Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 06-10-2006, 04:06 PM   #101
o_paft

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Brilliant guys!

Now if your unsure which spy concept to go for, or it you wasn't already going for the obvious one already... Go for the 2nd (right) Looks brilliant. I would be disappointed not to see that next.

Outstanding works guys. Nothing slightly negative to point out.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #102
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
The Spy model is visible in the first CZ2 picture in the media section, if you're wondering which concept they went with (hint: it's the second).

Old 06-10-2006, 04:11 PM   #103
o_donny

O M F G

Again FF team (especially eat and dr nick) has succesfully made me cum on my pants. AWSOME update. Thanks for the hwguy pictures. Made the old dog break some tears :')

BTW since you guys are all flaming the pyro (good that he has that suit) he souldnt be firefighter, since he doesnt save people from fire...
o_donny is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #104
o_paft

Yes I was going to point that out. Like i said It's the most obvious better choice, but just in-case.
o_paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 04:54 PM   #105
o_fragile

personally, with the pyro looking like a fire-fighter, it seems mixed up! unless he was once a fire-fighter, got engulfed in the flames, and some how managed to survive in an alien-made suit to keep him alive. from that day on, he tried to capture the opposing team's flag.
o_fragile is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 04:56 PM   #106
o_swat_pointman

Your updates are always amazing but, I think the firefighter helmet on the Pyro looks goofy looking, I also think a traditional gas mask would look better, some camo would help too.
o_swat_pointman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #107
o_afx

Who gives a flying fuck what the helmet does, the whole point is to make each class look as distinct and interesting as possible...the "firemans helmet" does this for the pyro. I think it looks great, although personally id rather he had one of those firechief type shiny helmets.
o_afx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #108
o_ohcanep

He (pyro) is a soldier of kind though. It's safer to wear a fire resistant suit and a helmet. Last but not least decs said more detail will be added.
o_ohcanep is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 05:13 PM   #109
o_mescalito

And how would you explain the children why their beloved fireman sets ppl on fire and bears a shot gun?? It's like telling them Santa doesn't exist
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 05:18 PM   #110
o_frenchtoast

What? Santa doesn't exist? /cry
o_frenchtoast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 05:41 PM   #111
o_nezumi

Have none of you philistines read Ferenheit 451? It's the firemans job to light fires, not put them out. Damn, I know we've been over this before

Quote:
Originally Posted by decs
Not sure if it was mentioned anywhere but i requested that we mentioned that the pyro is wip, which it really is.
The boots are temp, the helmet isnt finished and there are a bunch of details and stuff im going to add. The hose is the attachment for the flamethrower, it doesnt go into his hand.

So dont worry too much about the stuff mentioned so far.
Ha! I thought he looked exactly like the pyro shown off in the 'leak'!
I gotta say though that the pyro is just about my favorite model... like ever. He'll be perfect with better boots and all that other shit.

The outside of well looks... interesting. Well was always my favorite map and I'm still trying to figure out what these changes mean. In any case, it looks fantastic and I can't wait to try it out.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 06:13 PM   #112
o_roadrun

Sweet update, everything looks cool Good work guys!
Cant wait to play it!

I actually forgot you guys dont show all the updates on the frontpage in the newspost, so at first I thought "wtf - 3 months without updates for this?" :P
o_roadrun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 06:45 PM   #113
o_dr zoidberg

I say that Pyro has to much colour, less Red/blue/green/yellow and more "stuff"

also i think the well changes we're made to allow a more flexible gameplay. for example now a medic can conc up to the second floor and run in and grab the flag and conca out and land in water or whatever he likes to do.

Instead of just taking the only water pipe way or the front door and there he'll just become sg meat
o_dr zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 06:48 PM   #114
o_neon

http://www.fortress-forever.com/?a=media&id=ff_cz2_4

First: wow nice update, it realy made me drool over my laptop...
Now, the IC is clipped with the gaztank on the back, are you going to try to fix this, just saying it, I know sometimes do these things happen not that it bothers me big time, but in this case it's a bit ott to be considered good
o_neon is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 06:53 PM   #115
Decs
Retired FF Staff

Nezumi: It looks like that because i havent done anyting to it since then. Ive got quite alot of things to skin/texture and tweaking and finalizing a player model takes time away from other things, its better to do it once im done with more of my stuff and waiting for new things to arrive.

As for the IC Clipping, we are aware of it, infact we discussed it before the media update but left it like it is now. Its going to be fixed as good as we can though.

Old 06-10-2006, 06:55 PM   #116
o_etzell

My only complaint is the lack of trench coat on the pyro. I love 100% of this update, and see no other problems. Excellent work! The railgun FINALLY looks like something that shoots a rail, and the tranq looks like it should.
o_etzell is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 07:00 PM   #117
o_puppychow

everything looks spot on. only constructive crit: the pyro looks weird from the back. looks like he is wearing long johns and he took a big dump in his shorts. too droopy. sounds gay, but the best way i can say it is he needs an ass? I know its a WIP but...um yeah...show me the booty.
o_puppychow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #118
o_ambex

To the devs:

I would like to tell you that medic is awsome..

and he is looking good.. but hes face is.. not.. you get it..

so maybye you would change hes face? eyes? nose? something that would make his face normal.. and make his neck grow.. rofl

about the pyro: DONT CHANGE THE MODEL OH NO IT'S GOOD!!

i vote atleast on the second spy concept..

Last edited by o_ambex; 06-10-2006 at 07:19 PM.
o_ambex is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 07:06 PM   #119
o_mescalito

GIVE THAT GENTELMAN SOME ASS!!!

EDIT: no seriously. give the pyro an outfit that will atleast hint that he can move faster then the solly. do anything you like just don't dare to touch his fcuking mask. it rocks the turtles!
o_mescalito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #120
o_theres *nothing* here

oh my! the tranq gun looks exactly as i had envisioned! too good to be true! i even drew it! xD

oh my i can't wait to use the thing.. thanks for blessing us with such a weapon of mass destruct. too cool. i'm just wondering whats the logo supposed to be.

i'd just like to say though, that i think the thing looks a lot cooler with the slide cocked back, maybe because it makes it look bigger and you can see the detail on those flange thingers.

oh, and that the pyro's rocket launcher is jutting out of his gas tank thing. perhaps if you switched the tank onto the other shoulder then you won't see it.
o_theres *nothing* here is offline   Reply With Quote