Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 10-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #61
o_voipme

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I dunno...there's only been about 4 or so of us regularly posting in here. Perhaps we should open up the discussion to pro as well? See if we gather any more interest.
o_voipme is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 02:39 AM   #62
o_fathom

well, just a sports section... Not really just college football. I know alot of people on these forums like Soccer... Football if you prefer.

But seriously.... I have ran out of things to talk about on the rest of the Forum. Only so much you can relate to TFC.
o_fathom is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 AM   #63
o_tennovan

TEXAS TECH!
o_tennovan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 03:17 PM   #64
o_shaggy

Bah, STUPID ALABAMA....MY SWORN ENEMIES I hope LSU will revenge my gators in the upcoming weeks :P Ya I can't believe how Ala picked UF apart. Ala QB played the best game of his life and Leaks played perhaps the worst. Anyways GG to Ala.

So tell me what yall think about this week. I'll give you my thoughts tomorrow.
o_shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-05-2005, 04:58 PM   #65
o_voipme

If any of the top 4 move at all, I'll be utterly stunned. Here's the games I'm watching (besides the top 4) and my picks:

(5) Georgia vs (8) Tennessee - Tennessee
Looking at the schedules, Tennessee has had a much tougher season thus far, and they've had some hard wins against some good teams. Georgia, on the other hand, has only played against 1 ranked team. They've murdered everyone they have played, though. I'm feeling Georgia won't be ready to play against a decent team, and will be way cocky off their 4-0 record.

(6) Ohio State vs. (16) Penn State - Penn State
Its sheer numbers here. Penn State has more everything.

(10) Cal vs. (20) UCLA - Cal
This is gonna be a close one. Both teams have been playing well, so it should be a doozy. Sticking with Cal for historical reasons.

(25) Oregon vs (17) Arizona State - Arizona State
Arizona State is gonna be pissed off about losing to USC. I'm fearing for Oregon.

And for giggles...

Duke vs. Miami - Duke, cause they're like...the best... :D

Old 10-05-2005, 05:26 PM   #66
o_tennovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by voipme
If any of the top 4 move at all, I'll be utterly stunned. Here's the games I'm watching (besides the top 4) and my picks:

(5) Georgia vs ( Tennessee - Tennessee
Looking at the schedules, Tennessee has had a much tougher season thus far, and they've had some hard wins against some good teams. Georgia, on the other hand, has only played against 1 ranked team. They've murdered everyone they have played, though. I'm feeling Georgia won't be ready to play against a decent team, and will be way cocky off their 4-0 record.

(6) Ohio State vs. (16) Penn State - Penn State
Its sheer numbers here. Penn State has more everything.

(10) Cal vs. (20) UCLA - Cal
This is gonna be a close one. Both teams have been playing well, so it should be a doozy. Sticking with Cal for historical reasons.

(25) Oregon vs (17) Arizona State - Arizona State
Arizona State is gonna be pissed off about losing to USC. I'm fearing for Oregon.

And for giggles...

Duke vs. Miami - Duke, cause they're like...the best...
Rofl I have to almost take the opposite. Georgia, Ohio State, UCLA, and Arizona State would be my picks. UCLA has been on a tear and Cal has shown they can be dragged down with a good offense and decent defense. And Arizona State is better than 17, dunno why they have them ranked so low. I would say around 12 or 13... same case with Texas Tech 15 in the USA Today polls is horrendous, they should be like 10

Old 10-06-2005, 03:07 PM   #67
o_shaggy

God after a devestating week, last week I hate to give my thoughts LOL.

Tennesse over Georgia - Let me tell ya why. Both teams are mediocre on O, but Tennesse has like the 4th rank D in the nation, or something like that. I think it's going to be a low scoring game but at the end of the game, Vols line of scrimage will win it for them.

OSU over Penn State - This will be the most exciting game this weekend. I think both teams have been performing well, and it's hard to pick a fav. Infact right now there is only a 3 point spread for OSU.

CAL over UCLA - Take it back, this may be the best game of the week LOL. Both teams have a superb offense, the question isn't who will stop who. But who will outscore the other. Believe it or not, UCLA are favored by 1.5 points.

ASU over Oregon - ASU should of beaten LSU and had a great chance to beat USC. I don't see Oregon beating such a powerful team.

