Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 09:22 PM   #21
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CaptainAhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 35 Times
Possibly a tiny little floating red + symbol near the ground?
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2012, 10:17 PM   #22
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester
 
KubeDawg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oklahoma
Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
A Green/white medical plus sign slightly glowing and hovering over the medpack, with some cool particle effect. Also could make a round white circle that protracts/retracts, that fades from white to transparent from the outside to the inside of the circle.
__________________
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete

Last edited by KubeDawg; 10-28-2012 at 10:19 PM.
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #23
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit
Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
i like medic but i want to be able to throw all 5 medkits with a single button push, having to clickspam 5 times is a lot of work
__________________
!add
#FF.Pickup - Quakenet

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2012, 10:22 PM   #24
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester
 
moosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
The reason I want it to be on the hud is because what if they're thrown somewhere behind your back? You wouldn't notice. :P Don't think there's a point in adding floaty shiny stuff over dropped medpacks, medpacks stand out being white already and more stuff that clogs your screen in a fast paced "what the fuck his going on?" game could be bad.
__________________
[[ ff_hotfudge - bhop_theonlyone ]]
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 10-28-2012 at 10:31 PM.
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2012, 10:25 PM   #25
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester
 
moosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleXtric View Post
i like medic but i want to be able to throw all 5 medkits with a single button push, having to clickspam 5 times is a lot of work
Can't this be done with a bind?
__________________
[[ ff_hotfudge - bhop_theonlyone ]]
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2012, 10:51 PM   #26
aleXtric
#FF.Pickup Dictator
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Detroit
Gametype: ADL
Affiliations: KiNGz .
Posts Rated Helpful 100 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
Can't this be done with a bind?
someone told me it cant be done
__________________
!add
#FF.Pickup - Quakenet

http://www.ffpickup.com/?p=irc
aleXtric is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2012, 10:58 PM   #27
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CaptainAhab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 35 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moosh View Post
The reason I want it to be on the hud is because what if they're thrown somewhere behind your back? You wouldn't notice. :P Don't think there's a point in adding floaty shiny stuff over dropped medpacks, medpacks stand out being white already and more stuff that clogs your screen in a fast paced "what the fuck his going on?" game could be bad.
To be honest, I think my eye would have a much easier time picking up on little floating plus symbols for medpacks rather than little white squares sitting on the ground.

Possibly have a little HUD symbol with a plus sign and an arrow pointing to a dropped medpack that is currently out of your vision once you are within a certain distance from it? Once you see the medpack, poof, it vanishes.
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 10-28-2012, 11:25 PM   #28
moosh
WhenNailGrenWillOut?
Beta Tester
 
moosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Gametype: mp_prematch
Affiliations: [:)] - Frag Happy, babe|
Posts Rated Helpful 29 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
To be honest, I think my eye would have a much easier time picking up on little floating plus symbols for medpacks rather than little white squares sitting on the ground.

Possibly have a little HUD symbol with a plus sign and an arrow pointing to a dropped medpack that is currently out of your vision once you are within a certain distance from it? Once you see the medpack, poof, it vanishes.
That's what I had in mind. :P I is bad at formulate sentances?!
__________________
[[ ff_hotfudge - bhop_theonlyone ]]
"As the the new year approaches I await for it like an case of explosive fecalomania otherwise know as diareha or the massive shits. I am gripping the sides of the toilet as my stomach produces the first hollow thud out of the anus of the year to come." DarkeN_HellspawN

Last edited by moosh; 10-28-2012 at 11:26 PM.
moosh is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:58 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.