Old 03-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #62
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Send a message via AIM to Lynus
Quote:
I'm not going to lie....
I have started multiple community efforts to bring public players to the competitive side of Fortress Forever.
like this?

bridget your intentions might be good, but i think you might be a bit delusional. there's a reason you weren't selected to write for FF. and the wiki thing idk, but it doesn't sound like you were very persistant in 'fixing' it. also your payload idea... you just quit on that when someone else wouldn't do the work for you. so really man what teh fuck?

im not at all trying to sit here and act like im an angel caz im not. everyone knows this, but for you to sit there day in and day out and harass the development team and trash the game as a whole is pretty fuckin ignorant.

after all, the dev team did have a meeting of the minds to discuss how next to piss you off.. get real

and for the record, i am defending the dev team. its not because they accepted me into the beta at all... how can anyone jump on like two or three guys' case who've been handed the FF project and been bailed on? if you want to be mad at someone, be mad at all the inactive devs and the ones that abandoned the project.

i really dont see what's so bad with the game. its fun. it requires a little practice, but that's part of the fun.

Old 03-07-2011, 11:11 PM   #63
Majesty
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Scout
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
There's a difference of opinion in the dev team how the game should be patched. Source code is shitty. FF Dev code is shitty and out dated. There's enough tension in the dev team you could cut through with an axe. The public servers have no standard maps on rotation. FF has no standard maps. There's hardly any intermediate competition. It's either you suck or your fucking magic (like most of you who play). Personally I'd give Bridget a job as front page news editor after that and if he fucks up I'd fire him. The only thing is, riding people isn't the way to get people to comply. It only pisses them off and makes them find something else to do. We can post as many "idea" threads. Some of them sound fucking spectacular but don't mean shit until we test them over and over and over. Something that isn't done enough. The last play test I remember was the magnet mines which crashed the servers. Beta Servers. That's another problem. We have one last I checked and it's buggy. Bridget isn't joking when there are many variables working against FF. Everyone seems pissed at something or at each other. This is sort of my resignation letter. This mod is far from dead but ya'll have to put your differences aside and work together or else it's over.
Majesty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-07-2011, 11:59 PM   #64
Porky Pig

Gametype: Capture the Flag
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
There's a difference of opinion in the dev team how the game should be patched. Source code is shitty. FF Dev code is shitty and out dated. There's enough tension in the dev team you could cut through with an axe. The public servers have no standard maps on rotation. FF has no standard maps. There's hardly any intermediate competition. It's either you suck or your fucking magic (like most of you who play). Personally I'd give Bridget a job as front page news editor after that and if he fucks up I'd fire him. The only thing is, riding people isn't the way to get people to comply. It only pisses them off and makes them find something else to do. We can post as many "idea" threads. Some of them sound fucking spectacular but don't mean shit until we test them over and over and over. Something that isn't done enough. The last play test I remember was the magnet mines which crashed the servers. Beta Servers. That's another problem. We have one last I checked and it's buggy. Bridget isn't joking when there are many variables working against FF. Everyone seems pissed at something or at each other. This is sort of my resignation letter. This mod is far from dead but ya'll have to put your differences aside and work together or else it's over.
QFT.

It isn't cute anymore to get on any server and have someone rage because the game isn't being played to their standards. Those people killed this mod. That and a lack of training mode that should have been available 2 years ago.

As for Bridget, he is a bit abrasive, but that's because the truth hurts usually to those who deny it. More power to him if it gets half of these ass clowns to realize they are, in fact, ass clowns.
User received an infraction for this post
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2011, 01:35 AM   #65
Bridget
Banned

Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynus View Post
there's a reason you weren't selected to write for FF. and the wiki thing idk, but it doesn't sound like you were very persistant in 'fixing' it. also your payload idea... you just quit on that when someone else wouldn't do the work for you. so really man what teh fuck?
No shit, I stated those reasons in my post. Second, I never committed myself to the Payload gamemode. If you would have read the thread title, you would have seen that magical world called experiment. Really, I did what I set out to do; I created the scripting for the game-mode. I never said I was going to do a map. I merely implied that the code was done, needed a map to be complete, and anyone could have the code if they wanted to do a map.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2011, 01:45 AM   #66
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
There has been disagreement and tension in the FF dev team since day 1. If you were to read the old FF dev forums (pre-release), you'd see it was almost nonstop in-fighting and arguments. The new dev team gets along famously in comparison (we also get along generally, there isn't much disagreement outside of gameplay-related things; it's never really gotten personal or anything).

