Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: A little bit o' everythin'
Gametype: Also a little bit o' everythin'
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater, *SJB Straight Jacket Brigade
Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Loads of people complained about the graphics. That is almost certainly going to get an overhaul.

Select the pistol, and then, select your horse.
Ihmhi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #142
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Ditto.

A friend of mine pointed out that Starcraft II looked more cartoony-ish when Blizzard first showed off screenshots, then fans bitched, and now it looks more realistic. If you're an optimist, you can conclude that Blizzard listens to it's fans and Diablo III will move away from the generic look it has now to the more specific Diablo style.

Yes I understand the irony in saying 'make it the old way so it's less generic'.
Yes. It does look very generic currently. A lot of games have a dark look to it, but they don't have a true gothic feel akin to what Diablo has. This, though, looks like the plethora of chinese free MMO's that copy WoW's style. It's pretty... lame.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2008, 05:39 PM   #143
Suite307

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihmhi
Loads of people complained about the graphics. That is almost certainly going to get an overhaul.
No. Loads of people = 300 people = not loads. Think again.
Suite307 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2008, 05:51 PM   #144
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suite307
No. Loads of people = 300 people = not loads. Think again.
It's much more than 300 people.

There was a petition that was started on a D3 community website. When I signed, there were some 900 signatures already there. By the time websites like Kotaku posted a link to it in an article, it shot up from 2000 to 7000 in about 6 hours. Now it's at about 12,000 signatures.

The thing about it, though, is that if bots were doing it you'd see a constant increase in signatures (usually refreshing it every 30 seconds would show this). That hasn't been the case for most of the night. In about 30 minutes of it being shown on Kotaku and G4, the signature count jumped from 2000 to 5000. People are genuinely not happy with the way the game looks.

Even if there are repeat signatures or bots now, there's no denying the sheer number of people that signed almost immediately after those articles were posted.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #145
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Send a message via AIM to Ihmhi Send a message via MSN to Ihmhi Send a message via Yahoo to Ihmhi
Credge, links to the Kotaku article and petition?

Old 07-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #146
Suite307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
It's much more than 300 people.

There was a petition that was started on a D3 community website. When I signed, there were some 900 signatures already there. By the time websites like Kotaku posted a link to it in an article, it shot up from 2000 to 7000 in about 6 hours. Now it's at about 12,000 signatures.

The thing about it, though, is that if bots were doing it you'd see a constant increase in signatures (usually refreshing it every 30 seconds would show this). That hasn't been the case for most of the night. In about 30 minutes of it being shown on Kotaku and G4, the signature count jumped from 2000 to 5000. People are genuinely not happy with the way the game looks.

Even if there are repeat signatures or bots now, there's no denying the sheer number of people that signed almost immediately after those articles were posted.
3/4 of the people whining about the graphics never played WoW. They still won't change the freakin graphics. i bet half of the names on the online petition are names like Johnny McCock or Roger Ass. Don't forget about duplicate names.

Old 07-02-2008, 06:42 PM   #147
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Credge, links to the Kotaku article and petition?
Sure.

http://kotaku.com/5021118/diablo-fan...nst-diablo-iii

http://www.petitiononline.com/d3art/petition.html

Quote:
3/4 of the people whining about the graphics never played WoW.
Do you mean the 9 million people who play WoW now or the some 30 million that have ever played WoW? Seriously? Do you even need to play WoW to know that WoW looks like Warcraft 3? Or what about the simple fact that you can look at screenshots and see the similarities?

You know, something like this:

Color him green and he looks exactly like an orc straight from WoW/WC3.

More?

K.

Or how about this? Examine the center picture. Is that WoW or D3? Then, look to the right. Can you honestly tell me that the two don't look incredibly close?

Quote:
They still won't change the freakin graphics. i bet half of the names on the online petition are names like Johnny McCock or Roger Ass. Don't forget about duplicate names.
They won't? You mean like how they didn't with Starcraft 2 when the fans complained?

Hows this for a quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablo 3's Lead Designer Jay Wilson
We're trying to balance satisfying the fans and also creating a game that feels like our own.
Yeah? Really?

I've already explained why the bot thing and fake names are not an issue, but I'll give you another reason why bots are not the case.

If bots were fucking with the petition, we'd be seeing more than 12,000 right now. The number of signatures would be near half a million.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-02-2008, 06:59 PM   #148
Suite307

Oh yes, the orcs which are loosely based on Barbarian Tribes look like the D3 Barbarian. So what ?

The 3rd image on barbchick is diablo 3 not wow.

OH yes. Very WoW-esque graphics. That's a Female Warrior by the way. No it doesn't look like anything in WoW.
This dwarf must of been the basis of the barbarian because he looks just like him! Woo!

Pleasing 15000 people will displease another 75000. Get your pants out of that ass crack.

Last edited by Suite307; 07-02-2008 at 07:05 PM.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:12 PM   #149
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Pleasing 15000 people will displease another 75000. Get your pants out of that ass crack.

