Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

Old 08-06-2006, 05:57 PM   #81
o_blashy

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
The spy is one of those useless classes (pretty much) in organised play, he's just too easy to spot by experienced players.

I don't see the changes they are doing being bad at all.

They can certainly makes changes as necessarry, but I'm happy they are looking at making ALL classes interesting and valuable assets in equal terms.
o_blashy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 06:01 PM   #82
o_nuk3m

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
not true completely, if you organize it right, and hoard like 2 other people with him its too much action to pay attention to, this usually helps in sabo'ing someones sg intime bef u get killed. its all about taking things out with spy, spies are bad flag recoverers. ok so my engi is running towards the flag when i know he is supposed to be upstairs in the respawn area. *SHOOT SHOOT* *BANG BANG* the spy is dead. but hey a soldier he up here defending with me neato! wtf stop nading my sg buttfuck! oh no he was a spy! *tears of saddness stream down my face*
o_nuk3m is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-06-2006, 10:55 PM   #83
o_jarek

i love the switching weapons thing (learn to flash ingame voice icon for spycheck)

i hate the sabotage crap (you arent just asking for the sg to tk shit, you are asking for people to be absolutely paranoid about spies and for engies to play isolated positions)

i hate anything related to cloaking (screw ragdoll physics. feign.)

i hope to god you are keeping the knife the same.

PS. dont forget that dming 'medic style' as spy is possible, you just have more predictable alternatives than concing by.
o_jarek is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 AM   #84
o_glitch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blashy
The spy is one of those useless classes (pretty much) in organised play, he's just too easy to spot by experienced players.
QFT. It used to be easy deceiving the enemy, but the sole reason the disguisement is still being used today is to get past the ever so unsuspecting sentry guns. The spys position has inevitably been weakend as the players become more experienced.
o_glitch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 11:40 AM   #85
o_ghost

Spy is far from useless in organized play. A good spy brings a lot to the table. True they might not be usefull on every map out there but a good percentage of the time there's at least 1 spy running offense for a team.
o_ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 12:12 PM   #86
o_gunslinger

Spy not being able to feign sucks and will remove a lot of the fun and sneakiness from playing spy.

Need to give the spy ability to flash a voice icon too, as someone else said.
o_gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 PM   #87
o_dammage

Spy is just like English: easy to play it bad, hard to learn it to use perfectly.
And what can we do about all the masses of headless people jumping towards the flag like idiots and therefore abandon their disguise?
He relies on his team very much and the team relies on him very much. Unfortunately the headless ones forget the first and the second fact
o_dammage is offline   Reply With Quote