Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Editing > Mapping > Maps

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2007, 02:21 PM   #21
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff
 
Lost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Oklahoma
Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Quad damage crowbars only!
__________________
Do what you want cuz a pirate is free!

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-24-2007, 09:14 PM   #22
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios
 
-=bingo-bango=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
I would suggest a sort of "hold the flag" style of play...
will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
We're beta testing it now.
U do know that beta testing dosent mean its going to be released right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
Do a full A\D or CTF map and challenge yourself.I want to see him challenge himself and attempt a thorough map and come up with something schnazzy. He seems like he has the time and capabilities to do it
[sarcasim]Good job reading/researching before you post[/sarcasim] this was made in 3 hours so far...its not done...and this is certainly not my only map. Capabilities? yes. Time? fuck no, I just took a break from SS mapping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
I'm simply sick of these 1 or 2 roomed maps being pumped out, in any game. Counter-strike has half a billion maps like this and we already have the dev team making THIS map.
Nice OPINION, key word OPINION. Just cuz u dont like fast paced maps dosent mean other people dont.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Quad damage crowbars only!
rofl
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget [>]
Who gives a shit? Tired of hearing about this...

Last edited by -=bingo-bango=-; 04-24-2007 at 09:20 PM.
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-24-2007, 09:22 PM   #23
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
ff_dev_ctf is, by all accounts, a part of the map release list.

I hope to God it's the only one like it.

If it can be at all avoided, I've no intention of playing this map.
__________________
Look at all those dead links.
Circuitous is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 01:13 AM   #24
Imbrifer
Religious Stamp Machine
Retired FF Staff
 
Imbrifer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Mad City, WI
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Imbrifer
Yeah, I'm with Circ - i think ff_dev_ctf is part of the official map rotation, and why youd redo it is beyond me. I can see taking the excitement from there and building a new map, but... err... isn't this just redoing the one thats coming out with FF?
__________________
Community Mapper
2morforever, 4play, attrition, gap, fragger
and ff_training.
Imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 01:43 AM   #25
Beetle
Beta than eva'
 
Beetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
ff_dev_ctf is exciting?
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 01:49 AM   #26
nodnarb
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle
ff_dev_ctf is exciting?
Very much so.
nodnarb is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 05:27 AM   #27
Pigeons
Collected in my steps
 
Pigeons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
U do know that beta testing dosent mean its going to be released right?
In this case, yes it does.


Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
[sarcasim]Good job reading/researching before you post[/sarcasim] this was made in 3 hours so far...its not done...and this is certainly not my only map. Capabilities? yes. Time? fuck no, I just took a break from SS mapping.
It's not that I didn't read your post, or not understand that you only did this in three hours.. its the mere fact that all you do is shitty remakes of one room maps. I want to see what you are pumping out for this supposed SS mod. I just do not see the point or the reasoning behind remaking a map.. that is already completed or near completion made by the DEV team. It's like me going and remaking shutdown2 "JUST IN CASE" they decide not to release it. It's nothing but a waste of time.. and in your case.. a waste of effort considering you are not doing anything out of the box or anything worthy of a remake. Get some fucking originality.


Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
Nice OPINION, key word OPINION. Just cuz u dont like fast paced maps dosent mean other people dont.
Don't put words in my mouth you gay mammal tit. I LIKE fast paced maps. I LIKE to see the community creating unique and fun levels. What I despise the most is when someone remeshes old dog turds and calls it fresh shit.

I hope you get diarrhea for a bliven month.

Last edited by Pigeons; 04-25-2007 at 05:45 AM.
Pigeons is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 06:06 AM   #28
Gator
Community Mapper
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Gator Send a message via MSN to Gator Send a message via Yahoo to Gator
Why, you are being pretty fucked up Pigeons. Let him do whatever he wants, YOU don't have to play it.

Jesus.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 07:16 AM   #29
Pigeons
Collected in my steps
 
Pigeons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
You know how we do.
Pigeons is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 11:53 AM   #30
Everything
HOLY HELL, MEDIC QUICKLY
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Everything's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Naples, FL
Class/Position: Spy / Medic - Defense
Gametype: CTF; but not actually going for the objective
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Everything
Ah, you've been very very baddd, young one. No cookies for you!
__________________
Steam Profile
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM   #31
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff
 
[AE] 82694's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
I

Don't put words in my mouth you gay mammal tit. I LIKE fast paced maps. I LIKE to see the community creating unique and fun levels. What I despise the most is when someone remeshes old dog turds and calls it fresh shit.

I hope you get diarrhea for a bliven month.
STFU bitch. Where your map? Create your own new and Unique map and post it then maybe you have the right to talk shit. And I seconded what Kenny said NO COOKIES FOR YOU.

PS GO TO BED BITCH.
__________________
I Love GenghisTron . I miss you sooooo Much. LOL.
[AE] 82694 is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 02:08 PM   #32
Pigeons
Collected in my steps
 
Pigeons's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I have.

And it's in two leagues.

