Old 08-13-2005, 04:31 PM   #61
o_vampiricus

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
no kidding, you can play with it lookin glike that? :P
o_vampiricus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2005, 07:09 PM   #62
o_ramzet

im sorry i dont have new model midget cell-shaded models by soulja like you all do

unf's textures rape

those pictures are approx 6 months old so thats not even how my tfc looks
o_ramzet is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2005, 07:13 PM   #63
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzet
im sorry i dont have new model midget cell-shaded models by soulja like you all do
I didn't realize people actually USE those things. I figured they were a stupid gimmick.

The only custom model I ever used was one that updated the first-person AC model to match the new models.

Speaking of which, I might try those out.

Old 08-13-2005, 07:39 PM   #64
o_rest in piss

Yeah BF2 owns and has taking all of my free time. It will be cool to see the mods that come out for it. I can't wait till Forgotten Hope.
o_rest in piss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2005, 10:27 PM   #65
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 15 Times
BF2 is nothing without squads tbh..

oo i just got my first unlock, but i cant decide wtf to get.. ive heard the barret is good, but i dont snipe often. i play medic the most, so thats probably the best idea. is the anti tank autoshotty any good?
mervaka is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 02:29 AM   #66
o_fizzle

if you play medic, get that gun
i have used it often, its quite acurate and has a scope (not to be compaired with the sniper rifle)

the antitank shotty is such a beast to reload, want controll over a weapon, dont use that
o_fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 02:37 AM   #67
o_frenchtoast

I've found the shotguns to be completely useless, and render the class vulnerable. They can only hit at very close range, so the class has to constantly be surrounded by others.

However, the medic weapon is friekin awesome. If you're looking for accuracy without losing much power, go for the SpecOps or the medic.
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 09:03 AM   #68
o_oinker

Bf2 does rock but until FF comes out i am stickin with:

Game: World of Warcraft
Server: Illidan
Faction: Horde
Name: Mortungo

come play with me!
o_oinker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 11:28 AM   #69
o_nezumi

Who would play WoW when there's Asherons Call to be had (I'm Nezumi on WintersEbb)

Also, No one posted nearly enough comments on THIS IMAGE I made. (Yes, the map is a lot further done by now)

The sniper rifle is the only one of the unlocks that significantly changes the class (For the better, anyway. The loss of a grenade launcher on a G3... I don't know...) Being able to snipe someone out of a chopper before they can take off is the best part of the game.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 11:57 AM   #70
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

ive seen someone snipe people out of choppers while in fucking mid air :/ its happened to me. ive noticed this one dude getting a few M95 kills, at the same rate people are disappearing from the chopper. i suddenly die, o yeah it was my turn to fall victim :/

Old 08-14-2005, 12:29 PM   #71
trepid_jesse
Fortress Forever Staff

Yeah, haha, I've been shot out of the cockpit so many times flyin' people around.

Whenever we play I'm always the pilot, and hah.. the burden of being the pilot grows heavy, haha. If there's someone else in the helicopter, like Jon, it's ok if I get sniped out of the helicopter because Jon realizes that someone needs to switch to the cockpit and fly everybody else away. Hahah, I would say Defrag too, but haha.. you have to had witnessed the finesse that he has when he's in the cockpit.. it's oh so smooth, haha.

Then there's those times when I'm flyin' around a bunch of clueless people. I dunno about clueless, but they're not as good as the people I'm used to flying around and so it's harder to keep them alive, haha. I mean, as the pilot I depend on the other people in the helicopter to be able to kill the people around us, and to let me know when there's things around us that we need to fly away from, like tanks, anti-aircraft guns, or if we're by some flag where 10 guys just spawned, haha.. cause.. that's happened before, and oh man you either gotta commit and just take out as many people before you die, or fly away and try and use some tact in a different approach.

Then there's always those scenarios where you have a bad run. I mean, I think I've gotten pretty adept at flying the helicopters, and I can take people out and we can just kick ass for an entire map, but then I get some other guys and we might have this bad run, and suddenly the pilot is, "A fuckin' god damn loser." hah, and after that happens someone else wants to fly, and that person doesn't last half as long, and just.. haha, yeah.

Annnd, haha, you always gotta be thinkin' whether or not it's worth it to hang around a flag just to die capturing it. When it's just me, Jon and Defrag we ride that wave until we die a horrible horrible death, but hopefully it worked out because we got the flag. If I have a bunch of other people with me I tend to be thinkin', "Man, I bet these people don't wanna die just yet, but haha.. what do I wanna do? I'm the pilot, baby, I do what I want!"

The point is, if you have a blackhawk full of compentent people it's damn near impossible to be stopped.

It's kinda lame that the non-Americans don't have an equivalent helicopter. They get this helicopter that's called "We get shot down" helicopter. It can seat more people that the blackhawk, but it's just an overall worthless helicopter. It's huge, it's slow, and it's good for getting shot down, and that's it. The only benefit of that helicopter is that if you have a full house you're able to capture flags very quickly, but haha... no one wants to ride in those seats with the big "Certain Death" stickers.

Trepid, what?
trepid_jesse is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 03:03 PM   #72
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

blackhawk's miniguns are also far superior to the MEC/chinese chopper's chainguns.

ever been in a situation where you beat someone to a jet, he gets pissed off, so lays C4 all over it, and blows it when you take off?

Old 08-14-2005, 05:46 PM   #73
o_fizzle

i hit a blackhawk with the MEC antitank weapon...i hit its underbelly (it was right above me, kinda hovering) i killed both gunners and another guy, but not the piolet. seeing them fly out of each sides was one of the funniest thing ive seen in that game.
o_fizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-14-2005, 05:49 PM   #74
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

ok is it just me, or is the medic's unlockable SA80-like rifle absolutely shit in automatic mode? or was shooting someone 50m away and i saw it draw a ring of dirtpuffs around him. i was lying prone, not moving...

Old 08-15-2005, 06:26 AM   #75
o_zorro

i never played BF and got bf2 today, it confuses me.. so i just run around shooting stuff, but i can never find the planes or helicopter... i did once but i crashed it into a mountain... which was pretty fun.
o_zorro is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2005, 09:01 AM   #76
mervaka
A Very Sound Guy!
Fortress Forever Staff

try the airfields and the aircraft carriers ;)

Old 08-15-2005, 06:20 PM   #77
o_agent buckshot moose

The only question I have is...

Does it have a flamethrower?
o_agent buckshot moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2005, 06:28 PM   #78
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

No, but dropping C4 on a jeep, driving it at a tank, then bailing out and detting it, is close enough for me
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2005, 08:48 PM   #79
o_broodingdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggles
No, but dropping C4 on a jeep, driving it at a tank, then bailing out and detting it, is close enough for me
The best is sneaking up on a tank/apc/aircraft alone and taking it out with C4. Even better is being able to sneak away and watch the tank and lord over the ultimate pwnage you can do at the touch of a button. Type "j" and say, "bye bye tanky!" then click-BOOM!

I love it. Then you get accused of haxing... Makes me laugh.

I once got booted for taking out the MEC artillary which was kicking our collective butts. I think the enemy commander got something like 78 kills.

You know what I hate, though? Is incompetent commanders... that don't use the artillary and the UAV's. I could give a rip about the supplies.
o_broodingdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #80
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Heh, I've spent an entire round traveling between blowing up the comm station, the radar, and the art. The comm would drop supplies to repair them, and I would refill my packs, then det the crates I wish you'd get some points for doing that though.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote