Holy shit, thats kerrigan!
D&A Member

Class/Position: D, whatever the team needs, usually engy
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: None
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy
Wait.... you live in NY? Shit.... take a cab/bus down to Queens, and stroll through some of the rougher neighborhoods. You will lose weight quicker than shit by dodging bullets, gang members, muggers, etc.

Seriously.... how BAD do you want to lose it? My step-son lost almost 30 pounds in 2 weeks by a high-tempo work environment, and eating nothing but 1 can of tuna per meal.
(he was 23, though....and fairly bulky anyway. Some fat, but a good amount of muscule as well.)

Me? I used to ride a bicycle everywhere when I was your age. By the time I was 24, I was riding 70 miles per day(not a joke, or an exageration)....and I was a smoker(ok, that was the stupid part of it). I quit smoking about 16 months ago, and gained nearly 60 pounds, which I am still trying to get rid of. Being overweight has helped me develop early arthritis in my ankles(aided by many sprains), knees, lower back, neck, elbows and fingers. The later 3 were indirectly, but still, it was a contributer. Even when I was "in shape", I was overweight for my frame. You are still growing...so work on your metabolism(as others have said).
um dude. NY State. Not City. Buffalo, NY. Hence the comma.

if i lived in NYC i would take a stroll down to everywhere
greenday5494 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 04:53 AM   #22
4est
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to 4est
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
You're dealing with a dramatically slowed metabolism if you have someone that's classifying themselves as "fat". 1200 is plenty for someone in that state as they aren't metabolizing what they eat already.
You can never classify a person's metabolism like that. Two people, of identical size, can differ in caloric needs greatly - one could actually require 100% more calories to maintain their weight.

"Fat" does not mean you have a slow metabolism. It means you've had more input than output. One ABSOLUTE way to slow your metabolism is to severely restrict your calories.... and 1200 is severe.

Besides, his hormones are about to go nuts at any moment. He could have some great growth spurts in the near future. Now is not the time to restrict calories far below baseline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innoc
Once you get your body used to that level of intake you'd be surprised how little food you really need....and you will cut weight.
This actually supports my point. Severely restricting calories will stunt your metabolism. Your body then requires less calories. You'll also have a harder time loosing weight after that occurs.

Last edited by 4est; 03-21-2008 at 04:59 AM.
4est is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 05:00 AM   #23
Suite307

I got a crazy good metabolism.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 05:16 AM   #24
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Dude seriously, 1 tbsp of virgin olive oil a day. It will make you less hungry and will trigger your body to want less food.

Old 03-21-2008, 05:51 AM   #25
greenday5494
D&A Member

ill try out the virgin oil trick. ill mix it in with some stuff, i just gotta buy it

Last edited by greenday5494; 03-21-2008 at 06:01 AM.

Old 03-21-2008, 06:00 AM   #26
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Ewwwww you make that sound gross. Just make sure you keep moving, always. Taking gym class and some kind track and field motivates too.

Also, wash that hair. And stop eating chocolate and onions, and salteh.
there's nothing here is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 06:00 AM   #27
greenday5494
D&A Member

ill edit that out

sorry was weird mood right there

Old 03-21-2008, 06:13 AM   #28
Suite307

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
ill edit that out

sorry was weird mood right there
Sigh.
Only way to lose weight is with sweat and blood.
Eat till you're satisfied, calories schmalories, you're still growing, eat till you're full
But that doesn't mean to keep your habits, just eat moderately, don't drink a lot of cola, 1 cup is fine, a whole bottle is too much. Same thing with sweets and fat food. Kids your age don't need to get super ripped. Run around and do sports, it's the best medecine, Move till you're about to collapse. Outside > Computer.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 06:58 AM   #29
there's nothing here
lol

Location: Halfway sprawled out of a cardboard box at the bottom of a flight of stairs.
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Strange thing is, I know a few people that were fatter than fat as kids, but the moment they hit puberty shot up like.. that beanstalk story.