That aside, I'm sad to see you leave, especially since I think you just happened to join the team at an awkward stage of development. I can't argue that the past few months haven't been rough, disorganized, not well managed, etc, etc, etc (not to mention a lot of devs have real life stuff going on). Hopefully, though, we can move forward, release 2.42, and go from there.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington

Last edited by squeek.; 03-08-2011 at 01:49 AM.
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2011, 12:29 PM   #67
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

Quote:
what a joke.

Old 03-08-2011, 02:21 PM   #68
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
Really chef? You couldn't keep that to yourself?
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2011, 05:51 PM   #69
Drakonal
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Spy/Engy
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Nah he couldn't keep it to himself, Chef is a cry baby douche bag who bitches, starts shit, and eggs on drama, then trys to wave the ban hammer if anyone gives him even a little spec of crap for it.

Your a fucking hypocrite Chef, why your an admin or channel op in IRC is beyond me.
Drakonal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2011, 06:28 PM   #70
zE
Pew pew ze beams

Gametype: Gathers
Affiliations: pew pew
lol Majesty that was a fast rage quit : p
zE is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2011, 09:35 PM   #71
~kev~
pmagnvs

Class/Position: Engineer - D
Gametype: Free for all CTF - no stupid clan rules
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper18 View Post
rather than balancing it on bias, and on what a select group of people think?
That has been the downfall of FF - a small group of people, who favor certain classes have taken the game in an unfavorable direction.

When FF was released, I beat the FF drum on just about every forum I was a member of. But I stopped due to the maturity of the community and the maturity of the developers. Instead of taking the game in a direction that was favorable for the majority, the developers continued to tweak other classes so that the medic and scout had the advantage.

When fans of the game say "I do not like this", and the developers say "too bad", what do you "really" expect?

Last weekend I was watching a game of FF - and the medics and scouts were conc jumping circles around the sentry guns. That is so freaking lame, and its a prime example of what is wrong with FF. The sentry gun needs to be fast enough so that a medic nor scout can get anywhere near the flag. But that will never happen because the developers favor the medic and scout.

Instead of making FF so that other classes are needed to break through an enemy defense, the developers make the scout and medic fast enough to bunny hop or conc past everything.

Then there is the competitive play issue, which has been forced onto players. I do not care about competitive play, so when a pub server tries to force their competitive play rules on people, the people leave, like what I did.

Let the people play the way they want to. But instead of doing that, admins kick and ban players for not playing a certain way.

Everything about Fortress Forever has alienated it from the gaming community. Its by the very hands that created it, in which FF will die.

As far as I am concerned, FF is dead - and it died a long time ago.

Fortress Forever could have been an amazing game, but favoritism killed it.

This is my first post in about 8 months, and my first serious post in over a year. I'll be back in another year or so to see if anyone is still around.

Last edited by ~kev~; 03-08-2011 at 09:37 PM.
~kev~ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-08-2011, 09:55 PM   #72
Bridget
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonal View Post
Nah he couldn't keep it to himself, Chef is a cry baby douche bag who bitches, starts shit, and eggs on drama, then trys to wave the ban hammer if anyone gives him even a little spec of crap for it.
That's absolutely correct.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 PM   #73
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
For the record, this is how you make a protest post, without attacking people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
That has been the downfall of FF - a small group of people, who favor certain classes have taken the game in an unfavorable direction.

When FF was released, I beat the FF drum on just about every forum I was a member of. But I stopped due to the maturity of the community and the maturity of the developers. Instead of taking the game in a direction that was favorable for the majority, the developers continued to tweak other classes so that the medic and scout had the advantage.

When fans of the game say "I do not like this", and the developers say "too bad", what do you "really" expect?

Last weekend I was watching a game of FF - and the medics and scouts were conc jumping circles around the sentry guns. That is so freaking lame, and its a prime example of what is wrong with FF. The sentry gun needs to be fast enough so that a medic nor scout can get anywhere near the flag. But that will never happen because the developers favor the medic and scout.

Instead of making FF so that other classes are needed to break through an enemy defense, the developers make the scout and medic fast enough to bunny hop or conc past everything.

Then there is the competitive play issue, which has been forced onto players. I do not care about competitive play, so when a pub server tries to force their competitive play rules on people, the people leave, like what I did.

Let the people play the way they want to. But instead of doing that, admins kick and ban players for not playing a certain way.

Everything about Fortress Forever has alienated it from the gaming community. Its by the very hands that created it, in which FF will die.

