Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 03-02-2008, 09:41 PM   #81
Suite307

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etzell
See, I hate infinite health.
The marines are worthless, and dealing with elites/brutes is pretty much: "Use a weapon with a half-zoom and shoot them in the head."
Dealing with Antlions, prioritizing what to kill first, actually having to worry about how much damage you've taken, all of that is a lot more fun to me than Halo's style. Not to mention I like having more than two guns.
Let's talk about games we barely played.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2008, 12:18 AM   #82
Etzell
D&A Member

So beating all 3 Halos on Legendary and playing the multiplayer extensively means that I "barely played" it? Hm. I'll keep that in mind.

Let's make presumptions when we don't know anything.
Etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2008, 01:19 AM   #83
greenday5494
Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
i never beat any halo on lengendary. too hard, too frustrating. :/
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2008, 02:00 AM   #84
fireb0rn

Quote:
So beating all 3 Halos on Legendary and playing the multiplayer extensively means that I "barely played" it? Hm. I'll keep that in mind.

Let's make presumptions when we don't know anything.
last time and actually every other time I heard someone cite them beating Halo on legendary as a testament to their skill, they were utterly dominated. It just goes to show that people who say that (and believe it actually matters) don't really know much about the game at all.
fireb0rn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-03-2008, 02:48 AM   #85
Etzell
D&A Member

Did I ever say I was a great Halo player? No. I said that I have beaten the campaign on Legendary and played online quite a bit, in response to being told that I've "barely played" Halo. Clearly, doing that means I've played the game for a while, and can speak about my distaste for it.

Nice try, though.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:57 AM   #86
Suite307

Quote:
Did I ever say I was a great Halo player? No. I said that I have beaten the campaign on Legendary and played online quite a bit, in response to being told that I've "barely played" Halo. Clearly, doing that means I've played the game for a while, and can speak about my distaste for it.

Nice try, though.
You still sound like an asshole thought.

Old 03-03-2008, 02:58 AM   #87
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
And you sound like a presumptuous dick. Everyone's fitting their predetermined roles.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #88
Suite307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Circuitous
And you sound like a presumptuous dick. Everyone's fitting their predetermined roles.
I guess we're both dicks now.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:59 PM   #89
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Everyone's fitting their predetermined roles.

Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 PM   #90
Mulchman MM
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via ICQ to Mulchman MM Send a message via AIM to Mulchman MM Send a message via MSN to Mulchman MM Send a message via Yahoo to Mulchman MM Send a message via Skype™ to Mulchman MM
i beta halo 3 on legendary... but only through coop (and sometimes with 2 other players instead of just the one).

anyway, until your health recharges it's just like having a hl2 health meter... except for that whole recharging back to full thing instead of having to scavenge for health

Old 03-04-2008, 03:37 AM   #91
fireb0rn

Quote:

Nice try, though.
but if you actually knew and understood the game (which I believe you're obligated to do if complaining about it,) you should know that beating the game on legendary has almost nothing at all to do with your knowledge of the game; regenerating your shield behind a wall for hours on end aside. I would imagine it more appropriate to say something like "i've played in several matches," "watched mlg videos" etc. most people here would be slightly annoyed if someone came on the forums and called FF or before that tfc a game where you 'snipe, sniped and naded', since it shows quite clearly the poster has made little effort to actually understand the game. it sounds like the person simply joined a few servers, got killed in mid then quit, hence why I don't think it's unfair for suite to have assumed you've barely played the game. these games have a learning curve before you experience the actual bulk of the game; as does halo. as a person who has played the game extensively I can tell that, but I obviously cannot prove you wrong here without strapping you into a chair and forcing you to play the game so I'm just gunna call it quits.
fireb0rn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #92
Backstaber
Custom User Title
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scout Offence
Gametype: Capture The Flag
Affiliations: None
And I am going to fit my predetermined role of not liking Halo because I can. No reason, and I won't give a reason.
Backstaber is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-04-2008, 04:37 AM   #93
Etzell
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fireb0rn
Long, presumptuous rant
Yeah, see, the problem with everything you've said is that you keep ignoring the time I've spent playing the multiplayer. It's not like I've played 4 games and given up, I'm at the very least an average-to-good Halo player. The simple fact is that Halo's learning curve is next-to-null compared to a game like TFC or FF, and the gameplay is simplistic. But, hey, that's just me.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:41 AM   #94
Suite307

OPINION CLASH, GO!