You guys need to calm down and stop taking what I say so deeply. I was pointing out the fact that this map is already in progress and that there is no point in pumping out another map. He already did a copy of that midair map that sirtiger was nice enough to let be remade.
Pigeons is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 02:26 PM   #33
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Ihmhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newark, NJ, United States
Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
Quad damage crowbars only!
Quad damage crowbars only with hold-the-flag type play. Perfect, and all of those rockets and nades NOT flying around will make the small space suck a lot less.
__________________
Support FF:
Anime: The Thread: Reloaded
The one and only anime thread on these here forums.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 04:59 PM   #34
Player
D&A Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Europe
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82694
STFU bitch. Where your map? Create your own new and Unique map and post it then maybe you have the right to talk shit. And I seconded what Kenny said NO COOKIES FOR YOU.

PS GO TO BED BITCH.
After all, film critics are well-known for making films!
Player is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 05:08 PM   #35
Mangetsu
Dangerous Pyromaniac
 
Mangetsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
After all, film critics are well-known for making films!
This must be sarcasm...after all, a moron like 82694 seems to demonstrate more than just his Bot nickname
Mangetsu is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 07:28 PM   #36
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios
 
-=bingo-bango=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
In this case, yes it does.



It's not that I didn't read your post, or not understand that you only did this in three hours.. its the mere fact that all you do is shitty remakes of one room maps. I want to see what you are pumping out for this supposed SS mod..
School: Source

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
I just do not see the point or the reasoning behind remaking a map.. that is already completed or near completion made by the DEV team. It's like me going and remaking shutdown2 "JUST IN CASE" they decide not to release it.
read...
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
If the dev team releases ff_ctf then I wont be releasing it, its just if the dev team dosent release ff_ctf, which is undecide atm, then we have a map like it. In other words this is reason for you devs to include ff_ctf in release, or else we have to settle for this...uggh...
...if someone shows me a dev post saying that ff_dev_ctf will be turned into ff_ctf, I will stop posting in this thread, rid the map, and let it drop


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
It's nothing but a waste of time.. and in your case.. a waste of effort considering you are not doing anything out of the box or anything worthy of a remake. Get some fucking originality.
do u undrrstand the concept of "break" and "shitz and gigglez"?



Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
Don't put words in my mouth you gay mammal tit. I LIKE fast paced maps. I LIKE to see the community creating unique and fun levels. What I despise the most is when someone remeshes old dog turds and calls it fresh shit.

I hope you get diarrhea for a bliven month.
rofl rofl, either ur kidding or its taht time of the month

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
I have.

And it's in two leagues.
gooood, let me c them so i can talk shit about them so were even


Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
You guys need to calm down and stop taking what I say so deeply..
were on a forum, if u want ppl to not take it so seriously, use "jk" or "[sarcasim]...[/sarcasim]" Its kind of hard to tell the "tone" otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
I was pointing out the fact that this map is already in progress and that there is no point in pumping out another map
read...
Quote:
Originally Posted by -=bingo-bango=-
If the dev team releases ff_ctf then I wont be releasing it, its just if the dev team dosent release ff_ctf, which is undecide atm, then we have a map like it. In other words this is reason for you devs to include ff_ctf in release, or else we have to settle for this...uggh...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigeons
He already did a copy of that midair map that sirtiger was nice enough to let be remade.
well, youve officialy proven yourself as a dumbass. ff_midair2 was MY remake to begin with. Tiger took over MY thread saying that he could make one better than me and posted his AFTER he made bitchy posts. Tiger was not the offical maker. The official make of ff_midair for TFC is unknown atm. BUT me nd Tiger worked things out, so dont take this the wrong way tiger its just the history.
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget [>]
Who gives a shit? Tired of hearing about this...

Last edited by -=bingo-bango=-; 04-25-2007 at 07:50 PM.
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 07:48 PM   #37
GambiT
Fortress Forever Staff
 
GambiT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Baton Rouge
Class/Position: Spy
Affiliations: -=DoM=-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
who cares if somebody else is making it or not...your version may be the one everybody plays...

screw everybody saying not to make it...

good luck and if you need help let me know..
__________________
-------------------------------FF_Rock2(WIP)------------------------------
---------------------------FF_RedGiant(Released)-------------------------
--------------------------FF_Fragzone_G(Released)------------------------
--------------------------FF_Civibash_G(Released)------------------------
-------------------FF_Conc_G1(WIP)--------------------
-------------------FF_Hollow_G(WIP)---------------------
GambiT is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 07:50 PM   #38
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios
 
-=bingo-bango=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
Quote:
Originally Posted by GambiT
who cares if somebody else is making it or not...your version may be the one everybody plays...

screw everybody saying not to make it...

good luck and if you need help let me know..
will do, im not working on it for a few more days tho, back to ss_highpoint
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget [>]
Who gives a shit? Tired of hearing about this...
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 08:18 PM   #39
Beetle
Beta than eva'
 
Beetle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I saw that "gameplay" video of SS, and it shows nothing different except for a school-themed map, which can be done on every hl2 mod. Am I missing something - Im confused?
Beetle is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 04-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #40
-=bingo-bango=-
Spirit Studios
 
-=bingo-bango=-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: Blue Team
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to -=bingo-bango=- Send a message via MSN to -=bingo-bango=-
its just a map test in HL2: DM. We cant show you the game just yet Were keeping it a secret for a while
__________________
Quote:
Originally posted by Bridget [>]
Who gives a shit? Tired of hearing about this...
-=bingo-bango=- is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.