As far as I am concerned, FF is dead - and it died a long time ago.

Fortress Forever could have been an amazing game, but favoritism killed it.

This is my first post in about 8 months, and my first serious post in over a year. I'll be back in another year or so to see if anyone is still around.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #74
reaper18
sKeeD
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout, Demo, Solly
Gametype: Any
Posts Rated Helpful 21 Times
Send a message via AIM to reaper18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakonal View Post

Your a fucking hypocrite Chef, why your an admin or channel op in IRC is beyond me.
QFT
Even though the internet offers the best type of anonymousness, people will still show their true colors and who they really are.
reaper18 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 01:23 AM   #75
Bridget
Banned

Criticism without insult is like butter without toast.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #76
Hirohito
The last true Emperor
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post
rant
I completely agree with this. In addition, the community is god-awful and has pissed on everything the devs have tried to do with the game. I remember beta-testing a map for months, but when it's released, nobody played it. Hell, even the CZ2 changes, which were great, just pissed off the community.

FF is dead. You can't really move back to TFC either, because it seems to heading down that way as well, as the Gas Chamber, the last major non 2fort or Dustbowl pub server, is going offline. It's too bad; TFC is excellent when you know how to play it. Now it's turned into a graveyard of 24/7 2fort servers (which I don't mind, but at least switch it up by going to Well or Openfire once in a while) and elitist-filled servers that only run poorly-made custom maps (FF). With the death of FF and the Gas Chamber, fucking around and having a good old time in TFC is gone.

I've been thinking about writing up a post-mortem from a beta tester's POV.

I'd like to say that even though the community was filled with assholes, I had a great time with you guys beta-testing and the like. What we did in the beta-tests is how FF should've been played, not the circlejerk that it became. Plus, this place helped me learn how fun it is to edit wikis, which I still do.

Last edited by Hirohito; 03-09-2011 at 01:43 AM.
Hirohito is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 05:27 AM   #77
Lynus
I like Ceyx
Beta Tester

what neon? majesty is a joke. he joined the ff dev team for what - 2 weeks? and in those 2 weeks, spent most of his free time playing tf2 or fiddlefucking around with the unreal development kit. like i said - a joke. (ironic fiddle and joke in the same sentence? i think not)

Drakonal must have made one too many grilled stuffed burrito's for his wife's fatass while working at taco bell to be that mad, lol. hate to say it Drakonal, but you're a major crutch to any team in a pickup. putting you anywhere besides engineer on defense is like 'winning' with charlie sheen.

I suppose I could have went idly by without saying a peep.. I mean what's so wrong with having a dev for my favorite game come in, gain access to the FF sourcecode, and leave within a month without doing a single thing for the game?

You're right drak, neon, skeed, etc... I shouldn't have said shit.

Drakonal
Total Posts

gg scrubby

Last edited by Lynus; 03-09-2011 at 05:29 AM.
Lynus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 06:51 AM   #78
spambot2.1

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
insulting someones skill in a video game...extreme nerd rage to the max!
spambot2.1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-09-2011, 08:16 AM   #79
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hirohito View Post
I'd like to say that even though the community was filled with assholes, I had a great time with you guys beta-testing and the like. What we did in the beta-tests is how FF should've been played, not the circlejerk that it became. Plus, this place helped me learn how fun it is to edit wikis, which I still do.
To be honest, I think the FF community would make for a great psychological study by a major university. I agree there's a ton of assholes, but think of what we could learn from such a large concentration of misanthropes and idiots. That's perhaps the one good thing about the FF community, there's a huge scientific discovery waiting to happen.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:49 AM   #80
squeek.
Stuff Do-er
Lua Team
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Rallygun Shooter
Gametype: Conc tag (you just wait)
Affiliations: Mustache Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 352 Times
Send a message via AIM to squeek.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
To be honest, I think the FF community would make for a great psychological study by a major university. I agree there's a ton of assholes, but think of what we could learn from such a large concentration of misanthropes and idiots. That's perhaps the one good thing about the FF community, there's a huge scientific discovery waiting to happen.

My Non-official Maps
Released FF_DM_Squeek - FF_2Mesa3_Classic - FF_Siege_Classic
Beta FF_Myth - FF_Redlight_Greenlight

Sick of the people on the internet, always moanin'. They just moan.
- Karl Pilkington
squeek. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
miseswasthegodfather, nutswinghardermoosh, otsux, rothbardwasagenius, threadlockbridgetgay, usasucksdick