Fortress Forever

Go Back   Fortress Forever > Off Topic > Other Games

Old 12-07-2008, 11:59 PM   #121
eternity94

Posts Rated Helpful 0 Times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost
I explored every bit of the ruined city and just about everything on the eastern half of the map. So I hit level 20 pretty early in the storyline.

If it required Science skill to activate, I stopped it at 50 so I could use the average skill terminals, so I may be pooched there. My next guy is a tech head badguy. I went good karma last time so I'm going bad this time. I still find myself being nice to people in order to get more quests.
You can try being that diabolical evil, You know how you are nice at first but then screws you over in the end.
eternity94 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2008, 12:56 AM   #122
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Ahh, see, being evil takes more effort than just being a fuckhead to everyone! Gotta try that, lol.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2008, 03:06 AM   #123
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Class/Position: D Soldier, O Scout
Gametype: AvD
Posts Rated Helpful 9 Times
Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Fallout 3 Alignments:

Lawful Good (I was happy to help, good citizen! FOR MANKIND!)
Mercenary Neutral (I don't care, just give me the money.)
Retarded Evil (Fuck you, your stupid ideas, and your mother! I'd rather kill you and then this entire town before I help you or act civilly!)

There are few, if any, evil options that don't provoke combat (which usually leads to an entire town hating you) so most evil characters will get that way by random murder more than by quests or dialogue.

Neutral characters always seem to take the money route. There's no doing things for their own sake.

Good characters get the pick of the litter with quests and dialogue, until a Speech check fumbles and you're forced into combat.

The good news is... things don't always work out like you might expect. Things like Tenpenny Tower can offer a glimpse of what the Wasteland really is.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:43 AM   #124
eternity94

New Operation Anchorage Details- http://pc.ign.com/articles/937/937472c.html

Old 12-11-2008, 10:54 PM   #125
eternity94

GECK NOW RELEASED!

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/eng/home...id=zyNxpBYjSbD

Old 12-11-2008, 11:12 PM   #126
Jester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: O: Scout
Affiliations: {NFO} - New Family Order
Are the mods out too?
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2008, 01:18 AM   #127
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Send a message via AIM to Circuitous Send a message via MSN to Circuitous Send a message via Yahoo to Circuitous Send a message via Skype™ to Circuitous
Mods have been out for months.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com

Old 12-12-2008, 03:40 AM   #128
Jester
Fortress Forever Staff

Class/Position: O: Scout
Affiliations: {NFO} - New Family Order
I mean the Alaska campaign and stuff..
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2008, 04:19 AM   #129
Demasu
Official FF Medic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
That's some time early next year.
Demasu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2008, 09:50 PM   #130
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester
You usually wanna call those "DLC," "Official Mods," "Expansions," etc.

FORGIVE THE CONFUSION.

Also, yeah, January March and April will see the three DLCs. It's all in the press release.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:13 PM   #131
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
Here's a question. Will PC users have to pay for this DLC? I don't think I'd do that to be honest .

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2008, 10:15 PM   #132
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

DLC for Oblivion had to be purchased, but after the huge backlash from that, and the absolutely vast number of high-quality user-made mods that are completely free, I'm not expecting any small-time stuff to have a cost attached.

These DLCs, however, don't look like they'll be small-time.

From the interview they'll probably all be 800 points each, or $10.

Also: those fuckers are raising the level cap, but not until Broken Steel? Fuckers!

Old 12-15-2008, 01:27 AM   #133
Credge
FF Loremaster
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 4 Times
I'm more the kind of guy that waits for an expansion before dumping $10 on some 2 hours worth of content that I could get for about $2 in an $30 expansion. The only stuff I buy is Rock Band DLC because I actually feel like I get my moneys worth as I'll play a song a good 500 times before I never play it again.

Now, I'm kind of about all of this. The Pitt is supposed to be a city but... D.C. was pretty small. I don't think a D.C. sized area is anything I'd be willing to pay for =\.

