Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 07-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #41
o_zaskar

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Hey i dont truley think it should be removed, i just want people to realize that just because enough people like it doesnt make it any less of what it is, which is a exploit of the air speed mechanic. use it, whatever, i just hate people who bitch about exploits but think because enough people use this specific one that their any higher on some moral plane :P
o_zaskar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 08:26 PM   #42
o_xstioph

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPACT
Zaskar speaks the truth bunnyhopping is a cheat and i think ff should limit jumping like cs/dod do by making you too fatigued to jump.

anyone that says bh is good for the game is only saying it cause they cant DEATHMATCH like afx
fatigue in a Fortress game? lol.. You is teh funneh
o_xstioph is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 08:31 PM   #43
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xstioph
fatigue in a Fortress game? lol.. You is teh funneh
Man i hated Fatigue, espically how it was in Firearms where you got tired just from running, oh god no :P

Old 07-30-2006, 08:33 PM   #44
o_deadpool

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMPACT
Zaskar speaks the truth bunnyhopping is a cheat and i think ff should limit jumping like cs/dod do by making you too fatigued to jump.

anyone that says bh is good for the game is only saying it cause they cant DEATHMATCH like afx
u dont need to deathmatch when u can play scout like afx =p
o_deadpool is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM   #45
o_little dragon

Thanks for all the comments, my questions where answered and beyond

Circuitous thanks for not being a jerk

Now to business, Bhopin may inhance the game play for some people, Bhoppin may also alowe people to cap faster or better in leagues, I was in leagues a few years ago, and the clan I was in never Bhoped we did great, so again I do not see how Bhopin is an asset. On the other hand though, it is very fun.. I love doin it when I can, of course being in [DAD] I can't but thats what other servers are for

Thanks all ^_^
o_little dragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 08:54 PM   #46
o_sabre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Dragon
Thanks for all the comments, my questions where answered and beyond

Circuitous thanks for not being a jerk

Now to business, Bhopin may inhance the game play for some people, Bhoppin may also alowe people to cap faster or better in leagues, I was in leagues a few years ago, and the clan I was in never Bhoped we did great, so again I do not see how Bhopin is an asset. On the other hand though, it is very fun.. I love doin it when I can, of course being in [DAD] I can't but thats what other servers are for

Thanks all ^_^
Well sorry to step on and shatter your rose tinted specs but you played the game before it evolved naturally into a faster, more intense, more skillfull game. If you could take 8 players who can't BH, play them vs 8 players who can BH well, you will see how badly the BHers outcap the none BH (that is the aim of the game right? CTF?). The game reached a certain point in it's evolution when BHing became one of the fundamental skills for playing the game well, a prerequired basic in the leagues mostly, now im sure you could show me a decent player (offy particularly) who can't BH but i guarantee you i can show you a better player that can BH. As i've said the BH became a fundamental to the fortress game, natural selection if you will, where mainly the BHers survived, you learn to live in the newly evolved environment or you die out, besides killing BH would be a backwards step, you can't try to reverse natural evolution becuase you enjoyed the good old days when we could bash a woman over the head, drag her back and have your way with her (mostly). I'm desperate to see the old fortress players return to show us all how it's done, but they must realise while they've been away the game has moved forward for the better and evolved, BH is one of the biggest parts of this evolution and that should be realised before returning to the land of fortress. Oh shit i've gone on a right melodramatic rant now, i hope this post hasn't lost it's direction and meaning.
o_sabre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 09:01 PM   #47
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre
Well sorry to step on and shatter your rose tinted specs but you played the game before it evolved naturally into a faster, more intense, more skillfull game. If you could take 8 players who can't BH, play them vs 8 players who can BH well, you will see how badly the BHers outcap the none BH (that is the aim of the game right? CTF?). The game reached a certain point in it's evolution when BHing became one of the fundamental skills for playing the game well, a prerequired basic in the leagues mostly, now im sure you could show me a decent player (offy particularly) who can't BH but i guarantee you i can show you a better player that can BH. As i've said the BH became a fundamental to the fortress game, natural selection if you will, where mainly the BHers survived, you learn to live in the newly evolved environment or you die out, besides killing BH would be a backwards step, you can't try to reverse natural evolution becuase you enjoyed the good old days when we could bash a woman over the head, drag her back and have your way with her (mostly). I'm desperate to see the old fortress players return to show us all how it's done, but they must realise while they've been away the game has moved forward for the better and evolved, BH is one of the biggest parts of this evolution and that should be realised before returning to the land of fortress. Oh shit i've gone on a right melodramatic rant now, i hope this post hasn't lost it's direction and meaning.
There is always 2 sides, the other way to look at it is that only the people who ebraced the exploit stayed. kind of like in shitty MMO's the people left to the end are ones who adapted to all the shitty bugs and use them to their advantage while all the normal pweople got sick of it and left. To say that it would be a backwards steap is 100% bullshit As thats just oppinion. there is no right or wrong. its jsut what people like.

And some fools say the anty Bhop people are unmoving in their belief that its wrong, holy crap ^^ Classic casses of "my shit dont stink" :P

Old 07-30-2006, 09:06 PM   #48
o_bokko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskar
Hey i dont truley think it should be removed, i just want people to realize that just because enough people like it doesnt make it any less of what it is, which is a exploit of the air speed mechanic. use it, whatever, i just hate people who bitch about exploits but think because enough people use this specific one that their any higher on some moral plane :P
What the FUCK are you talking about, 'higher moral plane'?
And pretty please, no more analogies!
o_bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 09:07 PM   #49
o_sabre

Yes but the fact that the standard of play went up another level with the embracing of the BH shows that it was a step forward. There's a cold hard fact, offence players that can BH are better than offence players that can't(99% of time).

Old 07-30-2006, 09:11 PM   #50
o_sabre

Oh and can someone (zarskar preferably) tell me why i have never met anyone that CAN BH well but chooses not to use it because it's an "exploit", do they even refuse to try it or learn it and then give a balanced opinion?

Old 07-30-2006, 09:12 PM   #51
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokko
What the FUCK are you talking about, 'higher moral plane'?
And pretty please, no more analogies!
WTF do you mean?

Tons of people have no problem acting like some things like nail sploits are "wrong" but they have no problem with bhopping. (the whole "wrong and right" thing is where the morality thing came into play... wow)

And why no more analogies? are you a fucking moron?

Bhopping = Sploit of air acceleration
Nail nade = Sploit of the rise of the nade when it activates

One is widley used 1 is looked down apon by many.. but their bolth freekin sploits, because someone likes 1 but not the other doesnt make them different, thats the point.

Technically wtf does conc and spy pill nades go through walls? (cause they couldnt program them not to) still doesnt make it make sence, so when someone goes to conc people in their respawn or place a spy bomb below respawn that is wrong too? where is the line drawn.

Are you that dense that i had to explain it to you, and you told me that a perfectly valid analogy was bad? wtf?

Old 07-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #52
o_sabre

Zaskar considering your sometimes idiotic replies have been begging for a flame, people have stayed quite nice don't go lowering the tone of the discussion.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:18 PM   #53
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabre
Oh and can someone (zarskar preferably) tell me why i have never met anyone that CAN BH well but chooses not to use it because it's an "exploit", do they even refuse to try it or learn it and then give a balanced opinion?
I have no idea, im of the oppinion that i play for fun, so the fact that anything is an exploit couldnt make me care less about using it. i nail nade ceelings all the time and bhop whenever there is a long enough open path (im not good enough for that narrow winding coridor hopping, thats skill)

Im not against it at all for myself. hell my favorte thing atm is playing CS Surf maps (im board) and that Entire thing is 1 big exploit of the air mechanics, I dont care. Just hate ignorance, all those rule guys who hate and bash every form of slight exploit or thing they think is cheep, but then try to defend bhopping cause "they would Never sploit"

