Old 10-14-2009, 07:15 AM   #1
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
A little Honesty Among All.

A lot has come to my attention as I've continuously read the "closed" forums.

Knowing how none of this should of even been my business, I can't help but to stress that a majority of the players here are preventing this community from giving the game recognition it so badly desires.

Practically everyday I come home from a long day at work to play this game. On my days off I organize meetings for the clan, and get more involved with this community inside and outside of the servers. But I'm honestly becoming rather disappointed in all of the conflict going on within the forums.

Now I understand that we have different player-types. We have servers in which contain certain playing styles that are backed up by specific rules, that make each server their own. I also understand the consequences for not abiding by those rules. But for those of you, those players, who come into these forums and accuse others that they are making this community look bad, you're really not doing the community a favor yourself by accusing others of their obvious actions instead of just leaving it alone, as it normally wouldn't have anything to do with you in the first place. I honestly feel that it isn't helping. If I were to come in here as a new member to this community, and I read a lot of what I actually read, I would feel a little skeptical about how the game would treat me. Now I don't speak for those of you who have been here for a while, but I am sure there are new members coming into these forums and pass the game up because they are looking for a good community..

Next, I would like to address some things going on with certain clan hostilities going on within the community.

First of all, stop it. I've read a few replies from Squeek before he'd closed a few of the threads, and I can honestly say I know how he feels. It's repetitive, and people do grow tired of seeing the same old flaming between the same few groups. But it continues to happen, doesn't it?.. For those of you apart of the conflict, do you not think that they aren't getting fed up with all the commotion going on?

To be more specific:

1) Old Timers - For those who have been banned from this server, that small minority of players; out of that selective bunch, I'm sure a majority of those players knew they were going to get banned. Players, you DO GET WARNED before the system bans you. Their policy there isn't exactly strict.. As it was said before, the O-T server is an alternative for those players who dislike the racism, profanity, and suggested themes that you may get from other servers. I myself do play on O-T and I have slipped with the profanity a bit, and rarely have I apologized or felt the need to do so. But because they are trying to obtain a strong community, in hopes to share that common goal in which strengthens the population of the game.. I Respect the O-T.

2) Scuzzy - Yeah, I honestly carry a little agreement/disagreement with how you say things on the forums. I feel like a lot of the time, you reply towards others to prove a point, and you do. You make a lot of things very clear, but sometimes it's just overdone. When you refer to sarcasm, or play catch with the flaming session, it isn't doing anything to prove a point, but becomes more of a defensive action, carrying over a little hostility. And those kinds of actions can fuel other members to come back with negative remarks, and in which some cases you continue on even after they've left their remarks. Now I don't see a problem with defending your clan, or yourself, but does it have to be public?. Why should I need, or want, or have to know?. Or anyone at that rate?.. And Yes, I do see that this post directed towards you is public. But in no way am I taking a side, or looking for anyone to agree or disagree with me. This is just one of those things I noticed while reading through some of the negative threads here on the forums. Moving Forward..

3) The Anti-O-T - I honestly didn't know the immaturity level with some of the players in this community. There's a 14 year old player in the e0 Clan who carries more maturity then a majority of the adults who play this game. For those players who are against the O-T, have you not noticed that you've made this more then just about the game when the whole point of this community is to secure and increase the games potential?. Do you think that the devs worked day in and day out on this game just to see threads that specifically focus on flaming the O-T? Do you think they aren't growing tired of it? FF Players against O-T, New Timers... It's all a bunch of the same waste in my opinion. Why make a group dedicated to hating someone or something, when you could make a group dedicated to helping that same potential that the devs are really seeking? Instead of dedicating your time to create something based off of hatred, make something that's worth something to the WHOLE community. Our population is scarce.. If you're going to create something that limits a majority of the FF population, then it's just not worth it.. You're only creating more conflict, by attempting to pull others into choosing a side..

There should really only be 1 MAJOR reason why we are all apart of the this community. And that's to play the game, no matter what shape or form. I believe a lot of us have forgotten that aspect of the community. The reason we are all here. We are the reason this game is still alive (aside from the devs,). Try and make that mean something, not just to you, but to the whole community.

My eyes are starting to shut, So I'm off to bed. Positive Comments appreciated. Thanks for reading.

~Moya

Old 10-14-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
What's a community without some drama?
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Old 10-14-2009, 08:32 AM   #3
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
What's a community without some drama?
Ideal.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Elmo
Gets tickled by FF
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Med Solly HW
Gametype: Any/CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 41 Times
fair and true post
Done: ff_warpath
Forever Doing: ff_medieval (beta#99999999)

Old 10-14-2009, 10:47 AM   #5
wakka

Class/Position: top
Gametype: pwning caroline in bed
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FF is still not a patch on TFC for drama so much so that little things are massive drama these days.

The real problem i feel is that the people in "power" don't even play the game.

So everyone should play on the zE server, zePalace for america too maybe ?

Old 10-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
spaceleper
**League Cheater**

Class/Position: bent over ur mums coffee table
Gametype: i only play on sv_cheats 1 servers thx
Affiliations: MYG0T
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
tl;dr

Old 10-14-2009, 09:08 PM   #7
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakka View Post
So everyone should play on the zE server, zePalace for america too maybe ?
Ze for euro,
e0 for USA

We wont tolerate this community drama/b00lschitt on our server

Old 10-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #8
eomoyaff
The Crowbar Commander
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Anything.
Gametype: CTF/CP (AvD needs fixing)
Posts Rated Helpful 28 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by squeek. View Post
Ideal.
Agreed.

But I guess the basic translation of everything I said above is to get over the negative things, and focus more on what you as a player can do to help this community out. No one wants to read about how you got banned from the O-T, or how you are starting up a clan or a server based off of hatred for another player, group, or clan. That's just asking for a fight/flame. For those who have been banned and just can't accept the fact that they have, and refuse to move on until they feel satisfied in doing something against whoever did the ban, need to cry a river, build a bridge, and get over it. Start focusing on making Fortress Forever a better game for everyone. Help it grow, and don't limit your server to just a selective bunch. It's not that hard..

Off to work, Adios.

~Moya

Closed Thread