Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 10-27-2007, 06:58 AM   #1
Arganius

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
FF is the best mod i've played yet

I've played and a lot and you guys gave a old game new life. Not to say I'm not excited about TF2 but its a different Team fortress style with their changes. The maps are great and i love how we have old TFC maps there too (so thanks to all the mappers. You did GREAT). The classes are also easier to pick up. For example. The spy. I used to SUCK at the spy in TFC. With the new interface i can use it easiliy, and my favorite class changed from HW Guy to the spy. Now i'm sabotaging and spying the whole game. My only beef is that the assault cannon doesn't spread as much as it did but thats barely anything, and not that don't like the well map but it seems half the servers are well, its a shame to see all the other maps go to waste like dustbowl.

So great work guys! I'll be playing this for ages!
Arganius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 07:36 AM   #2
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

The funny thing is most people agree well needs the most tweaking. Now the other maps have things I'd change here and there but well has the most yet its probably still the most played pub map. I think its just overall easier for players to learn right away compared to the rest of the maps. dustbowl in its current condition I think confuses newer players. It isn't 100% apparent which direction they are supposed to go. In the future though I think we'll see more maps played.

HW by the way is also going to be more like his TFC brother after the next patch so you'll enjoy that again.

I also agree FF is the best third party source mod out right now. I haven't played Insurgency but after reading some reviews most people say its just eye candy and bad game play.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Private_Joker
a fucking comedian
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout and Medic
Gametype: CTF
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Private_Joker
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
I haven't played Insurgency but after reading some reviews most people say its just eye candy and bad game play.
I haven't played it either, but I'm gonna guess that those people who say that played in public servers. Insurgecy looks too similar to Battlefield for its own good; Battlefield series are excellent, excellent games...but so terrible to play in public servers, because all people do is frag instead of work together. Insurgency looks like one of those games made perfect for serious competition (as Battlefield is, made for clans instead of players.)

Fortress Forever is eye candy with gameplay kind of in the middle; fun to play in public servers, but funner to play in clans.

-Joker
Private_Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-27-2007, 06:17 PM   #4
fishBurger
get off my lawn

Class/Position: O scout / demo
Gametype: killing
Insurgency is a good mod, but it's not very intuitive or noob friendly, and has a few issues with bugs... but if you get a good game going, its fun.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:52 PM   #5
Arganius

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishBurger
Insurgency is a good mod, but it's not very intuitive or noob friendly, and has a few issues with bugs... but if you get a good game going, its fun.
Played it. Its basicly ultra realistic but insanely fun. The graphics are superb. Its a pretty tactical game. Don't use teamwork and you wont survive
Arganius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 AM   #6
df`

I liked a lot of things about Insurgency, but gave it up after 1 or 2 rounds because it had performance issues on my machine, and just seemed really buggy...way more so than FF 1.0. Also, TKers/griefers were a problem. I'm gonna give it another go after 1.2 is released.
df` is offline   Reply With Quote