Do it all you want and yes air speed acceleration IS fun, but it origonated as an exploit ;P (but as with tribes 2) in FF it is a programmed in feature (right? or is it just a settign tweek like done with CS surf maps) so that doesnt matter now.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:19 PM   #54
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
I used to be anti-bhopping. Vehement about it, even, like a few people here. I didn't know how to do it and had no interest in learning. When I heard about FF, though, and knew bhopping would be included, I decided to give it a try. I hadn't played TFC in a long time anyway, so my anti-bhopping had faded to disinterest... after really trying it and getting into it... lemme tell you, it's a lot more fun, when you really get into it. After a while, shooting people that are just running can get old.

Even when I didn't bhop, I preferred to play against offense who did. Made things more interesting for me.

Old 07-30-2006, 09:23 PM   #55
o_darksoul

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul
if theres one thing i've noticed about the anti-bhop brigade, you cannot argue against them.
^^^
o_darksoul is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 09:29 PM   #56
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksoul
^^^
"my shit dont stink" you mean right?

Cant bitch that 1 side doesnt give at all if your side dont give, rofl what logic is that?

Old 07-30-2006, 09:32 PM   #57
o_ekim

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
You have squirrels slowly tunneling into your brain and making a nest.
o_ekim is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 09:35 PM   #58
o_nex nicholai

Quote:
Tons of people have no problem acting like some things like nail sploits are "wrong" but they have no problem with bhopping. (the whole "wrong and right" thing is where the morality thing came into play... wow)
Its a game, playing the moral holiness card is kinda wierd.

Quote:
And why no more analogies? are you a fucking moron?
Any and all flame you recieve after that comment is justified.

Quote:
Bhopping = Sploit of air acceleration
Nail nade = Sploit of the rise of the nade when it activates

One is widley used 1 is looked down apon by many.. but their bolth freekin sploits, because someone likes 1 but not the other doesnt make them different, thats the point.
Actually, in FF (that is what we are talking about, right?) they added programming intentionally for bhop. No longer a "sploit". Problem solved.
Anyway, the difference is the context of the game. Since the general community has deemed bhop ok and nail exploit not ok. The fact that one is allowed and the other is against the rules makes them different.

Quote:
Technically wtf does conc and spy pill nades go through walls? (cause they couldnt program them not to) still doesnt make it make sence, so when someone goes to conc people in their respawn or place a spy bomb below respawn that is wrong too? where is the line drawn.
Considering that frag grenades dont go through walls, I believe that they could easily have programed emps and concs do behave similarly. And many servers have rules against spamming the respawn. The line is drawn where the group of players (usually a server) have drawn it. In many cases, its simple majority rule.
o_nex nicholai is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-30-2006, 09:37 PM   #59
o_zaskar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nex nicholai
Its a game, playing the moral holiness card is kinda wierd.

Any and all flame you recieve after that comment is justified.

Actually, in FF (that is what we are talking about, right?) they added programming intentionally for bhop. No longer a "sploit". Problem solved.
Anyway, the difference is the context of the game. Since the general community has deemed bhop ok and nail exploit not ok. The fact that one is allowed and the other is against the rules makes them different.

Considering that frag grenades dont go through walls, I believe that they could easily have programed emps and concs do behave similarly. And many servers have rules against spamming the respawn. The line is drawn where the group of players (usually a server) have drawn it. In many cases, its simple majority rule.
Was talking about TFC, and if the server has No set rules people still bitch about someone using 1 and not the other.

And IM not playingnthe moral holiness card, i usually pull out any dirty trick that i have fun with, its others using one cause alot of people us it then bitch about something else that technically is just as "wrong". So many people fight against that 1 simple fact its kind of weird.

No i dont care about that though, use it all you want, i would even it people refered to it as a sploit (that it technically is)

Old 07-30-2006, 09:40 PM   #60
o_darknight

People bitch about being killed in-game. So should we not kill them next time?
o_darknight is offline   Reply With Quote