Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Community > General Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you want snipers on aardvark?
Yes 39 60.94%
No 25 39.06%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #41
MightyLotu

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
imo the only thing that really needs cover is the line of sight between the top spawn exits.
MightyLotu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #42
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
Credge, I stand solid next to my "players are always jumping in public servers." statement, because it is a fact--your statement is not.
You're statement is false, mine is correct.

Notice how I didn't supply any proof? Please back up your claim.
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2007, 02:08 PM   #43
Player
D&A Member

I will try to get a montage of videos of people playing on public servers, this is not a promise, but I will try.

You only have to enter a public server, which is something I doubt you have done, after all, you do not care for public gameplay.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2007, 02:11 PM   #44
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
I will try to get a montage of videos of people playing on public servers, this is not a promise, but I will try.

You only have to enter a public server, which is something I doubt you have done, after all, you do not care for public gameplay.
Don't make assumptions. All I play on are public servers. People rarely jump >unless< they know what they are doing. Most people don't know what they are doing.

Old 10-13-2007, 02:50 PM   #45
Player
D&A Member

Why only care for clan play then? (curiosity)

Can't be arsed with videos or images (too much time for something so trivial), but I will admit that jumping is not as common as I was thought it was; however, it is not rare as you make it out to be.
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-13-2007, 03:20 PM   #46
Poo Puppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by df`
Aardvark is the worst. If you're not a medic or a scout you have no hope of crossing the enormous midfield, and even if you are it's a tossup. As a soldier, the instant you step out of the base, bam, 1 shotted or bam, reduced to 6 health/zero armor, at which point you may as well just suicide. Every damn time.
Now add silly 'league' rules which don't allow you to defend yourself mid-yard, and you can see why it can be more annoying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
no. i am NEVER going to join a clan for two reasons:
1. it pretty much means you have no life
2. they have stupid rules like "no fighting in yard" or w/e shit. i like to have FUN, not to be contrainsted by some retarded rules.
Don't forget how most clans just exist to power-trip over their members, in any game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by own3r
Its called he wants all heavy classes to be destroyed by snipers so only the "clan style" offence gets through to the enemy base. This is extremely stupid for two reasons:

1.) There is no clan style limits or positioning of sgs or hws in the enemy base and people can simply lock down the ramp and prevent the offence getting any further.

2.) Without heavier classes such as soldiers taking down the multitude of sentry guns and hws it impossible to get through and defence has it very easy resulting in a stalemate. Thus making this map no fun at all to play.
I agree. I would like to do more offense, but when 9/10 times I'm killed by a sniper before I'm halfway across the map, or enter the enemy base with 21/0, I pretty much stay in my base and defend. But also on defense it gets boring because all I'm killing is medics. Yawn...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Credge
Don't make assumptions. All I play on are public servers. People rarely jump >unless< they know what they are doing. Most people don't know what they are doing.
I play on pubs and clan servers. I don't jump much because its not my style. I'm not playing Bunnyhop Forever. I will jump or bunnyhop as part of a tactic or sequence of moves, but I don't do it continuously. And I find it annoying to watch others constantly bouncing around the base, either defense or offense. I think it looks retarded, but that's just me apparently.

Quote:

Can't be arsed with videos or images (too much time for something so trivial), but I will admit that jumping is not as common as I was thought it was; however, it is not rare as you make it out to be.
He's trying to say that if you don't jump like a rabbit, you're not a good player. It's the old "You don't bunnyhop because you can't" mentality, and disregards the crowd who "Doesn't bunnyhop because they don't want to" and labels them as inferior. Typical elitist statement.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #47
punkrockrocks
When patch will out?

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
I say yes, snipers belong in Aardvark, but more cover in the yard couldn't hurt.
punkrockrocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2007, 01:27 AM   #48
[AE] 5316 *TKZ*
D&A Member
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: Medic - O
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: [AE] Asseater Clan
Send a message via ICQ to [AE] 5316 *TKZ* Send a message via AIM to [AE] 5316 *TKZ* Send a message via MSN to [AE] 5316 *TKZ* Send a message via Yahoo to [AE] 5316 *TKZ* Send a message via Skype™ to [AE] 5316 *TKZ*
How's 'bout just release 2 versions? FF_aardvark_league, and FF_aardvark_pub.

that way you don't have to comprimise your league standards, and the pubbers can get a break.
==================================================
[AE] 5316 *TKZ* is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2007, 01:46 AM   #49
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Quote:
I enjoy structured game play to put it simply.