That is all.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-02-2008, 07:35 PM   #150
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

You guys are ridiculous, the game wont be out for another year and a half...2 at the most and you're complaining about the graphics...give me a break! I seriously hope Blizzard does release the game with these graphics, you guys should just be glad they've decided to do another Diablo game, you ungrateful babies are crying about the graphics while none of you probably have thought about how difficult it is to make a game like D3 or WoW. Quit acting ridiculous and wait for the damn game to come out, your constant whining doesn't help anything except make you look less like adults and more like the kid who got socks for Christmas.
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2008, 08:09 PM   #151
Ihmhi
[AE] 0112 Ihmhi *SJB
Wiki Team
Fortress Forever Staff

Right, because you've never acted like a fanboy over a game you love, ever.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...d.php?p=274755

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rutabeggar
For everyone else, hey good for you, you like TF2, go lick Gabe Newell's shoes and beg him for more eye candy next time. I'm sure all Valve needs to ask any of you is "Will you please" and you will magically end up doing it (another game brought to you VIA Steam......). In the meantime, I will do what I can to spread Fortress Forever as the alternative and cure for Valve and its mentally retarded child TF2
The game's pretty. The environment's are lush and beautiful, very vivid.

The thing is, Diablo doesn't fucking do vivid and lush. It's supposed to be dark and scary.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:26 PM   #152
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:

The thing is, Diablo doesn't fucking do vivid and lush. It's supposed to be dark and scary.
DINGDINGDINGDINGDING

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-02-2008, 08:29 PM   #153
Constipated_Zombie

I want his cookie.
Constipated_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2008, 08:39 PM   #154
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
....right, because Act 1 of D2 wasn't kind of lush and pretty before slowly descending into madness... You've seen 4 minutes of gameplay, quit fuckign whinging.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #155
Rutabeggar
D&A Member

Quote:
Right, because you've never acted like a fanboy over a game you love, ever.

http://www.fortress-forever.com/foru...d.php?p=274755

I never said I hadn't...My previous post in this thread said I reacted angrily just like the majority of other people...but TF2 and FF are so vastly different that the graphics are just a small part to it...the graphics of D3 compared to previous installments won't change the core of the game and everyone complaining with how it looks now should probably just wait a little longer and see if they possibly change it. Just relax, you've seen so little of what's going to be an epic game!

And too be honest, if that's your only evidence of me acting like a fanboy against TF2 then I suggest you dig a bit deeper =P
Rutabeggar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2008, 10:05 PM   #156
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
....right, because Act 1 of D2 wasn't kind of lush and pretty before slowly descending into madness... You've seen 4 minutes of gameplay, quit fuckign whinging.
Act 1 of D2 WASN'T ANY KIND OF LUSH AND PRETTY, what the hell are you even talking about?

LOOK AT HOW LUSH AND PRETTY IT IS!

Sorry, it's instantly dark and moody in D1 and D2. D3? Nope, not at all.

Quit being a hypocrite.

Edit: Weird, how am I seeing his replies? He's been on my ignore for the past two days.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-02-2008, 10:14 PM   #157
Suite307

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
Act 1 of D2 WASN'T ANY KIND OF LUSH AND PRETTY, what the hell are you even talking about?

LOOK AT HOW LUSH AND PRETTY IT IS!

Sorry, it's instantly dark and moody in D1 and D2. D3? Nope, not at all.

Quit being a hypocrite.

Edit: Weird, how am I seeing his replies? He's been on my ignore for the past two days.
Quit being a retard if you sum up the colors of d1 and d2 you get about 10 colors, not counting the horrible gamma. It was lush and pretty. Now they make it 3d , you saw 20minutes of footage and you assume that the whole fucking game is like that ? Shove a fucking jagged knife up your ass and shut the hell up.

Old 07-02-2008, 10:22 PM   #158
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
Quit being a retard if you sum up the colors of d1 and d2 you get about 10 colors, not counting the horrible gamma. It was lush and pretty. Now they make it 3d , you saw 20minutes of footage and you assume that the whole fucking game is like that ? Shove a fucking jagged knife up your ass and shut the hell up.
You're fucking adorable. Shove a FUCKING jagged knife up my ass? Fuck yeah.

Get a grip. The 20 minutes we saw consisted of one place we KNOW VERY WELL FROM DIABLO FUCKING 1 and THE WOODS SURROUNDING TRISTRAM. We KNOW what they look like and they DO NOT look a god damned thing like how they did. Not only from a color perspective, but from a god damned design and mood perspective.

Get a god damned grip.

Edit: No, get a god damned clue. Go read some of the fucking lore on the website. Go look at what Deckard fucking Cain has to say about the dungeon that you rescue him from.

OH MAN I HAD SUCH A HARD TIME SEEING THINGS IN THAT VIDEO. I WAS SO DISORIENTED.

Go read more before you speak ever again. Ever.

Ronald Reagan

Old 07-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #159
SmellyCat
Darknight

wow...

/leaves thread
SmellyCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-02-2008, 11:45 PM   #160
Constipated_Zombie

This thread has been captured by Credge, the L(wh)oremaster.
Constipated_Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote