Old 01-31-2009, 07:02 PM   #101
Junkhead
Bacon haxor

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to Junkhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by EquilibriuM View Post
I say put wheels on the mofo SG so it can chase the scouts medic's etc. lmao! If im getting shit for this post plz remove it. lol
As an addition for this, I request an additional class, the "Fresh Prince". He would have a gun that turns people upside down, and would have a beatbox that blares his theme song. When the enemy hears the theme song, their character gets a conc-like screen moving effect, with motion blur, as their head is moving to the beat. When the enemy can't hear the music anymore, the song is stuck in their head and continues playing. Also, the Fresh Prince would have a gun to transport people to Bel Air.

Also, when people attack the Fresh Prince, they say "We're up to no good!" in chat. Oh and when an enemy leaves the Fresh Prince's range, or is killed, he says "Yo holmes, smell ya later!" in chat.
Junkhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-01-2009, 11:09 PM   #102
Crazycarl
D&A Member
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 31 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Junkhead View Post
As an addition for this, I request an additional class, the "Fresh Prince". He would have a gun that turns people upside down, and would have a beatbox that blares his theme song. When the enemy hears the theme song, their character gets a conc-like screen moving effect, with motion blur, as their head is moving to the beat. When the enemy can't hear the music anymore, the song is stuck in their head and continues playing. Also, the Fresh Prince would have a gun to transport people to Bel Air.

Also, when people attack the Fresh Prince, they say "We're up to no good!" in chat. Oh and when an enemy leaves the Fresh Prince's range, or is killed, he says "Yo holmes, smell ya later!" in chat.
PUT THIS IN THE FEATURE TRACKER so we don't forget it!!!!

Old 02-03-2009, 09:12 PM   #103
richard nixon

I would like anything to change as long as it brought more people. When FF came out I played it everyday for hours. After awhile it dipped in popularity. and soon after I finally bought TF2.

Every new patch I try to come back again and feel bored. Seems like, since there are so little people playing, the teams are always horribly stacked or no one is talking. Or, not even doing the objective. Then other times I get annoyed by server owners. Yes it's their server and we should all abide by their rules but they should chill out a bit since the player base is already very very low.

I really hope that FF get's on Steam sooner than later, since it brought a lot of people to other mods such as Insurgency, DIPRIP, and Zombie Panic.
richard nixon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-2009, 10:06 PM   #104
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Take away the medics super powers. The nail gun is too powerful, concs speed is too fast and he is too fast with circle strafing a sentry gun.

But I know that this will never happen.

From day 1 the medic has been over powered. People have complained about this, and the developers have done nothing.

From the very second this game was released it was tilted towards medics and scouts. the scouts have been changed up, but the medics are still too powerful.
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 12:31 AM   #105
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On

Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
If anything is OP it's Pyro and his homosexual 20 ft. flame.
PartialSchism is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 03:17 AM   #106
Toastie

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
eliminate death-beeps, or at least allow those death-beeps to not apply on spies. The death-beeps not going off give away a spy who tries to fake a death

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard nixon View Post
Then other times I get annoyed by server owners. Yes it's their server and we should all abide by their rules but they should chill out a bit since the player base is already very very low.
I feel you there man. The nazi admins, i wont name names, but they are severely detrimental to the game.
Toastie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 03:20 AM   #107
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toastie View Post
eliminate death-beeps, or at least allow those death-beeps to not apply on spies. The death-beeps not going off give away a spy who tries to fake a death
id like it if loud cloak played a beep to people within X units of the spy cloaking.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 03:22 AM   #108
Toastie

it plays the sound of them dying... you could just replace it with a custom .wav that beeps instead?

I know that would make every death beep, but to make a seperate beep for loud cloaking would be a very very bad idea. It takes away the spies ability again, to fake his death

Old 02-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #109
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard nixon View Post
I would like anything to change as long as it brought more people. When FF came out I played it everyday for hours. After awhile it dipped in popularity. and soon after I finally bought TF2.

Every new patch I try to come back again and feel bored. Seems like, since there are so little people playing, the teams are always horribly stacked or no one is talking. Or, not even doing the objective. Then other times I get annoyed by server owners. Yes it's their server and we should all abide by their rules but they should chill out a bit since the player base is already very very low.