Old 10-06-2005, 06:59 PM   #68
o_cudweiser

How do you think we are going to fair against Nebraska this year Van? I missed the Kansas game, (i ended staying out in the parking lot drinking) but it didn't sound like we were playing up to par.
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-06-2005, 08:55 PM   #69
o_tennovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cudweiser
How do you think we are going to fair against Nebraska this year Van? I missed the Kansas game, (i ended staying out in the parking lot drinking) but it didn't sound like we were playing up to par.
Oh absolutely not. I went in and sat in the student section drunk as hell but I do remember seeing us play and being like... wtf? Regardless of the fact that we still won and Kansas was picked to win the Big12 North, we just played sloppy. But that gives Hodges some experience under pressure and I think he's going to bounce back against Nebraska. The only thing that worries me is the fact that we beat Nebraska 70-10 last year and we're playing THERE this year... one of the loudest stadiums in America. If we don't come out strong, the crowd is gonna be on top of us the whole game. But Nebraska is gonna wanna throw the ball and won't be able to (they suck?) and then they'll run it but our defense is badass against the run. So all in all, I think we'll win the game but not by 60 points this time... maybe by 15 or 20. Oh... and are you going to Chili this weekend? I hear there's gonna be some TV's out there with the game on (TBS). How awesome will that be? Beer, women, music, Tech football.

Old 10-10-2005, 12:54 PM   #70
o_shaggy

OMG i got spanked again!!!! I was fighting for first in my college football fantasy group, but now I'm getting raped OH GUESS WHAT BOYZ!!!
I've got tickets to the UF vs LSU game this weekend If gators lose, I'm going to be a saaaaaaaaaaaad panda.

Old 10-11-2005, 01:16 PM   #71
o_voipme

Damn. I got smoked. 1 of 4. Ouch.

EDIT: And I'll be at the UVA vs. FSU game this week. Rawr!

Old 10-14-2005, 12:41 PM   #72
o_shaggy

Alright guys, this should be an exciting week!!!

1. USC vs 9. Notre Dame - Even though USC has shown signs of weakness, I don't think ND has the strength to topple the giants. I'm waiting for UCLA/CAL. Those are my true hope.

23. Minnesota vs 24. Wisconsin - This will probably be the closest match up this week. Both teams are fairing about the same. Beating the same teams by about the same amount. I guess I'll go with Minn.

15. Ohio St. vs 16. Michigan St. - OK OSU fucked me over last week with their loss, but I'm not just yet ready to turn my back on them. OSU wins.

8. Penn St. vs Michigan - You wont believe this but Mich is predicted to win LOL. I believe Penn st prove their worth last week, and they should be able to take Mich.

2. Texas vs 24. Colorado - I'm impressed with colorado, they are starting to remind me of their hay days, but not yet. Texas is too strong for them right now.

10. LSU vs 11. Florida - God, if your a loving god please let my beloved gators win!!! But to be honest, I think LSU has alot more tallent and depth then UF. But I will never ever predict against my boys. GOOOOOOO GATORS!!!

Old 10-14-2005, 01:28 PM   #73
o_voipme

I'd put up my picks, but they fall exactly in line with yours. Should be a good week for college football!

Old 10-15-2005, 12:16 AM   #74
o_neoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy
2. Texas vs 24. Colorado - I'm impressed with colorado, they are starting to remind me of their hay days, but not yet. Texas is too strong for them right now.
And they're finally broadcasting the home game! This'll be a good game, and our only other hump to a perfect season is Texas Tech.
o_neoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2005, 01:26 AM   #75
o_tennovan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggy
And they're finally broadcasting the home game! This'll be a good game, and our only other hump to a perfect season is Texas Tech.
Yeah I cannot wait for that game. Texas Tech is my team, and hopefully we can go in and show UT what we've been doing this season.

Old 10-16-2005, 01:05 AM   #76
o_cudweiser

Hahaha..i watched the game til 2 minutes left in the first half..and once i left...we blew the hell out of em. I didn't got chili this year...solely because I hate ccr live...(too many dissappoints with them) than and I got drunk as shit on friday and really coudn't move unless it was to the couch to watch the game against nebraska (great game btw, regardless we didn't beat the hell out of em)..did you watch the usc, notre dame game...such a dissappointment...notre dame blew that game..and i hate it.
o_cudweiser is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2005, 01:16 PM   #77
o_voipme

Well I was severely disappointed with the Florida State game this week. And UVA fans are assholes. Who boos when an injured player gets up and walks off the field? Fuck that.

I didn't get to watch much football this week, but I heard the USC/ND game was the greatest game of all time.

Old 10-17-2005, 02:53 PM   #78
o_shaggy

SHIT...last week was all about great games. There were like 5 games with top rank teams decided by a touchdown or less. Including two games being won in the last seconds of the 4th quarter....Michigan and USC.

Old 10-17-2005, 02:57 PM   #79
o_neoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennovan
Yeah I cannot wait for that game. Texas Tech is my team, and hopefully we can go in and show UT what we've been doing this season.
So much for colorado being a good game..another blowout. Tech will be a good game!..I hope..

ND/USC was the orange bowl of this season..great game.
o_neoro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2005, 08:24 PM   #80
o_fathom

I was really sweating it when Ole Miss was man handling alabama. We finaly scored that td out of half time. Then pulled out the win on the last play of the game. It was close...but a win is a win i guess. It was a wake up call for the tide.

RTR.
o_fathom is offline   Reply With Quote