Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Help & Technical > Server/Player Discussion

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2009, 05:23 AM   #41
Shadow00Caster
Retired FF Staff
 
Shadow00Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: Griefing/Spawn Camping
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur Gas View Post
You openly admit to cheating, yet imply I am an idiot? You can claim you did it to rage 5 year olds all you want, but for all we know you are just saying that to try and save face. I don't give a shit about whether you are staff or not, you are a piece of shit in my book.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy
You required the use of cheats to dick with 5 year olds?
My response is I still don't give a shit. I didn't do it for any specific reason, I was generally a dick back than and am not as bad now. I didn't do it for the reasoning of dicking with 5 year olds, it was just something I remember, the pre-pubescent voices screaming on voice chat.

If I was trying to save face, I wouldn't be saying anything, all responding to you does is cause you to talk more and keep the thread active. Lots of people hate me, you being one of them isn't going to offend me, I don't care what people think of me .. let me save face some more here:

HI MY NAME IS MATT, I HAVE USED HACKS IN CS .. I HAVE NO SKILL WHATSOEVER IN CS, I SUCK AT CS, I ALSO AM PRETTY SHITTY OFFENSE IN FF .. IM ALSO ADDICTED TO PORN.

So if there is anymore concern about me "saving face", you can put your concerns aside.

As if being in the clan "Asseaters" didn't scream "HI IM A DICK" loud enough...
Shadow00Caster is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 05:41 AM   #42
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Ihmhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newark, NJ, United States
Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
I don't think any forum mod, FF staffer, or server admin would turn a blind eye if a FF dev was caught cheating now.

Turning a blind eye to the past? He cheated in the past, big deal. He didn't shit all over my clan's server and that's as far as I care about it.
__________________
Support FF:
Anime: The Thread: Reloaded
The one and only anime thread on these here forums.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 05:44 AM   #43
Shadow00Caster
Retired FF Staff
 
Shadow00Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: Griefing/Spawn Camping
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
FYI:
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=57469

I read some posts that it actually does work, should probably be tested though.
Shadow00Caster is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 09:10 AM   #44
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Skanky Butterpuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
stuff that happened in CS is of no concern to me.


had you joined my (hypothetical) server with that tag, shadow, i would have banned you instantly and then made a hilarious thread publically laughing at your stupidity for wearing it after reading this thread.


also, lets try to keep the flaming to a minimum in here, children.
__________________
Support FF:
Etzell: Skanky
Etzell: The Wings are fucking fantastic
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 01:56 PM   #45
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff
 
[AE] 82694's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
If you have no admin on the AE servers just try to join with our tag that was the solution I posted at the beginning of the thread. I use it for clan tag protection, set the admins up with immunity it works well. Insta kick if you don't have the admin flag.
__________________
I Love GenghisTron . I miss you sooooo Much. LOL.
[AE] 82694 is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #46
Scuzzy
D&A Member
Retired FF Staff
 
Scuzzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Server: 206.217.134.170:27016
Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow00Caster View Post
Lots of people hate me, you being one of them isn't going to offend me, I don't care what people think of me ..
I don't hate you. You don't care that I don't hate you. It's all good.
__________________
"Player Quality, not Quantity, is what we strive for." - The LLama Wrangler
"A clan is defined by the nature of it's enemies. - The Llama Wrangler
Scuzzy is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #47
Dinosaur Gas
www.tfcgaschamber.com
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CT
Gametype: TFC
Affiliations: -CLT-
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via AIM to Dinosaur Gas Send a message via Yahoo to Dinosaur Gas
I like how I get an infraction for responding to the staff member calling me a fucking idiot.
__________________

Dinosaur Gas is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #48
xks
Exceedingly Correct.
 
xks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: London, England.
Class/Position: Variable
Gametype: QuakeLive CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur Gas View Post
You openly admit to cheating, yet imply I am an idiot? You can claim you did it to rage 5 year olds all you want, but for all we know you are just saying that to try and save face. I don't give a shit about whether you are staff or not, you are a piece of shit in my book.
I am surprised more people aren't taking this view.

One of the most famous CS gamers who is now a 'pro' gamer used to cheat his ass off in the old days and got caught on more than one occasion. This guy was forgiven near instantly by his clan (even defended to point of them denying it despite the proof) and proceeded to be allowed to continue to play in all the leagues/servers around at the time. This person has been to multiple CPL events all on the back of his hardcore cheating 'back in the day'.

In my opinion someone like that shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

You need a punishment but you also need to be able to forgive and give a second chance as almost no one can survive life without at least one second chance at something.

It's quite like a doping scandal in the olympics really, the person should be banned for at least a year from all competitions and allowed to continue after. You can't stop the person from partaking in the activity, but you can stop them from doing it competetively.

In the case of Shadow it's probably best to forget about it as it was long ago. He might have cheated but he did it blatantly in a way that identified himself and separated himself from the crowd as being a cheat. In that way it's far less irritating to the admins involved as he's an easy catch and ban.

My above example of cheating is far worse since the player hid it from everyone to gain an unfair advantage and reputation, win prizes and then when caught he got away with it directly and ended up a 'pro' gamer making money out of the game..
xks is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #49
Shadow00Caster
Retired FF Staff
 
Shadow00Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: Griefing/Spawn Camping
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scuzzy View Post
I don't hate you. You don't care that I don't hate you. It's all good.
oh nonono not u scuzz-meister, I meant dino .. sorry .. much love to the old fart
Shadow00Caster is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #50
Shadow00Caster
Retired FF Staff
 
Shadow00Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: Griefing/Spawn Camping
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xks View Post
I am surprised more people aren't taking this view.

One of the most famous CS gamers who is now a 'pro' gamer used to cheat his ass off in the old days and got caught on more than one occasion. This guy was forgiven near instantly by his clan (even defended to point of them denying it despite the proof) and proceeded to be allowed to continue to play in all the leagues/servers around at the time. This person has been to multiple CPL events all on the back of his hardcore cheating 'back in the day'.

In my opinion someone like that shouldn't be allowed to get away with it.

You need a punishment but you also need to be able to forgive and give a second chance as almost no one can survive life without at least one second chance at something.

It's quite like a doping scandal in the olympics really, the person should be banned for at least a year from all competitions and allowed to continue after. You can't stop the person from partaking in the activity, but you can stop them from doing it competetively.

In the case of Shadow it's probably best to forget about it as it was long ago. He might have cheated but he did it blatantly in a way that identified himself and separated himself from the crowd as being a cheat. In that way it's far less irritating to the admins involved as he's an easy catch and ban.

My above example of cheating is far worse since the player hid it from everyone to gain an unfair advantage and reputation, win prizes and then when caught he got away with it directly and ended up a 'pro' gamer making money out of the game..
In response, ya I did it and I admitted to it .. I don't cheat now, I also don't play cs, but if I did I wouldn't cheat because the game has gotten to a point where it's just stupid to.
Shadow00Caster is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 07:10 PM   #51
Shadow00Caster
Retired FF Staff
 
Shadow00Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: Griefing/Spawn Camping
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinosaur Gas View Post
I like how I get an infraction for responding to the staff member calling me a fucking idiot.
Again, I never directly called you an idiot, I purposely stayed away from that .. my comment(s) were directed to a general audience, however you choose to perceive what I said is all on you.
Shadow00Caster is offline  


Old 03-02-2009, 09:52 PM   #52
R22B
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Sniper / Defensive
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Cheating the past = okay.
Wearing a myg0t tag for fun = ban worthy.

Ah well, I cant even wear forg0t now



g0tmilk is next maybe?
R22B is offline  


Old 03-03-2009, 12:01 AM   #53
R22B
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Sniper / Defensive
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Banned from one server for having [gOt my milk] - many more to go.

Although, Partial did call me a nigger? Racial slurs ftl dude.
User received an infraction for this post
R22B is offline  


Old 03-03-2009, 12:38 AM   #54
PartialSchism
Keep On Keepin' On
 
PartialSchism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Mississippi
Class/Position: Offense
Gametype: Fun
Affiliations: I'm bad at FF, and my customs suck
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to PartialSchism
It's cool keep playing your little games. You won't play them on my server. Like I didn't know you would come running back and post on the forums.
PartialSchism is offline  


Old 03-03-2009, 12:51 AM   #55
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Skanky Butterpuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
hey r22b, now you can try something like [g0t banned from ff forums for being a jackass]
__________________
Support FF:
Etzell: Skanky
Etzell: The Wings are fucking fantastic
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline  


Old 03-03-2009, 12:52 AM   #56
R22B
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Sniper / Defensive
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartialSchism View Post
It's cool keep playing your little games. You won't play them on my server. Like I didn't know you would come running back and post on the forums.
Eh, I'll miss playing on the server. It was fun, if not just for bs'ing and doing the trimp maps and what not. Occasional surf map is fun, too. I won't argue _your rules_ because I know its _your server_. Unlike most of the tards, I get that theory .

Oh well.

Crap, I just realized I'm never going to play that basketball map again? Fuuuudge.
User received an infraction for this post
R22B is offline  


Old 03-03-2009, 12:57 AM   #57
Skanky Butterpuss
Beware the Hammer
Buffalo Butterpuss
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Skanky Butterpuss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Class/Position: Sabotaging your shit.
Affiliations: :}|, mimic, /KBN/
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
damn i need to ban before telling people theyre banned. its less effective when they post after you tell them
__________________
Support FF:
Etzell: Skanky
Etzell: The Wings are fucking fantastic
Etzell: They really are
Etzell: But even SAYING that makes me want to vomit
Skanky Butterpuss is offline  


Old 03-03-2009, 01:07 AM   #58
MarineXGEN
Banned
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skanky Butterpuss View Post
damn i need to ban before telling people theyre banned. its less effective when they post after you tell them
This is R22B and I only signed up to post this. Yes, that would be more effective SB.

And to everyone else, I'm sorry that you guys are so sensitive about the myg0t thing. I thought it was sort of funny until Partial, the FF forums banned me (and Scuzzy even PM'd me on OT about it). I guess just because I don't see it as a big deal doesn't mean everyone else doesn't. I apologize for any inconviences this may have caused you guys and players.

Hopefully we can put this behind us (everyone that knows me in RL knows I have twisted humor) and we can game. I'll sit my ban out here (feel free to ban this if you guys feel like it, I'll respect you guys rules).

Hopefully Santa is nice and brings me an unbanning from Partials server because I'm gonna miss it. Hard. (but I understand if I'm never unbanned)
See you guys in 24.
MarineXGEN is offline  


Old 03-03-2009, 02:06 AM   #59
[AE] 82694
Retired FF Staff
 
[AE] 82694's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
LOL
__________________
I Love GenghisTron . I miss you sooooo Much. LOL.
[AE] 82694 is offline  


Old 03-03-2009, 03:00 AM   #60
Shadow00Caster
Retired FF Staff
 
Shadow00Caster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: Griefing/Spawn Camping
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by [AE] 82694 View Post
LOL
+1
Shadow00Caster is offline  


Closed Thread


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.