Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 05-05-2012, 03:33 AM   #1
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 35 Times
NEOTOKYOº

Whelp, there's the trailer. Badass, ain't it?

Too bad it hardly has any players. Roughly the same population as FF (maybe a little less?), but I have no clue when most people tend to hop on. People seem really nice overall.

I played a few matches with a handful of people and it was really interesting. CTF, but you have no respawns (like CS), and it is very tactical.

Worth a look if there are no pickups/active pubs, I guess.
CaptainAhab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2012, 03:44 AM   #2
R00Kie
Kawaii! ルーキー
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Random
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: BiG, Kawaii!, MustacheBrigade, GoodFellas
Posts Rated Helpful 82 Times
It's a good mod, I played it some when it was first released. Shame it doesn't have more players. Same as FF.
R00Kie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2012, 03:48 AM   #3
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by R00Ki3 View Post
It's a good mod, I played it some when it was first released. Shame it doesn't have more players. Same as FF.
Yeah, I hopped on and was shocked that there was literally no one online, time and time again all day for a couple of days.

Apparently the devs all got pissed at each other and now play the game together but still really despise one another, and development has halted (though the game really doesn't need much tweaked at all according to the players). Lack of advertising, development, a player base to build off of (at least FF somewhat had this) etc. contributed to the game's now near-dead state of existence.

Finally figured out when people play (a server usually fills up Fri/Sat nights), and there was recently a tournament with a number of teams that was very well-attended, tee-shirts were given to the winners, lots participated, etc.

The music is incredible -- that was the first thing I noticed. It also has a hell of a lot of style, which is really appealing. Totally different from my two favorite games (FF and QL), but I'll need to play it more to get a better opinion. First impression was great though.

Old 05-05-2012, 04:14 AM   #4
R00Kie
Kawaii! ルーキー
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Random
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: BiG, Kawaii!, MustacheBrigade, GoodFellas
Posts Rated Helpful 82 Times
Yeah, I tried playing again awhile back but there was nobody online.

I loved the soundtrack (by Ed Harrison?), I still listen to it sometimes.
R00Kie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-05-2012, 11:13 PM   #5
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainAhab View Post
Yeah, I hopped on and was shocked that there was literally no one online, time and time again all day for a couple of days.

Apparently the devs all got pissed at each other and now play the game together but still really despise one another, and development has halted (though the game really doesn't need much tweaked at all according to the players). Lack of advertising, development, a player base to build off of (at least FF somewhat had this) etc. contributed to the game's now near-dead state of existence.

Finally figured out when people play (a server usually fills up Fri/Sat nights), and there was recently a tournament with a number of teams that was very well-attended, tee-shirts were given to the winners, lots participated, etc.

The music is incredible -- that was the first thing I noticed. It also has a hell of a lot of style, which is really appealing. Totally different from my two favorite games (FF and QL), but I'll need to play it more to get a better opinion. First impression was great though.

if you like the style, you should give http://pushbak.org/ a browse and see how the style of some NT things evolved, its really cool
9:17 PM - DEXTER: can you teach me how to play o
9:17 PM - squeek.: you jump a lot
9:18 PM - squeek.: and do sweet moves

8:55 PM - FDA: fart in you fridge and blame it on wild animals
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-12-2012, 06:47 AM   #6
CaptainAhab
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Saw a full-fledged match recently...

...really interesting game, but I dunno. For tactical shooters I guess I prefer Counter-Strike.