So yanno, maybe you're one of those lucky ones. Unless you're tall already. *glares*

Wait around to see what your body wants to do first, but don't do anything that might inhibit growth. So kinda, just do sports, be active, but don't necessarily work out like crazy. Just normal excercises like pushups and whatevers is my idea.
there's nothing here is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 09:52 AM   #30
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
My body has gone through tons of transitions over the last 10 years. I went from fat (200 pounds in the 6th grade... about 5 foot 4) to 200 pounds in the 7th grade (about 6 foot). Yeah. After that I lost weight down to about 180. Then, in the 10th grade, I moved to a small town with gravel roads. My main means of activity, skateboarding, was instantly crushed. I gained weight, to about 220, and stayed there. I didn't look fat, didn't feel fat, just weighed more.

My first year in College was weird. Everyone tends to gain weight in College, yet, I lost it. In fact, I weighed 160 at one point. I was skinny shit. Oddly, I looked exactly the same . In fact, my body has looked the same since the 7th grade... plus more muscles.

Right now I weigh 205 on the dot. I want back down to 180.

Anyway, forget what I said about eating less. You're young. If you want to lose weight when you are young... you should just run. Just go on a run for about an hour every other day. Just... run.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 10:14 AM   #31
Player
D&A Member

First, tell us what you are / were eating prior to this topic? Natural foods or fast foods? Give us a general idea of your dietary intake.

Until then, wear some shorts and a t-shirt (it is cold--cold burns more calories than neutral temperatures (mmmm, shivering)) and continue your normal life (except drink small portions of water regularly). If 'normal' means sit down at computer, make an effort to move your legs about whilst doing what you do.

Or do the following :P

In between games / every hour, jump about on the spot for five minutes: running on the spot bringing those legs up high (LOL), doing some star jumps; doing some squats, push-ups and other compound movements will wake up your body more compared to isolated movements (bicep curls? replace them with pull-ups). :P

Once you start, '"Stay motivated."' - Nuk3m :P
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 01:07 PM   #32
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
what exactly is anaerobic anf aerobic?
wow lots of people replied before I read this. But anyway, disreguarding my terrible spelling:

anaerobic: Is things like weight lifting and mussel building. It doesn't exorcise your heart, but it does build muscle which in turn does burn fat. Not as much fat aerobic, but it does burn a little fat.

aerobic: is primarily cardio exorcises, things that do exorcise your heart. Running, walking, jogging, jumping jacks and the like. This burns fat as fuel and so it burns fat much faster and in the most noticeable way. You've got to do it for more than 30 minutes though or you wont be burning any fat. Your body creates energy when you first start and uses that until it runs out.

Even walking for 30-40 minutes 3 times a week will show you major differences in around 6 weeks. 6 weeks is about what it takes to see substantial change so don't worry if you don't notice much by then. And again, if you're using a scale to chart your progress don't be discourage by a lack of weight change as building muscle will have and impact on your weight. Even if all you did was jog a little your leg muscles do get stronger, larger, and increase your weight. But you have burned fat, your heart muscles are stronger as well and you'll be healthier regardless so keep working.

These are all the things I went through every season before soccer started. I would walk 3 times a week for 30, then 45, then 60 minutes. Then I would change my workout to focus on my heart and I'd run intervals for 60 minutes which took me to around 5 miles each time. Now I do nothing and am flabby But the stuff works
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 01:48 PM   #33
Rider_55

Man 13 is WAY to early to be concerned to much about weight. you stated your weight but how tall are you currently. Knowing one without the other is essentially useless. I am guessing at 13 you probably don't have much control over what is selected for meals at home or school but you do get to control how much you consume. Eat slowly and as soon as you feel satisfied stop eating. Don't wait until you feel "Full". If you are given grief about leaving food on your plate begin to get smaller initial portions so there is less of a chance of wasting food but do not force yourself to clean your plate just.

Just try to be smart about things and don't stress over it too much. Get outside and get active especially this summer. Swimming and bicycling are two of the best activities you can do.
Rider_55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 02:39 PM   #34
Player
D&A Member

You cannot be too young to be concerned about your weight, to be honest.

With regards to your food consumption, what does your family eat (force feed you :P); if it is bad food, you may want to discuss the issue with your parents to see what they think and what steps they can take to improve what you (and your family (hopefully)) eat.

