Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > Communities, Leagues, Clans and Guilds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2010, 03:08 AM   #181
JackBauer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggy View Post
There's nothing wrong with trying it. Don't listen to the detractors... try it again. Who's to say it won't work with a new patch(2.42) and the influx of players that usually brings? It shouldn't take much to organize it, and as long as you follow through as much as you can, if it fails, so what? At least then it's not your fault.
exactly mate. Like you said, it doesn't take that much effort at all. may be we will be lucky and get the chance to have a tournament, may be not.

trying doesn't cost anything.
__________________
Swiss Fortress Community
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-04-2010, 11:50 AM   #182
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
GenghisTron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dystopia
Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
so let me get this straight genghis, youre saying that if u could play you would be a part of the cancer thats destroying ff (the pickup community)? another thing i don't scare away newcomers but u can think whatever you want all day i cant change that. oh yeah how do i ruin pickups?
If I could play, I would push for an AvD pickup channel, I personally don't enjoy CTF that much. Also, being part of the pickup community doesn't automatically make you part of the 'cancer', nice logical fallacy bro, but being a dumbass/asshole does. You fit in pretty well with that. There's some members of the pickup community that I have nothing but respect for, but the 'big names' are all generally faggots who are actively destroying the community.

I can't recall how many times I read in the pickup channel that people were going to 'go into TALOS and rage noobs'. As Bridget pointed out, we have a thread on the TALOS admin forum dedicated to skimming #ff.pickup logs and picking up all the times they say they're gonna come in our server and rage us, or about how they talk about how much they hate us. Which is one thing that cracks me up, TALOS is as neutral as anything, and yet, people still hate us. Guess to be 'liked' you gotta be A FUCKIN PRO MATE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
oh yeah how do i ruin pickups?
Lol, here we go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
me and exo may not see eye to eye on everything and throw rage at each other, but he's never said "God your conc aim sucks", it's more like "rice, don't be a fag, add"
Exo is usually nice to new people (at least in public), but he does ruin pickups, and then denies he doesn't and starts shitfests. I've seen it dozens of times. Also, God forbid he gets in one of his 'moods' and starts banning everyone who pisses him off for no good reason. lolololololol.

Either way, if people want to keep FF alive, they should start by not being faggots. I think that's the best place to start.
__________________
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-04-2010, 05:28 PM   #183
Ricey
UI Designer
Front-End Developer
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Ricey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Winter Park, FL
Class/Position: D Eng
Gametype: CTF 9v9
Affiliations: .gr , smr
Posts Rated Helpful 46 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
If I could play, I would push for an AvD pickup channel, I personally don't enjoy CTF that much. Also, being part of the pickup community doesn't automatically make you part of the 'cancer', nice logical fallacy bro, but being a dumbass/asshole does. You fit in pretty well with that. There's some members of the pickup community that I have nothing but respect for, but the 'big names' are all generally faggots who are actively destroying the community.

I can't recall how many times I read in the pickup channel that people were going to 'go into TALOS and rage noobs'. As Bridget pointed out, we have a thread on the TALOS admin forum dedicated to skimming #ff.pickup logs and picking up all the times they say they're gonna come in our server and rage us, or about how they talk about how much they hate us. Which is one thing that cracks me up, TALOS is as neutral as anything, and yet, people still hate us. Guess to be 'liked' you gotta be A FUCKIN PRO MATE.



Lol, here we go.



Exo is usually nice to new people (at least in public), but he does ruin pickups, and then denies he doesn't and starts shitfests. I've seen it dozens of times. Also, God forbid he gets in one of his 'moods' and starts banning everyone who pisses him off for no good reason. lolololololol.

Either way, if people want to keep FF alive, they should start by not being faggots. I think that's the best place to start.

I piss him off all the time, and I have never been banned by him.

Also, just because the channel says #ff.pickup doesn't mean that has to be the only Pick Up Channel, go make ff.gather and start your own.

Shit, EU/US are already split up.
__________________
Support FF:
Maps : Haste |Scrummage |Mulch_Trench
Voltage | Exchange Classic | Fortsake
ricecakes: I demand SGs get a buff
squeek.: buy it a gym membership


'I have an eye for design' - Kube 2014

Last edited by Ricey; 11-04-2010 at 05:29 PM.
Ricey is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-04-2010, 08:31 PM   #184
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
the reason genghis tron and bridget were banned from ff pickup channel is because its plain to see that they have no interest in playing in pickups however they want to troll our channel as they troll this forum. I have the power to stop them from being in our channel and i did. IMO the ff forums need to give you both a 6 month ban so you can stop the nonsense in these forums. (bad mouthing FF. bad mouthing players like myself for no reason)
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-04-2010, 10:32 PM   #185
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
the reason genghis tron and bridget were banned from ff pickup channel is because its plain to see that they have no interest in playing in pickups however they want to troll our channel as they troll this forum. I have the power to stop them from being in our channel and i did. IMO the ff forums need to give you both a 6 month ban so you can stop the nonsense in these forums. (bad mouthing FF. bad mouthing players like myself for no reason)
That's not the reason. If you actually cared for only having people in that channel who wanted to play pickups, then you would be left with like five players. You just get mad 'cause people have a different opinion than you. You and your goon friends kill the community, routinely try to troll our servers and others, then get trolled back and get all mad-sad about it.

When I had the Talos Beginner Community going, a few decent pickup players were occasionally allowed to join us. Oh, but then things got out of hand. Suddenly, everyone had the password to our private server. Pickup faggots galore. All they did was talk shit and discourage the public players (whom we had no problem convincing to play competitive and organized FF contrary to this perception of the public community by both pickup fags and sad to say it, the developers) from ever playing in that format again. Really, cry some more. You guys are the epitome of cowards: talk shit one minute but curl into the fetal position the next.

Yeah, you would love for both of us to get banned because we actually notice the cancer that is killing Fortress Forever and want to get rid of it. How convenience for you, the cancer, if we were to get banned. :>

Last edited by Bridget; 11-04-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-04-2010, 11:11 PM   #186
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Ok, I have to ask the obvious question.... why didn't you just ban the problem players from the server?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-04-2010, 11:15 PM   #187
Bridget
Banned
 
Bridget's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Class/Position: Soldier
Gametype: AVD
Affiliations: TALOS
Posts Rated Helpful 5 Times
Our scrimmage server has no server plugins. It's vanilla. I didn't know if there was a way via rcon either. I just got the password changed a few times. By the time people stopped showing up, the public players had went back to playing on the public server.
Bridget is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 12:44 AM   #188
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Get thier Steam ID and create a banlist. It worked well in TFC, and don't see any reason that feature wouldn't be in FF. I'm sure the instructions how are pretty easy to locate.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 12:56 AM   #189
NeonLight
NeoNL
Wiki Team
Beta Tester
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boston, Mass
Class/Position: Soldier, Medic
Gametype: AvD
Affiliations: +M|M+ -RS
Posts Rated Helpful 170 Times
rcon_ban i believe
NeonLight is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 02:49 AM   #190
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
GenghisTron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dystopia
Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
I piss him off all the time, and I have never been banned by him.
What's your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricey View Post
Also, just because the channel says #ff.pickup doesn't mean that has to be the only Pick Up Channel, go make ff.gather and start your own.
Doesn't the game need to be semi-popular to have a gather channel? Since, after all, they provide the servers? Getting a gather channel is unnecessary, I could just start my own channel and tell people to go there, get a server, etc. Either way, I can't do that 'till I fix my comp or just build a new one.

[quote=CHURCHMOUTH;477471]the reason genghis tron and bridget were banned from ff pickup channel is because its plain to see that they have no interest in playing in pickups however they want to troll our channel as they troll this forum.

Man, that is rich. I've never 'trolled' ff.pickup EVER. Every time I've talked in ff.pickup, was a serious discussion, and 99% of the time, I only talked to people I was friends with. I said 'u mad', to you, because that was after you passive-aggressively took a swipe at me, completely unprovoked. That's not trolling. You initiated the whole event. You want me to just sit back and don't do anything after you act like a cry baby? Right, I replied with 'u mad', you got even madder (over the internet, lol) and then you banned me. Maturity. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen, bro.

You banned us because you're an angry individual (You even said in ff.pickup the night before you banned me that Bridget mad you 'so mad') who had power, and abused it. It's as simple as that. The last time you banned me was when I was talking to zE about pak rat, and then you quipped a couple minutes later calling me a faggot, etc. So not only are you lying about me 'trolling' the pickup channel, you're a hypocrite. GJ Bro. Every time something comes out of your keyboard, it just makes you look even worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
I have the power to stop them from being in our channel and i did.
Like I said, traditionally, people in power in the FF community have a high propensity to abuse their power. You are a shining example, sir. You have no empirical basis to ban me or Bridget from the pickup channel, you just banned us because you can't contain your anger. Stop trying to project your insecurities on me and Bridget. You're the one with the problem, not us. The amount of trolling and petty drama that goes on in the pickup channel is pretty much non-stop. Every day there's arguments and people 'trolling' each other, yet, you're on good terms with them, so they're not banned. Me and Bridget don't play pickups, but idle in the channel, you perceive (Flawed perception =/= Reality) that we're trolling you, and you ban us.

Lol. The cancer that is killing FF.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
IMO the ff forums need to give you both a 6 month ban so you can stop the nonsense in these forums. (bad mouthing FF. bad mouthing players like myself for no reason)
__________________
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 05:38 AM   #191
CHURCHMOUTH
crystaLcity
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
CHURCHMOUTH's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Class/Position: Soldier D
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Goodfellas
Posts Rated Helpful 7 Times
you have said it yourself plenty of times you dont even play fortress forever right now because of hardware problems or whatever.. are you actually trying to say that u were not in the channel for any reason besides trolling and talking shit which i know for a fact you cant back up? faggot.
CHURCHMOUTH is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 06:06 AM   #192
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
GenghisTron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dystopia
Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHURCHMOUTH View Post
you have said it yourself plenty of times you dont even play fortress forever right now because of hardware problems or whatever.. are you actually trying to say that u were not in the channel for any reason besides trolling and talking shit which i know for a fact you cant back up? faggot.


I never trolled anyone in ff.pickup. You claimed I was trolling you when you passive-aggressively attacked me, and then I followed up with a 'u mad'. For the second time, that is not trolling. Let's observe.

<CHURCHMOUTH> genghis tron maps?
<CHURCHMOUTH> pretty sure all ive even seen from you is forum fagging
<CHURCHMOUTH> ohh wait nevermind you know everything there is to know about everything there is to be known. my bad

I replied to the above with 'u mad', because you attacked me out of nowhere when I was chatting with people who I was friends with. You started it, bro. You're the troll. Then you banned me. So you're a cry baby troll who abuses his power. You're following in the footsteps of Scuzzy and Co. to a 't'.

And for the second time (notice the pattern here), I've pretty much only ever talked to people who I am friends with in the pickup channel. Between small talk, adding to pickups, and the whole trivia thing a few months back, I was fairly inactive in the pickup channel. But oh wait, you're making a big deal out of me 'trolling' (Which is a lie), meanwhile certain people troll the channel every damn day.

Also, take note that everything I've said in the post has been brought up in this thread, or other threads, and you keep repeating it. Keep up with the debate, bro, I'm running circles around you repeating myself a billion times over. I should just make one big post and repost it every time you reply.
__________________
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 06:19 AM   #193
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
why dont you just go derail every thread you shitfaces
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 06:28 AM   #194
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
GenghisTron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dystopia
Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Churchmouth has a hard time posting in a thread without bringing up me or Bridget, it seems. His madness on the internet is over 9000, apparently.
__________________
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 07:41 AM   #195
Dexter
internet user
Fortress Forever Staff
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GenghisTron View Post
Churchmouth has a hard time posting in a thread without bringing up me or Bridget, it seems. His madness on the internet is over 9000, apparently.
the humor in your overuse of memes is near 0
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 07:59 AM   #196
GenghisTron
AKA LittleAndroidMan
D&A Member
Beta Tester
 
GenghisTron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Dystopia
Class/Position: Demo/Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [TALOS] [SR]
Posts Rated Helpful 11 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter View Post
the humor in your overuse of memes is near 0
You're assuming my use of meme's has something to do with the fact of whether or not I care of what people think about my use of meme's.

Hint: It doesn't.

__________________
GenghisTron is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 06:00 PM   #197
JackBauer
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Switzerland
Posts Rated Helpful 20 Times
at least no one can claim this thread's dead.
JackBauer is offline   Reply With Quote


Old 11-05-2010, 10:33 PM   #198
Iggy
Heartless Threadkiller
Beta Tester
Forum Moderator
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Class/Position: D-Solly / O-Medic
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] AssEaters
Posts Rated Helpful 42 Times
Knock off the bullshit, and get back on topic.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by zSilver_Fox
See kids? Only Iggy and FT are good enough to post when high.
Publishers Website My book on BN.com My book on Amazon.com

Friend me on Facebook
Follow me on Twitter
Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote


Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.