Ronald Reagan
Credge is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2008, 02:06 AM   #134
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Then I'd recommend not paying for it.

I got all the Oblivion DLC via Knights of the Nine, which made it worth paying for.

Shivering Isles... that shit coulda been its own game.

Old 12-17-2008, 12:34 AM   #135
Lost
Fear teh crowbar.
Retired FF Staff

Gametype: CTF ftw, yeh
Posts Rated Helpful 6 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to Lost
Goddamn you Circ, making me want to bust out Oblivion again.

You are a pirate!
Lost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2008, 12:39 AM   #136
Everything
This is still alive?
Wiki Team
Beta Tester

Posts Rated Helpful 3 Times
Me too, Oblivion on the PC has a endless amount of mods... don't tempt me!! D:
Everything is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #137
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

a) I have to go buy the Oblivion expansions because I totalyl forgot about them until now.

b) I got Fallout 3 on PC, which is aight... I have to run it on low settings on my computer.

Either way I'm hooked. I wouldn't call it Oblivion with guns, it seems far more linear than oblivion... but maybe I'm still too early on.

I'm also massively bitter because I planted the charge on the bomb in Megaton, then later realized I don't entirely want to blow up a whole town, but I can't go back and defuse it now

Also, I never played fallout 1 or 2, so I can't comment on how it fits in the series... I'm a go hit up vault 112.

EDIT: Hah, apparently the blow up megaton thing wasn't in the japanese release due to 'cultural insensitivity'. Awesome.

Last edited by FrenchToast; 12-21-2008 at 02:50 PM.
FrenchToast is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #138
AfterShock
Fortress Forever Staff

Posts Rated Helpful 45 Times
There are lots of things you have to edit out for the japanese market. Like dismembering corpses.
AfterShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2008, 01:51 AM   #139
Circuitous
Useless
Retired FF Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrenchToast
a) I have to go buy the Oblivion expansions because I totalyl forgot about them until now.

b) I got Fallout 3 on PC, which is aight... I have to run it on low settings on my computer.

Either way I'm hooked. I wouldn't call it Oblivion with guns, it seems far more linear than oblivion... but maybe I'm still too early on.
It's not really any more linear than Oblivion was. You do the character generation quest, you're given a goal, directions to that goal, and then you exit the dungeon/Vault and you're on your own.

Unlike Oblivion, though, the main quest's first target location is somewhere nearby that you might actually want to visit.

Quote:
I'm also massively bitter because I planted the charge on the bomb in Megaton, then later realized I don't entirely want to blow up a whole town, but I can't go back and defuse it now
Can you talk to Lucas Simms and accept the quest to disarm it? That may change the status of the quest and let you un-rig it. I've never tried, though.

For what it's worth you don't lose a whole lot when you destroy Megaton, other than a few interesting NPCs and a couple side quests.

Quote:
Also, I never played fallout 1 or 2, so I can't comment on how it fits in the series... I'm a go hit up vault 112.
It fits okay. It fiddles a little bit with accepted canon but it doesn't do anything outright lore-breaking. (No Mutants Allowed may disagree but they can shove it up their collective ass.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfterShock
There are lots of things you have to edit out for the japanese market. Like dismembering corpses.
Stupid question: why would dismembering corpses be edited out of the Japanese version?

Old 12-22-2008, 05:35 AM   #140
FrenchToast
The 1337est
D&A Member

No, now that I've started running around, I realize it's not less linear than Oblivion. I think I just like the fact that in Oblivion, you can right off the bat gang up with fighters guild/mages etc., so you know you always have a safe haven. I felt a little more helpless in the start of this one.

And no, I can't defuse the bomb now. My new plan is to now get all the quests in town plus the bobblehead, and then kill everyone inside and take their shit. Then blow the place up and kill the two d-bags to neutralize my karma. Is all good.