I really hope that FF get's on Steam sooner than later, since it brought a lot of people to other mods such as Insurgency, DIPRIP, and Zombie Panic.
its at the top of the agenda, sir
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 04:28 PM   #110
CaLeB-
Whitest Kid You Know
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
That spy/death-beep issue isn't much of an... issue. Usually, people would look up at the death notifier anyway to make sure they've killed a player.

Old 02-04-2009, 07:57 PM   #111
Toastie

shrug, its just a very dumb, unnecessary addition. At least without the death-beeps you had to do exactly that, look at the top right of the screen... KNOW who the spy was... and get it right. But now, just listen for the beep.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:18 PM   #112
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaLeB- View Post
That spy/death-beep issue isn't much of an... issue. Usually, people would look up at the death notifier anyway to make sure they've killed a player.
its essentially nerfed the tranq+circlestrafe+loud cloak combo. before the death beep, you could tranq someone and attack them while circlestrafing them, then throw your ragdoll out when they shoot you so they thought they killed you. they cant look up to see if youre really dead because theyre tranwed, so that could lead to some sneaky backstabbing and such. now, if it doesnt beep, they know you arent dead, even though they cant see the death notice thinger.
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 08:34 PM   #113
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
Medics are still too powerful.
I lol'd. Medic is one of the more balanced classes in Fortress Forever. The developers have probably done nothing about this supposed 'problem' because it doesn't exist for them. The Medic is an offensive support class.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #114
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss View Post
its essentially nerfed the tranq+circlestrafe+loud cloak combo. before the death beep, you could tranq someone and attack them while circlestrafing them, then throw your ragdoll out when they shoot you so they thought they killed you. they cant look up to see if youre really dead because theyre tranwed, so that could lead to some sneaky backstabbing and such. now, if it doesnt beep, they know you arent dead, even though they cant see the death notice thinger.
That's why in the beta I ask for a fake beep to be produce when you cloak but I guess no one notice it :/

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2009, 10:57 PM   #115
Satyr000

While I'm not much of a spy player, I'd kind of like to see the cloak changed a bit. The thing I that when I need to to work it never does. I.e. trying to lose the guy running behind me when I have 20 heath or less left. Since typically I'm on the run they can see me cloaked after the fake body hits the floor. You got about a 5% chance of not getting your head blown off.

Given the fact that 20hp is about one super shotgun blast away from death, it be nice to have the cloak go as invisible as standing still for at least a couple sec. Giving the spy a chance to make it around the corner close to him or mount some sort of attack.

Last edited by Satyr000; 02-05-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Satyr000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2009, 02:07 AM   #116
ensiform
Time Lord, Doctor
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Engineer
Gametype: CTF
Better auto reload management (like previously mentioned with 3 possibilities, current system for value of 1 but maybe fixed version of it, 2 sets reload immediately when clip empty, value of 3 sets firing when clip is empty).

Fix pipe detonation command delay to check for ALL pipe timestamps rather than newest and detonate all that are valid beyond delay.

Old 02-11-2009, 09:31 PM   #117
Volbia

Class/Position: Soldier / Sniper
Gametype: CTF/rocketjump
slow down scouts with conc its becoming impossible to stop. i had a game today where 4 sentry guns couldnt defend the flag. its just beyond belief.
Volbia is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 01:28 AM   #118
Junkhead
Bacon haxor

Send a message via MSN to Junkhead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volbia View Post
slow down scouts with conc its becoming impossible to stop. i had a game today where 4 sentry guns couldnt defend the flag. its just beyond belief.
Agreed. Slowing down scouts, or decreasing the lock-on time for sentries should solve the problem, I think.
Junkhead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 02:56 AM   #119
Sidd
Lua Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss View Post
its essentially nerfed the tranq+circlestrafe+loud cloak combo.
Disable death beep when tranqed
Sidd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2009, 03:25 PM   #120
CatzEyes93
Black Mesa Voice Actor

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Leave everything the way it is, except slow down the speed of all classes by 50%. (You heard me... 50%) Right now it just looks like everyone is on super speed being moved around a playing board like characters attached to pop sickle sticks.

My apologies for stating what I know is going to be flamed to a crisp.
CatzEyes93 is offline   Reply With Quote