Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Tech

Old 11-22-2008, 01:06 AM   #21
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mervaka
so they've started making keyboards in two tone brown again?
The one I posted is a couple decades old.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2008, 10:16 AM   #22
caesium
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: anything
Gametype: everything
Affiliations: #teamfail
Posts Rated Helpful 27 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Player
Raptor Gaming K1
i've had this kb for a few years now, and i love it. since i started using it i've never had any issues at all with number of key presses (including none of the all too familier weird effects to controls on other inputs even if it does correctly register all of the keys pressed), but what i really like about it is the always perfect precision and consistency of the key presses and their weight and feel. other things to point out are that it looks like a retro piece of crap lol (but all i care about is how well it works), and it's not "quiet" (because any damping would reduce the precision and consistency of the keys) but the noise it makes has never been something i've thought about before tbh - i just mention it cos it's something you asked.

the thing is, i dno how many ppl would even notice any benefits at all over one of the many v good (and cheap) basic kb's. so ermmmm, yeah, it's up to your style of play and the way (speed/coordination/precision) with which you use your kb ingame as whether or not it's worth it for you, but if you're one of the few for who it is worth it then i'd thoroughly recommend it and you won't be disappointed

btw there's a good free app that let's you remap keys on any kb (google "keytweak").

Last edited by caesium; 11-22-2008 at 10:22 AM.
caesium is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-2008, 10:27 AM   #23
Player
D&A Member

Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
I have used the Raptor Gaming K1 in the past and really liked the feel of the keys, but never enjoyed the idea of spending £70+ on it :P

Now, however, I am getting really bored with my current keyboard. It is a bit big, chunky and rattly so I want to get something that will last a long time, and I know the Raptor Gaming K1 is more than likely to outlive any of the mentioned keyboards.

Now, time to find a place to buy it (or the DKTBoard) :P
Player is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2008, 10:11 PM   #24
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
Annoying people since 1986

Class/Position: O fatty, pyro - D engy, pyro
Gametype: CTF
Affiliations: This space for rent.
Posts Rated Helpful 1 Times
Send a message via MSN to פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ
mmmm nostalgia...
פֿяαιп βαмαgεפ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-2008, 10:59 PM   #25
Paft
Beta Tester

Class/Position: [O] Med
Gametype: CTF/Skills
Posts Rated Helpful 67 Times
I'm stumped to suggest something to suit your criteria. You're after a low-profile look but high performance yeah?

Wow doesn't look like a 70+ keyboard does it. How about the K2? It's half the price. A shame it doesn't have a backlight. They make usage easier.
Paft is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2008, 12:21 PM   #26
MonoXideAtWork
Pub Allstar!
Beta Tester

Class/Position: under en kvinna
Gametype: Capture the Flag
Affiliations: Eternal Order, Must be h4x, Mono's happy funtime.
Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
A ps2 keyboard id divided into sectors. You cannot use more than 3 actions in a sector simultaneously. Different keyboards have different layouts and its trial and error before you find one that works for you. I do support the IBM model M keyboards as not only do they have a very few issues with the keymapping sectors, but the resistance on the keys builds muscle tone.

Or I could be blowing this all out of my ass. At one time, whoever made it all up did a good job.
MonoXideAtWork is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2008, 03:23 PM   #27
KubeDawg
Nade Whore
Server Owner
Beta Tester

Class/Position: Scout/Soldier
Gametype: CTF/TDM
Affiliations: blunt. Moto
Posts Rated Helpful 128 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonoXideAtWork
A ps2 keyboard id divided into sectors. You cannot use more than 3 actions in a sector simultaneously. Different keyboards have different layouts and its trial and error before you find one that works for you. I do support the IBM model M keyboards as not only do they have a very few issues with the keymapping sectors, but the resistance on the keys builds muscle tone.

Or I could be blowing this all out of my ass. At one time, whoever made it all up did a good job.
Steelseries keyboards have unique keys, meaning you can press all keys on the keyboard simultaneously and each one will work.
Moto's Funhouse | Dallas, TX - 74.91.114.247:27015

ff_plunder - Complete
KubeDawg is offline   Reply With Quote