What do you currently eat?

With regards to physical activity, or lack of, just introducing simple techniques such as walking / jogging to school instead of utilising a vehicle; running / jumping up your stairs; take a break every hour from the computer and jog / run / jump on the spot for five minutes et cetera will help with your fitness; this does NOT mean you will lose fat, however; it really depends on how many calories are consumed and used; if you are eating much more than you should (13 year old calorie requirement = 2000 - 2250), the above steps will only slow your weight gain.

I would suggest applying some basic compound movements to your daily life.

Basic compound movements such as the humble push-up (chest, shoulders and triceps), pull-up (and similar (lats (and other back muscles), biceps and chest)) and squat (quadriceps and arse) to build general body strength is ideal, even if fat loss was not your concern; becoming less injury-prone should also be an incentive.

Do not attempt more than you are able to do. It will lead to injury, make you more idle and increase your weight weight :P

Binary, any exercise improves heart function; aerobic, anaerobic--it doesn't matter.

Aerobic = with oxygen whereas anaerobic = without oxygen (did you want to know this? :P)

Aerobic exercies include walking, jogging, skipping etc; anaerobic exercises include strength training and sprinting. Generally speaking, actions you cannot perform for prolonged durations.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 06:36 PM   #35
greenday5494
D&A Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by there's nothing here
Strange thing is, I know a few people that were fatter than fat as kids, but the moment they hit puberty shot up like.. that beanstalk story.

So yanno, maybe you're one of those lucky ones. Unless you're tall already. *glares*

Wait around to see what your body wants to do first, but don't do anything that might inhibit growth. So kinda, just do sports, be active, but don't necessarily work out like crazy. Just normal excercises like pushups and whatevers is my idea.
actually, i have gotton "Skinnier" since puberty. i look REALLY skinny but under my shirt im not. lol

Old 03-21-2008, 06:40 PM   #36
greenday5494
D&A Member

yes, i like aerobic better, because it FEELS i did something. but winter sucks ass. i really cant do anything. in the sumer, ill run at least a half-mile everyday on the track at my local high school

Old 03-21-2008, 06:54 PM   #37
Adamido
Its over nine thousands!!!

Class/Position: midmap pyro / o spy
Start training some martial arts, like taekwondo, karate or whatever. It's fun, requires activity which will make you lighter , and also is fun. Aaaaand, its cool to know some martial art ;P
Adamido is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 06:55 PM   #38
SkinkHero

True there's an obesity problem these days but to be honest greenday5494 you shouldn't try to go skinny at your age. Although it shows you're sensible that you care about your body weight.

To keep it ok I'd just stay away from crap foods, and be active in sports. Take up martial arts or something. Sometimes it might feel you're fat (some teens feel this way) but your body is preparing to grow.

You might also be interested to know that keeping your body fat will keep your young mind healthy. Also, there are different types of bodies; some people cannot be super skinny, etc., without seriously damaging themselves.

Whatever you do, do not go crazy on it and start starving yourself and damaging your growth...that way leads to ruin for young teens.
SkinkHero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 06:56 PM   #39
SkinkHero

Quote:
Start training some martial arts, like taekwondo, karate or whatever. It's fun, requires activity which will make you lighter , and also is fun. Aaaaand, its cool to know some martial art ;P
Sustained practice of martial arts can do great as well, as long as you enjoy it.
SkinkHero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-21-2008, 07:00 PM   #40
TurboWolf

Send a message via MSN to TurboWolf
My tip: nevar, NEVAR, NEVAR NEEEEVAAAAAAR
eat at a mcdonald's or anything simmilar to it.
Fried food will make you fat, eat cooked food.
You don't need to go for a diet, just eat something different every day.
And look at the ingredients of the packs, if it says vegetal grease anywhere, it will make you a fucking fat ball. I know vegetal grease > animal grease, but there are exceptions, cause when they spell vegetal grease they mean those special plants which produce the worst, and cheapest, grease. If they use healthy vegetal grease such as olive oil, they'll put it in the front with enormous text.
TurboWolf is offline   Reply With Quote