Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Chat

Old 11-25-2006, 11:11 AM   #261
o_nezumi

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I dunno, the anime sucks thread was kinda funny.

Anyway jiggles should be along soon to ban Mulch, like he said he would.

Oh, by the way, I finally managed to railroad one of my friends into watching Gungrave and now he's all depressed. Lol, sucker.
o_nezumi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2006, 10:25 PM   #262
o_tyrus

Just finished Haibane Renmei. What a strange anime. At times it was very touching but it did seem pretty slow. The animation, however, is excellent and the artwork also adds to its excellency.

On to a more mainstream anime next - Samurai Champloo, from the makers of Cowboy Bebop, SC is an anime that somehow slipped through the cracks for me and I just never got around to watching it. Now is the time! Hope its good.
o_tyrus is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2006, 06:45 AM   #263
o_nezumi

My god, how did you miss that one?

It's way better than Cowboy Bebop. You're in for some awesome.

Old 11-29-2006, 04:47 PM   #264
o_tyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by [CJFF]VulturEMaN
Full Metal Panic:TSR for some good shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherealRage
TSR would have been good if he finally boned Chidori.
I just finished TSR within the last month. When I first watched Full Metal Panic, the first season, I thought this anime was mediocre at best.

Then I watched the second season, Full Metal Panic - Fumoffu, and thought, that Fumoffu was great for its comedy, but why the total change of moods? Its like the first season and the second are two totally different animes, just with the same characters.

Then after watching the third season, Full Metal Panic - The Second Raid, it all came together as one. The FMP series as a whole was boosted to one of my favorites after TSR. Overall, a great series (all three included).

Old 11-30-2006, 02:15 PM   #265
o_nezumi

Anime is wierd. Either everyone's entirely celebate or acts like they're in junior high around the opposite sex, or everyone's raping eachother at high speed. There's not too much middle ground.

I wish things would go like this a little more often:

him: "Y'know all this sexual tension is getting kinda old. We're both adults (or at least in highschool) so let's go get naked."
her: "Sounds like a plan."

Old 11-30-2006, 02:27 PM   #266
Jiggles
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nezumi
Anyway jiggles should be along soon to ban Mulch, like he said he would.
Trust me, it's sooooooooooooooo tempting

Quote:
Anime is wierd. Either everyone's entirely celebate or acts like they're in junior high around the opposite sex, or everyone's raping eachother at high speed. There's not too much middle ground.

I wish things would go like this a little more often:

him: "Y'know all this sexual tension is getting kinda old. We're both adults (or at least in highschool) so let's go get naked."
her: "Sounds like a plan."
Yeah, I totally agree.
Jiggles is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2006, 02:45 PM   #267
o_dr zoidberg

Quote:
him: "Lets fuck"
her: "K"
*cockney accent* Not bloodeh likleh!!

But yeah. I've started watching some anime recently and i really like Full metal alchemist im at ep 30-ish. watched naruto to about 120 where i got bored. and i've seen some love hina(rocked the first ep's then sucked ass with the filler shit) then suzuka or something some love thing wasnt really that good. and im watching abit elfen lied to but its just weird. saw Fooley Cooley to i dont think its really entertaining. i jsut liked the art abit sometimes, guh just gives me a headache. and i dont really think the dudes who made it are geniuses cause they just put alot of shit into an anime, big deal.
o_dr zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 PM   #268
o_tyrus

Elfen Lied is probably my second favorite 13 episode series of all time (hence my new avatar). First being Saikano and third being Haruhi Suzumiya.

Oh and I agree, FLCL was painfully boring too. I only made it to episode 5 out of 6. I decided that that last 20 min episode wasn't worth the time.

Edit: I left out Fumoffu and The Second Raid for my favorite 13 episode series for a reason. Basically, I don't consider them as 13 episode series. More so I consider them as just 2nd and 3rd seasons to Full Metal Panic. IF I did consider them as 13 episode series, TSR would be #2 moving the other two listed above, down a notch.

Saikano still wins!

Last edited by o_tyrus; 11-30-2006 at 04:44 PM.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:01 PM   #269
o_nezumi

Tyrus: Watch the last episode, then watch all 6 again. It's only 12 episodes. You'll appriciate it. Or you have no soul!

I didn't really like it the first time I watched it then I started getting obsessed after the second viewing. (adult swim was responsible for that)

Anyway all that shit is there for a reason. You just gotta poke around at it.

Edit: P.S. Onegai Teacher was a fairly mediocre show where the two main characters just wouldn't get it on. In the last episode everything had been resolved and there were no more barriers between them or anything and they still wouldn't even touch eachother. But then there was the OAV which was basically all about their friends trying to trick the two of them into winding up at a seedy hotel together. And it worked. Good shit.

Old 11-30-2006, 04:48 PM   #270
o_dr zoidberg

hentai pron?
o_dr zoidberg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2006, 06:41 PM   #271
o_tyrus

Ahh just finished Samurai Champloo. I was hesitant about finishing the last few episodes of this series because I wasn't sure it would end how I was hoping. Plus, after watching the episode about baseball, I almost lost all hope for this series.

The main reason however, that I didn't want to continue is because I know this series was done by the same people as Cowboy Bebop, and in the back of my mind I thought the series would have a similar ending. If you have seen CB, then you know what I'm talking about, and I didn't want to see the same thing repeat itself.

But, it ended very nicely. Now I'm done with Samurai Champloo! w00t!

Last edited by o_tyrus; 12-02-2006 at 07:23 PM.

Old 12-02-2006, 05:59 PM   #272
o_nezumi

Now go watch FLCL you bastard!

Hurry! Before it's too late!

Old 12-03-2006, 03:50 AM   #273
o_the russian

in my HS days when I was surrounded by friends who loved this stuff I use to watch it ALL the time, i still got a huge library of download old anime to which I lost my Excell catalogue.

Amongst my fav were,

Kimagure Orange Road,
Ah My Goddess
the entirety of Love Hina,
Ghost in the Shell,
Armitage
Iria Zeiram,
Evangelion (before everyone loving it became "ghay"),
Miazaki films like Mononoke, and My Neighbor Tottoro, and that one with the girl on the giant catterpillars.
Serial Experiments Lain (now that was a hard one to get into, but once I did, I loved it).
All of Slayers ! (oh god that show was awesome, go Lina Inverse !)

and I'm probably forgetting a lot of good ones here... I'm old school

and soooo much more... alas now I look down on all who obsess with anime ever since spending a year in my college's anime club... I couldnt bring myself to socialize with the anti-social amoebas, shoujen divas, self-depreciating attention-whoring sluts who abuse depression medication to get attention, self-loathing social outcasts, wanna-be communists, chain smoking alcoholics in old trench coats obsessed with LARPS, and habitual-loser man-sluts who populated its ranks.

yet with all this, I cant deny that I liked it a lot, and probably could still do so, but would feel horribly depressed if I ever started watching it again because of these re-inforced mental associations I had forged over my years in college.

Ontop of this I had and still have a huge anime music video collection for old times sake, I kept the AMVs atleast cuz there were some hardcore good ones.
o_the russian is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2006, 11:50 AM   #274
o_player

Let's Fighting Love!

Let's Fighting Love!

:P
o_player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2006, 12:15 PM   #275
o_nezumi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Russian
... alas now I look down on all who obsess with anime ever since spending a year in my college's anime club... I couldnt bring myself to socialize with the anti-social amoebas, shoujen divas, self-depreciating attention-whoring sluts who abuse depression medication to get attention, self-loathing social outcasts, wanna-be communists, chain smoking alcoholics in old trench coats obsessed with LARPS, and habitual-loser man-sluts who populated its ranks.
Oh good, so it's not just my college's anime club that's like that.

I think anime clubs are the #1 cause of people not liking anime. I remember Defrag saying that some prat once came up to him out of nowhere and started a conversation by saying 'So how do you like your anime?' or something like that. *Bam* One less defrag looking into anime.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:04 PM   #276
o_tyrus

http://www.animenfo.com/statistic/top.php?type=anime

I have been using this site as a reference as to what shows to watch. I'm currently done with everything up until Planet Es, of which I'm going to watch now. Actually, I have watched much much more than just 32 anime's, but as for being in order from that list, thats about where I am.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:08 PM   #277
o_rizzo

What makes big men watch robots and speaking teddybears? just curious
o_rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2006, 12:09 PM   #278
o_tyrus

I don't know. You tell me. What tv show are you specifically talking about? I have never seen it or heard of it.

Old 12-04-2006, 12:12 PM   #279
o_rizzo

Nah I meant generally
o_rizzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-2006, 12:15 PM   #280
o_tyrus

If you can't name one, then how can you mean "generally"?