Old 03-12-2008, 09:53 AM   #95
Bubbles
Bueno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama
Instead of paying a monthly fee you might be interested in a client you download for free and deposit cash when you want to spend it.

http://www.entropiauniverse.com/index.var

Has a great and mature community

http://www.entropiaforum.com/

But this mmorpg is all about beating the system and skilling skilling skilling.
Every item has a cost, every item decays and have to be repaired. Noobs run around in their orange outfits trying to survive and get a ped (project entropia dollar) to buy their first gun to kill some little mob which doesnt give a crap back.

But it is expensive if you want to get a good gear and go out hunting.
70 USD for virtual Silk Stockings?!? GTFO!
Bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2008, 10:33 AM   #96
Titan`

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
WoW's okay, nothing special. In fact, don't be surprised if you get bored of the game shortly after you achieve the max level. I know tons of people who got bored of the game even before they hit 70. WoW lost my interest after a year or so of playing it. Guild Wars-played through it six times to lvl 20, PvPed a bit... WoW is more addicting, GW is a better game!

However, FPS > MMORPG ANYDAY
Titan` is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2008, 10:53 AM   #97
Lt Llama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles
70 USD for virtual Silk Stockings?!? GTFO!
It's a status item. It is also an investment. If you can afford it, and you think it will eventually become rare, you can make some profit on it.
But for a status item thats quite cheap. Take a look at some über weapons or tools and you'll see. But the items circulate mostly between resellers. Noone deposits 70 USD to buy some Silk Stockings, thats not how it works. You start with nothing. Become a hunter. Skill up. Collect items during a long time. Find a crafter who needs your supply. Join a Society who helps you out. When the time is right you resell your collected items to a way higher price than you payed for it. The stuff in Entropia is close to the prices for the corresponding item IRL, well the comparable items.

But if you are a skilling addict, you can skill a life time in Entropia and not be close to the top. Thats reserved for the beta players who started out early. They got a skill boost for participating, and noone can reach that level today. Unfair you might say. Well, very few of them have stayed. To many updates screwed them over.
Lt Llama is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-2008, 04:52 AM   #98
Desyphur
OHH! OHHH NOOO!
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Llama
It's a status item. It is also an investment. If you can afford it, and you think it will eventually become rare, you can make some profit on it.
But for a status item thats quite cheap. Take a look at some über weapons or tools and you'll see. But the items circulate mostly between resellers. Noone deposits 70 USD to buy some Silk Stockings, thats not how it works. You start with nothing. Become a hunter. Skill up. Collect items during a long time. Find a crafter who needs your supply. Join a Society who helps you out. When the time is right you resell your collected items to a way higher price than you payed for it. The stuff in Entropia is close to the prices for the corresponding item IRL, well the comparable items.

But if you are a skilling addict, you can skill a life time in Entropia and not be close to the top. Thats reserved for the beta players who started out early. They got a skill boost for participating, and noone can reach that level today. Unfair you might say. Well, very few of them have stayed. To many updates screwed them over.
14.99 USD a month or 1000 for gear.

The idea of that confuses and makes me get used to the 14 bucks for WoW.

Old 04-23-2008, 01:58 AM   #99
FooL

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
in all honesty diablo 2 is still a better game than wow
biggest problems with wow

takes up WAY to much time and no matter what you do you will NEVER be the best on the server in order to be the best you have to do raids that literally take 40 plus people and 8 hours and then only like 5 items drop WOOH waste of your day much...

all builds are pretty much cookie cutter you cant really make a decent build that isnt one of the 2 builds used for each class in diablo 2 atleast you can customize your stats and come up with creative Item/Skill builds that go well together.

i guess if your into the whole PvE scene it could be a good game to try and "beat" but otherwise it will get old and you will probably regret spending so much time playing it, its definatly one of those games you need to devote a crazy amount of time to get anywhere

then again i could be wrong thats just what i got out of playing that game you should try playing on one of the free test servers although that might spoil the game in itself
FooL is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-23-2008, 03:37 AM   #100
Suite307

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooL
in all honesty diablo 2 is still a better game than wow
biggest problems with wow

takes up WAY to much time and no matter what you do you will NEVER be the best on the server in order to be the best you have to do raids that literally take 40 plus people and 8 hours and then only like 5 items drop WOOH waste of your day much...

all builds are pretty much cookie cutter you cant really make a decent build that isnt one of the 2 builds used for each class in diablo 2 atleast you can customize your stats and come up with creative Item/Skill builds that go well together.

i guess if your into the whole PvE scene it could be a good game to try and "beat" but otherwise it will get old and you will probably regret spending so much time playing it, its definatly one of those games you need to devote a crazy amount of time to get anywhere

then again i could be wrong thats just what i got out of playing that game you should try playing on one of the free test servers although that might spoil the game in itself
WoW is more of a social game if anything. Whole families are in there.