Old 10-21-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
Major Lee High
Retired Mapper

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
FF_ANDEVER (WIP -- Found the Files!!)

--Edit

mediafire link to files

-----------
Status: Gonna take the time to finish this off and polish it instead of making a beta thats not close to finished yet. WOrking on lights atm, which I haven't played with much yet so I'm learning as I go. Having some problems figuring out how to make the inside prettier, mappers block I guess lol.

Planned to have this out by Halloween as atleast beta and done by patch day (lol psycic), but now I think I will take my time on it, maybe work on some other maps that I don't plan to make as pretty, or atleast turn a bunch of my planned maps into base_gametypes for people (got like 10 listed atm).

New pic!

Quote:

Some stuff I added to the center, func_breakable walls, and some wood planks that you can see to the left that make the det area more of a attack instead of escape route (which seemed like its only use before lol).
-----------

Been working on this for a while, started it a long time ago then picked it up again when FF released, and atm it is almost ready for Beta.

These shots are a little old, not much changed, but they came out kinda dark (I fixed them up some), so I will most likely replace these all when I make a beta release.

Onto the goods

Quote:
FF_ANDEVER CTF

Here is a shot from the sky, showing the Red base and middle map.

Green sky shot.
Quote:

Here is the front of the red base.
Quote:

Here is the other side of the battlements (the other side of the railing/vines is the sniper windows from last shot). The window beside the team logo is the gas spawn. There are a few double jumps you can do in this shot as well, to the right you can jump onto the wall (and again up to some higher terrain), from there you can jump to the walkway and then again off the railing onto the base roof. There is a mound of dirt to the left of the screen that you can jump onto base with as well, the other side of that wall is the det grate area.

Red Det Grate.
Green Gas Room
Inside base near gasspawn/detgrates
Quote:

Here is the flag bunker and cap point. The flag is in the lower part of that bunker. You can get to it either through this bunker, which has a ladder and a spot you can drop down to flag, or through the main base (you can kinda see one base exit in lower right of the screen). You can double jump up the walls to each side of bunker, or use the ladder in the cap area. You can also double jump from the rail to cap roof, the other two roofs are a bit too high (pyro can make it with flame/doublejump). Im not that good of a concer, but i HAVE made it from cap point to cap point. Like I said I'm not a good concer so that will be one thing I want to test.

Green Hallway (this is the exit you can see kinda)
Green Flag Bunker
Green Cap
Green Flag Room 1
Green Flag Room 2
Quote:

Here is the backway, that comes through the warehouse. There is a door down through here that is closed when the map starts.
Quote:

And finally, the warehouse spawn area. To the left of this shot is the lever, that will turn off this spawn and open the backway door. You can double jump the rails onto the beams and place sentrys.
Basically, both teams have a LEVER in their warehouse spawn. The other team can come in, turn it off, then you cant spawn there anymore, they can take your resupply bags and the backdoor opens. Not only that, but it also UNLOCKS the gaschamber button. If a enemy hits that button, it will disable your flag spawn as well leaving only the gaschamber spawn (which will also kill you for 15 seconds). The gaschamber button locks itself when used, so only 1 use per warehouse disable. Your team can take back the warehouse at the lever once its been used and if you get the spawn back before someone gases you, you can spawn at the warehouse and gaschamber spawn during a gas attack.

THINGS TODO:

Make Gas Chamber give the player that hit the button kills (hopefully)
Tweak Terrain
Tweak Lights
Work on sounds some
Hud Icons
Finish Doorways
Fix up rooftops
Finish Detail
Loading Map (needs work still)
NoBuilds
Makes things prettier inside
Fix 3d sky
Adjust LUA (pickups etc)
Water (kinda messy still)
Finish Rain (logic timer has it going from light to full rain and back again, too short needs to be more random and longer rain times for each)

Misc Tweaks

DONE (for now):

Fly Throughs (overview and interest)
Power Cables
Buttons Give Points
Finish Center
Smoke Weed [CHECK]

Most of this I can do after a beta I think though. I will mess with it more and lan test it with my bro a few times before I make a beta compile.

My full LUA that I have atm is posted in that thread, if you know how to make the trigger hurts give players kills, or just want to help optimize it, post in that thread please ;P

Last edited by Major Lee High; 04-18-2015 at 06:43 PM. Reason: Files
Major Lee High is offline   Reply With Quote