Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 11-17-2007, 04:38 AM   #1
barronofhellion

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Aliens VS Predators: Requiem

http://www.avp-r.com/
just wanted some comments... will it be lame or good ? looks to me like another avp movie with no name actors ... yet still will be intresting to watch
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 08:10 AM   #2
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Don't really care much about AVP, didn't like the movie that much, never played the games...
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 01:50 PM   #3
Digital_Ghost

This one i believe will kick ass. For starters it has a couple of directors who know what they are doing as opposed to Paul W.S Anderson who is full of shit. All Paul did with the first AVP was take all the good stuff and ideas from the previous Alien and Predator movies and a couple things from the Novel," Aliens VS Predator: Prey", which was originally selected to be the basis for the original AVP movie script back in 1987, which was latter canned. Which it shouldn't of been since it was an amazing book along with it's sequels.

Any who, before i get sidetracked to much, personally i think Colin and Greg Strausse will do this movie some good justice and bring a little life back to the franchise again and give the people, and most importantly the fans this time what they want along with a very hard "R" rating this time.
Digital_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 02:31 PM   #4
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Gametype: FPS or RTS (just say NO to MMO)
Affiliations: Your Mom
Posts Rated Helpful 8 Times
Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
seriously...I have a baaaaaad feeling about this...

You eventually run out of other people's money to spend.
Innoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 02:38 PM   #5
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
^lol nice.
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 02:41 PM   #6
leilei
o^_^o

Class/Position: O
kidz love avp.

:/
leilei is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 03:35 PM   #7
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Send a message via AIM to BinaryLife
The firs tone was terrible. It was a good example of how special effects and good trailers are more important to a production company than good actors, good screenplays and the like.

I don't have confidence in this movie at all, and wont pay for it. The concept is great, but I don't believe that it will translate well to film unless it's greatly strayed from.
BinaryLife is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #8
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ghost
This one i believe will kick ass. For starters it has a couple of directors who know what they are doing as opposed to Paul W.S Anderson who is full of shit.
OK, the directors of the new one haven't done antything before. Their history is directing Nickleback music videos. The fact that they can be around Nickleback without punching them all in the face is a bad sign to start with. I don't see how it's possible for them to not suck with a movie like this. A movie like this needs an experienced, good director not two guys who are making their debut with it.

Old 11-17-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Send a message via ICQ to Innoc Send a message via AIM to Innoc Send a message via MSN to Innoc Send a message via Yahoo to Innoc
Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
OK, the directors of the new one haven't done antything before. Their history is directing Nickleback music videos. The fact that they can be around Nickleback without punching them all in the face is a bad sign to start with. I don't see how it's possible for them to not suck with a movie like this. A movie like this needs an experienced, good director not two guys who are making their debut with it.
HAHAHAHAHA That was hysterical.

You are SO getting a Christmas card from me this year!

Old 11-17-2007, 04:34 PM   #10
barronofhellion

yea i have my doupts too , i mean you have 2 great movies here with great actors and great directors
Predator

Alien

take away the good acting
take away the good story
take away the good directors
... and mash them together and what do you get ?
a epic fuckup

... imo

Last edited by barronofhellion; 11-17-2007 at 04:55 PM.
barronofhellion is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 07:00 PM   #11
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

What do you mean taking away the good acting from Predator and Aliens?
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 08:10 PM   #12
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Assuming that's a serious question:

He means get rid of the people who can act.

Assuming you're being sarcastic to imply there were no good actors in either movie, then I suggest you watch the movie again. Even though Arnold isn't exactly the most amazing actor in the world, he does an amazing job in that movie, along with every other character. And if you're going to say that the movie Alien had bad actors/actresses in it then I suggest you watch it again. It was another movie with an amazing cast that all worked very well in that movie and together.

**Edit
There lies confusion in the general conceptualization of the Alien movie francise. As the first movie's title is in fact "Alien" and the second movie's title is "Aliens" (plural). The picture you have presented is the picture of the second movie while you've referred to it as the first one. This has absolutely no result on the points being made by anyone... I just wanted to point it out before it got confusing in case anyone liked the first one and hate the second or something crazy like that.

Old 11-17-2007, 08:49 PM   #13
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

That being said...there were not many redeeming qualities that AVP brought to the table as a movie (I'm being generous as I can think of none). I think it set the franchise back some. Hollywood has a pretty bad track record with film adaptations of comics/graphic novels. The few exceptions hardly seem to upset that balance any. I think skepticism is healthy and hopefully the skeptics will be pleasantly surprised.

Old 11-17-2007, 10:02 PM   #14
bokko
when ff will out?
D&A Member

Both 'Aliens' and 'Predator' feature some pretty awful acting, awesome compared to other action movies perhaps. The first 'Alien' is allright, but the genre rarely offers anything spectacular in the field of acting.
bokko is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #15
Digital_Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by BinaryLife
Don't think ya looked very hard. They have had much more experience then just that and have either directed or played some major part in some fairly large feature films, Day After Tomorrow, 300, etc.

Colin Strause

Greg Strause

Also they have been talking with and giving feedback constantly about the film and tons of feed back and steady updates, etc, which is more then most directors/producers do with most major films . Have faith, this one will be good. Its not a sequel to the cliche filled, poor acting/char development eye candy excuse of a movie made by Paul. As a matter of fact in one of the interviews that was posted on planetavp.com with the strause brothers, they actully poked a lot of fun at Paul to. Found it rather amusing .
Digital_Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2007, 02:23 AM   #16
zSilver_Fox
IRL Combat Medic

Class/Position: D Medic
Gametype: Conca Jumping
Affiliations: ^iv
They were effects supervisors. What does that have to do with directing? Sounds like we'll wind up with another Star Wars Episode 3.

First infraction! Flaming!
zSilver_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2007, 07:11 AM   #17
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
I'd much rather see a new Firefly series or Serenity movie...
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-18-2007, 02:44 PM   #18
Innoc
Hitman 2 1 Actual

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg
+1

Old 11-18-2007, 03:24 PM   #19
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital_Ghost
Don't think ya looked very hard. They have had much more experience then just that and have either directed or played some major part in some fairly large feature films, Day After Tomorrow, 300, etc.

Colin Strause

Greg Strause

Also they have been talking with and giving feedback constantly about the film and tons of feed back and steady updates, etc, which is more then most directors/producers do with most major films . Have faith, this one will be good. Its not a sequel to the cliche filled, poor acting/char development eye candy excuse of a movie made by Paul. As a matter of fact in one of the interviews that was posted on planetavp.com with the strause brothers, they actully poked a lot of fun at Paul to. Found it rather amusing .
Yeah the non directing things they've done is being minor crew man. Like "3d Effects Supervisor." Directing is about 2 major things: motivating and interacting with the actors, and pointing the cameras. None of the things these guys have EVER done involve EITHER of those things other than putting together a DVD of EXISTING music videos for Nickleback. If you notice most good directors get their starts as writers, producers, or actors. When was the last time even a mediocre director came out of a crewman with no writing or acting experience? Directing is hard. Very hard. Take Zach Braff as an example of a first time director with Garden State. While I absoutely love the movie there are still some minor things that more experienced directors would have done differently. Of course, he WROTE the story so knows how to best tell it which is ithe directors primary job (Telling the story).

The reason most directors don't goof around and talk about hteir script is because it's a bad idea. They want to focus on fine tuning their product. You hvae to realise, movie is an art form. Could you imagine Picasso talking about his art in a laxed goofy way before he showed everyone the picture? No, because he's expressing himself on the paper just like actors, writers and directors are all doing. The point isn't to just make you look at what happens, then you could just read a book. Watch some of Stanely Kubricks movies... hell watch all of them (I still haven't watched all of them yet) but you'll see what truely amazing directing looks like. 2001 has some of the best directing I've seen. With very little dialogue you become submersed into the effects and the world presented. You could seriously just stare at this movie and fall into it, even if you hate Sci-Fi.

While I admit there is a chance that these guys can be different, that chance is based only on the fact that they are human beings, and occasionaly human beings defy patterns. That said, the chance is very low. The directing, in my opinion, has already failed and will make for this story to be told in a terrible way, so assuming that actors don't suck (crap they do) and the writing does (shit, no luck here) the movie would be good.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:28 PM   #20
BinaryLife
D&A Member
Wiki Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KubeDawg

+ 2