To extrapolate further, I'm getting bored of pubbing. I pubbed TFC, CS, BF2, Quake (1-3), UT (1-2k4), and a plethora of mods for HL, HL2, and UT. It's become incredibly boring to not try so it's challenging, if that makes any sense.

Now, I'm not saying I'm any good. I'm terrible in regards to TFC league play above silver.

There is much more excitement, thrill, and enjoyment when you have a group of friends playing to actually win against another team that wants to win instead of playing a game where people simply kill each other in the yard all day and the winner doesn't matter.

It's great to actually compete against other peoples organized teams, with sportsman like conduct. With league play, you are almost always guaranteed a challenging game. You are almost always playing against people who know what they are doing, how to do it and when to do it.

But, besides all of that, it's simply that much more fun.

Old 10-15-2007, 02:16 AM   #50
Dr.Uudge
in-game as Dr.Ainpipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meathook
I think I like it, but it's not right for FF... idk

Snipers can power shoot, head shot, blast someone to hell, cripple their legs, or tag em... I'd be all for removing the power shot.

what if..

Head shots: instakill on all

scouts, medics, spies, and snipers (and civi) take two to the chest

all others 3

other than that, they'd be tagged and/or crippled.. do snipes need more?

btw, snipe is my second favorite class.

and yes, aardvark is silly with the snipes, like 4 on each team... it's nuts... but I've started not liking Aardvark...(for mostly non-league pubs, but the conc in conc out set up is weak too)
Yes indeedy.

hs = 1 shot kill no matter what class [edit: perhaps except soldiers and hwguys who would need 2 hs? or 1 hs and 1 chest?]

chest = 2 shot kill for light armor classes like scout,medic,demo, spy, sniper, civ

chest = 3 shot for heavy armor classes like pyro, soldier, hwguy

arms/legs = tag + minor dmg(~10-15h 10-15a?)

I've tried searching for key words like "sniper tweak" and "sniper charge" but cant' seem to find other posts that had suggested this.

Has this kind of implimentation been discussed yet? It seems to make more sense than gibbing someone for shooting their foot if you get a charged shot. Also, scouts don't have to get shot by charged shots to die from being sniped, because h/a is low anyways. Instead of the charge, if snipe shots were based on shot placement, aardvark would not need more covers on the ground. I would support this if it ever came to a vote.
Dr.Uudge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2007, 02:55 AM   #51
Imbrifer
Religious Stamp Machine
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Imbrifer
Quote:
Imo need more midfield cover. Tall stone pillars that give you a cover chance. Snipers have it too easy.
Hear here. Stick some of those bigass rock models in the map, and you're good to go.
Imbrifer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2007, 04:27 AM   #52
Coronius
Alcoholic Artist

Posts Rated Helpful 2 Times
Never had a problem with snipers on Aardvark... How about dont play the map and if you get pwnt stfu?
Coronius is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-15-2007, 09:26 AM   #53
Kapoentje

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenday5494
no. i am NEVER going to join a clan for two reasons:
1. it pretty much means you have no life
2. they have stupid rules like "no fighting in yard" or w/e shit. i like to have FUN, not to be contrainsted by some retarded rules.
Just another narrow-minded view on online gaming. FYI with my former TFC clan we took 2 trips to Spain, did a hell of a lot 'offline' meetings,... and whatnot. For me it was a chance to socialize (in real life) with people outside my own country. Even to this day we still meet although we don't play anymore.

And even though we did play on 'a high competitive level' we sure as hell had a lot of fun. Nobody forced anybody to 'follow rules'. Good players just know mid map action isn't going to win you a war, they don't need clans to tell them what to do.
Kapoentje is offline   Reply With Quote