Blacknight's Test Guy
D&A Member

Class/Position: Scoot
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: [Brik], F-in-S, [HelpStar]
Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
How to fix FF

1. Reintroduce infection spreading and killing by either:
A. Make it so that any health gain at all, from any source, whether from a backpack, medic, or healthkit, eliminates an infection. Only a heal from a medic, however, grants immunity.
or B. Make friendly respawn turrets target infected players.

2. Nerf the sniper by either:
A. Adding a scope overlay while the sniper is zoomed in, and making the rifle less accurate while zoomed out.
or B. Doubling the amount of time necessary between shots.

There. It's fixed.
Flameshield on.
Ragdoll is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2011, 04:50 PM   #2
oaties

Posts Rated Helpful 38 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
A. Make it so that any health gain at all, from any source, whether from a backpack, medic, or healthkit, eliminates an infection. Only a heal from a medic, however, grants immunity.
I agree with your ideas for sniper, but this is kinda weird. Knowing the map would make infections useless.
oaties is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
Ragdoll
Blacknight's Test Guy
D&A Member

It makes infections a defensive weapon, considering that the opposing team usually can't pick up health and ammobags from the enemy team's base.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:17 PM   #4
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Kinda confused with 1B, don't think 1A is necessary but whatever.

And please nerf snipers. Absolutely.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2011, 03:01 PM   #5
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
I have no problems getting around snipers on most maps.There are some where it's extremely difficult and frustrating unless there is a sniper on my team that's half-way decent. But as I've said before, that's not really a class balancing issue.

Trying to think of a way to fix some of those more frustrating parts though. Maybe if getting hit by bullets would through the scope out of zoom and push the target off kilt? I haven't played as a sniper in a while so I don't know if this happens in some form now. Basically, the only time I get frustrated playing another class against a sniper is when I can't leave my base because a sniper has found a good spot and just shoots every 3rd person coming out with great accuracy. It would be nice if taking pot shots could give me a chance to knock his aim off and let me sneak by.

This also doesn't destroy the power he has in a way that is too extreme which in my opinion is what you are asking. See, every other class can at least get shot, and run away from. If a scout goes against a HW he can conc away. Wont kill him, but he can run away. It's hard to do that with a sniper on some maps. So being able to shoot his aim off so you can levels the playing field a little bit.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #6
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
You know, I wouldn't mind a modification(nerf?) to the Sniper like what Binary suggests. Taking the shot could "recoil" the rifle, making you re-aim. The higher the charge, the higher the recoil. It wouldn't destroy "speed sniping"(shooting without a charged shot), but a fully charged shot would require you to re-aquire your target. Definitely a good idea. I would guess this would take minimal coding(though I could be wrong), and be fairly easy to implement.

Thoughts?
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2011, 07:09 PM   #7
Gwarsbane
Slayer of humans
D&A Member

Class/Position: I'm an Offensive Defensive person
Gametype: Fortress Forever
Affiliations: I'm a merc, only thing that talks is money
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragdoll View Post
or B. Make friendly respawn turrets target infected players.

2. Nerf the sniper by either:
A. Adding a scope overlay while the sniper is zoomed in, and making the rifle less accurate while zoomed out.
or B. Doubling the amount of time necessary between shots.

There. It's fixed.
Flameshield on.
1. Its something I have wanted, but there are sooo many problems with it. What you suggest would pretty much make infecting people useless totally even if it does spread.

Just keep it like its/was where you could pick up health and live, but it would not cure you, the only cure would still have to come from the medic.

I also think that it should take 2 to 3 seconds of being near someone to pass the infection.

And once near the entrance of a spawn zone, and side the infection would not spread. This would help keep problem players from just standing in the spawn or just outside the spawn door from infecting their own team.

2. No I don't like those ideas, but I do like this one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
You know, I wouldn't mind a modification(nerf?) to the Sniper like what Binary suggests. Taking the shot could "recoil" the rifle, making you re-aim. The higher the charge, the higher the recoil. It wouldn't destroy "speed sniping"(shooting without a charged shot), but a fully charged shot would require you to re-aquire your target. Definitely a good idea. I would guess this would take minimal coding(though I could be wrong), and be fairly easy to implement.

Thoughts?
Thats a sniper idea I could get behind.
Gwarsbane is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2011, 08:06 PM   #8
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Well as far as the medic is concerned, I think the class could be simplified by getting rid of the right click function to throw med kits, getting rid of the medikit weapon that heals/infects people, and replacing it with a weapon that shoots out some sort of projectile that will heal teammates and infect/damage enemies.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-24-2011, 11:30 PM   #9
Ragdoll
Blacknight's Test Guy
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg View Post
Well as far as the medic is concerned, I think the class could be simplified by getting rid of the right click function to throw med kits, getting rid of the medikit weapon that heals/infects people, and replacing it with a weapon that shoots out some sort of projectile that will heal teammates and infect/damage enemies.
Infection frisbee?

Old 08-25-2011, 03:35 AM   #10
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
I know some ideas are being tested in beta, but I don't know if I can divulge any details about it. I know telling people about a 'possible' feature, and then that feature gets scrapped, would be the main reason to prevent me from saying anything, but I think transparency from the Dev team to the FF community is important, even if something doesn't get finished or implemented into the game.

Remember when FF was being developed and you saw those dev journals, sorta showing people the progress of the mod as they were working on it? Well, that's what actually got me excited to play FF and I was checking the forums at least weekly before its release.

Progress shows potential results, and having the community's input or suggestions would be a great thing, IMO.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:05 AM   #11
Raynian
D&A Member

Class/Position: SPAWN CAMPING OH NO
Gametype: Ragequitting
Affiliations: [PMS]. [Shiney]
Posts Rated Helpful 26 Times
Idea. After the sniper looses a round, he immediately drops to ~150 speed, slowly rising back up to 280 over 3 seconds. He can still fire in this time, but each shot will put his speed back to 150.

Oh and also drop his base speed to 280.
7:00 PM - zE: eh tbh i like some stuff in us but a lot of stuff in us messes with my nerves
7:00 PM - zE: like watching fox news
7:00 PM - zE: its like wtf
Raynian is offline   Reply With Quote