Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: :e0: Founder
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Send a message via AIM to Nuk3m
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
cake ftw
definitly
except the cake is all gone now too bad. you should have listened. no cake left.
Nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 07:12 AM   #22
FullMonty
Yarr.

I played all the way through Ep2 already, shorter than I was expecting or I must have hauled ass.

Loved the entire episode, definatly. Will grab screenshots tomorrow, and try portal.
FullMonty is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 03:30 PM   #23
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Quote:
Originally Posted by FullMonty
I played all the way through Ep2 already, shorter than I was expecting or I must have hauled ass.

Loved the entire episode, definatly. Will grab screenshots tomorrow, and try portal.
no, your right, as have once again been raped by valve in sense of time. after all 3 episodes, total play time will be around 12 hours probably after spending 80$ worth of episodes. i feel a little ripped off.

Old 10-11-2007, 03:53 PM   #24
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

To be fair, they could have easily padded the gameplay time by going the Doom 3/Halo route of massive unnecessary repetition
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM   #25
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

I'm quite happy with Episode 2 so far. I didn't like Episode 1 very much but it was better than HL2. At this rate the games keep getting better as Valve is getting better and more comfortable with their own engine. People who complain about Episode 1 or 2 being short should remember it is an Episode. Portal and TF2 are mostly for "multiplayer/community" value rather than what you can do in them by yourself.
SoBe Green is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-11-2007, 08:06 PM   #26
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuk3m
no, your right, as have once again been raped by valve in sense of time. after all 3 episodes, total play time will be around 12 hours probably after spending 80$ worth of episodes. i feel a little ripped off.
As many times I've played ep1 and as many times as I think I'll be playing ep2, it was worth every penny but, hey, I don't blame others for what I choose to buy either. YMMV.
SME is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2007, 04:34 AM   #27
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

for me, ep1 was frustrating as crap, in addition to the hl2 vehicle stuff; i think ep2 did a better job of including the vehicle by not going on and on for like miles, getting out, kill combines, get in, drive some more, get out, kill combines, etc etc.

plus, the new fight scenes w/ hunters were actually fun. i remember ep1 being tedious, compared to ep 2.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2007, 04:45 AM   #28
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Uudge
for me, ep1 was frustrating as crap, in addition to the hl2 vehicle stuff; i think ep2 did a better job of including the vehicle by not going on and on for like miles, getting out, kill combines, get in, drive some more, get out, kill combines, etc etc.

plus, the new fight scenes w/ hunters were actually fun. i remember ep1 being tedious, compared to ep 2.
I had fun with both but I haven't had time to play agian so I still haven't finished ep2. I'll often play a round of ep1 just to be sadistic with the super gravity gun. That's just good clean fun...

Old 10-12-2007, 05:04 AM   #29
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Just bought the Orange box.
Its downloading, can't wait to play Portal and Ep2 tomorrow

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2007, 05:30 PM   #30
Nuk3m
Banned

Class/Position: Scout / Offense
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
Just bought the Orange box.
Its downloading, can't wait to play Portal and Ep2 tomorrow
play portal first. youll see why

Old 10-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #31
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
I finished portal last night (mmmm cake) and I've played ep2. Orangebox is a good deal, if you're not a penny pinching cheapskate with unrealistic expecations, I guess. YMMV.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:52 AM   #32
GeoKill----->
Community Member
Server Owner
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator

Class/Position: Soldier/Spy/Scout
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: :e0:Eternal Order Leader
Posts Rated Helpful 12 Times
Quote:
I started playing Portal first, not finished yet but after that I plan to play Ep.2

:e0: Will live on Forever
Support FF:
GeoKill-----> is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2007, 01:43 AM   #33
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoKill----->
I started playing Portal first, not finished yet but after that I plan to play Ep.2
Well, I've finished both now. I'm still playing with the advanced and challenge levels in portal. I liked this one better than I thought. I wasn't very interested in portal but it clearly beat my low expectations. If there are going to be community portal maps, it could have an semi-endless supply.

Ep2 was fun, longer than many here seem to complain about but I don't rush through, I like to explore and take snapshots with the gnome and playing with the hula dancer. I'll play ep2 many times but ep1 was slightly better, imo.

TF2 has been my biggest disappointment with the orangebox bundle but was still worth the price, imo. Once the SDK is updated and all of the plugins flood in, TF2 will be worth playing again too.

Old 10-17-2007, 02:53 AM   #34
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

The unfortunate part of Portal is how easy it is beat the second time through. I was showing my neighbor the game and accidentally flew straight through the game in one sitting. I'm waiting on community maps. I'd love to see some of the good conc map mappers make some hard ones. I'd imagine it takes that same kind of creative mind to make a good portal map.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:05 AM   #35
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoBe Green
The unfortunate part of Portal is how easy it is beat the second time through. I was showing my neighbor the game and accidentally flew straight through the game in one sitting. I'm waiting on community maps. I'd love to see some of the good conc map mappers make some hard ones. I'd imagine it takes that same kind of creative mind to make a good portal map.
Try playing the challenge/advanced maps. The same thought (re conc mappers) crossed my mind and, while playing, I thought about how many different possiblities there must be for some of the levels. Some of the advanced and challenge maps are HARD (for me) to figure out. I played lvl 13 challenge with "least steps" It started with 30 steps (or no cake) and my first try it took me 42. An hour or two later I finally got it in 24 steps. Then it lowered the bar to 20 steps, where I gave up, without cake.

Old 10-17-2007, 03:54 AM   #36
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

They are hard for me as well. I guess I'm just pretty horrible because I never have saw anywhere in there to get those awards.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:04 AM   #37
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
They are hard for me as well. I guess I'm just pretty horrible because I never have saw anywhere in there to get those awards.
The cake or the advanced/challenge maps?

After you finish the game it unlocks the other maps, you access them via "Bonus Maps" in the menu. The cake may or may not be a lie, depending on who you ask.

Last edited by SME; 10-17-2007 at 04:12 AM.

Old 10-17-2007, 04:56 AM   #38
SoBe Green
SoBe Yourself

I have the advanced maps but when I complete them I'm not told anything about steps or how many portals I used like I hear other people talk about.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:58 AM   #39
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Anyone tried the custom portal map called quake? Geez that'd difficult... I got to one part, only 1 part of the room had a place to put a portal, and I couldn't get to it the conventional(jump and hope to land) way, I had to jam a door with a red laser robot, and create a portal in another room...
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2007, 06:22 AM   #40
SME
Damn lazy bastard

Quote:
I have the advanced maps but when I complete them I'm not told anything about steps or how many portals I used like I hear other people talk about.
The advanced maps are just harder it's the challenge maps that you can pick least steps, fastest time, etc.