lying telling a story about the past, you'll pass a lie detector test infact because what you think you're saying you think is true, but might not be that accurate.

So, you could have quite possibley ran into an experienced player, but like you stated you were a noob. Look how easy it is for you right now to kill noobs, seriously the only reason they really get kills is through the chaos, but 1v1 a noob rarely get's kills on a vet with any class.

Reason you remember him so well is because he smack talked you, sure he was good, but probably not as godly as you might think you remember.
Hammock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-02-2008, 11:24 PM   #6
cownaetion
Wizard of Milk

Send a message via ICQ to cownaetion Send a message via AIM to cownaetion Send a message via MSN to cownaetion Send a message via Yahoo to cownaetion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock
So, you could have quite possibley ran into an experienced player, but like you stated you were a noob. Look how easy it is for you right now to kill noobs, seriously the only reason they really get kills is through the chaos, but 1v1 a noob rarely get's kills on a vet with any class.
Not only that, your trying to duel on a CTF map in a class-based game. Regardless, there are tons of people who suck in a 1v1 on say mulch or any other-like map but when playing positional in a team game are just rock-solid at playing their role. Vice versa is also true of course.
cownaetion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2008, 05:26 PM   #7
Agent_W
The Black Shield

Yes, but my long term memory is really, really GOOD, far better than my short term.

It was just something that stuck really well. I gave the most accurate account to the best of my memory. So I know I'm not making any of this stuff up.

That's why I called it a legend, just for that purpose, because other people may not have met this guy before.

I really don't doubt my memories, especially if I have them recorded such as in a journal.

Old 04-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_W
I really don't doubt my memories, especially if I have them recorded such as in a journal.

What he was saying is that the guy could have been your average copper or silver soldier and could easily drape anyone in pubs.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2008, 06:49 PM   #9
fireb0rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent_W
And what's worse is that he would taunt and insult you too. "Foolish spy", "Weakling HW", to name a few. He was really wicked with the RPG and it was Hell trying to fight him.
anyone else lol at this?
fireb0rn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I had a friend who played in STA. Don't remember what division.

I would be playing on a server, and I would have the flag or something. Going great, blazing past everybody.

All of a sudden, this Soldier would come flying out of fucking nowhere, drop my ass, and we'd lose the cap. Then my friend would laugh at me and log out.

Sometimes I hate you, [SNAFU]TenchiMasaki.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2008, 11:58 PM   #11
Agent_W
The Black Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge

What he was saying is that the guy could have been your average copper or silver soldier and could easily drape anyone in pubs.
Yeah...if that was the case, I would have leveraged what little power I had then to kill him a few more times.

I rarely see soldiers like that even now...although I do recall Nukem. He's pretty damn good n' wicked with the RPG.